• Dec 10th, 2018 3:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
OK, so I met FujiGuy Jerry (see his video below) today (known him since the FujiTuesday days), and had a chance to play with the X-T3 and 8-16/2.8. Jerry joked that they fixed everything from the X-T1 that I used to complain about. He is right. EVF is big improvement over what I'm used to. Eyecups are compatible with all other Fujifilm camera. Diopter dial now locks and feels really nice. Exposure comp has just the right tension. All buttons feel more clicky and responsive than the X-T2. It's subtle, but noticeable. The thinner shooting mode dial doesn't seem to affect my control feel. That removable port door is easy to remove and put back and does not feel cheap. Overall build quality seems better than my Made in Japan X-T1.

According to Jerry, the black version is outselling the silver 2:1. The silver actually looks very good, while the shade is a bit different from the "graphite" colour, I like the fact that unlike the X-T2 graphite, the LCD area is kept standard black. Differences are settled between the X-T2 and X-T3. I mistakenly picked up an X-T2 once while playing around with different X-T3 and grips. Autofocus is improved and that new sports 30fps mode is crazy. Because there's no blackout, I didn't even notice how many shots it was taking. It went by so quick. Is there such a thing as too fast?

I'm not a video guy, so I didn't even play with any of the video features.

What's not fast? The touch auto-focus. It's quite laggy and it's not something I see myself using. That's about the only negative I can see after playing with this for an hour. And if you want IBIS, wait for the X-H2.

The XF 8-16 f/2.8 WR. Wow. It's not as big and heavy as I thought, and at the wide 8mm side, there's hardly any barrow distortion. If it were not $2599, I'd would buy it on the spot.

Also side note, they are doing $150 off X-T3 + grip combo. No X-T1 deal where they just gave it to us for free.

Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
Btw, they had an XF200 f/2 as well. Doesn’t look that big in real life. I dare not touch it because the $7800 price tag is completely out of my range. Too scared to find out if it’s any good. LOL
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3464 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 4:37 pm

The XF 8-16 f/2.8 WR. Wow. It's not as big and heavy as I thought, and at the wide 8mm side, there's hardly any barrow distortion. If it were not $2599, I'd would buy it on the spot.
Wow I did not expect it to be that expensive! I guess the 10-24 is the most reasonable wide zoom for me...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1045 posts
52 upvotes
Thanks for the thoughts on the XT3 Jonavin.

Did you get to try out eye af? If so, what was your opinion?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
ggweci wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:35 pm

I didn’t really try out eye af. General af seems faster on the 18-55. It didn’t seem to be much different on the 56mm f/1.2, although it’s been over a year since I’ve used that lens so my impression might not be accurate.
Aug 1, 2010
915 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
I also tried out the X-T3 with the 200mm, I don't think I used it correctly though
Images
  • 1369754134658277912.jpg
Aug 1, 2010
915 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
ggweci wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:35 pm

Eye AF is a lot better but still not as good as Sony.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3464 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
aerok wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 9:56 am
I also tried out the X-T3 with the 200mm, I don't think I used it correctly though
How well did the eye autofocus work? :D
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Aug 1, 2010
915 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
M1GOmigs wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 10:29 am
How well did the eye autofocus work? :D
The subject was too dark Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
I should've brought my 35/1.4 to test because I saw a YouTuber say that he found this lens had a lot less hunting on the X-T3. In low-light, this is so bad on my X-T1 that I often I just manual focus.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7736 posts
1060 upvotes
Montreal
Who pre-ordered the X-T3 and from where?

Was inquirying with Henry's and The Camera Store to see if I pre-ordered today what my chances of getting it shipped out to me on release day...

Both locations confirmed that they have more pre-orders than estimated shipments of the X-T3...

The Camera Store told me they will get a big shipment and then afterwards they will get a couple in at a time and he said there's no guarantee how long it will take when people in the que would get theirs after the first batch but depending where you are it could be weeks...

Henry's wouldn't say how long it would take after the first batch...

Called Vistek and they said I should be good for Release Day... I asked him if he was sure and he said yes...

Hopefully he wasn't saying this to make the sale...

The Battery Grip has a discount of $150.00 off when you buy both the X-T3 and the Battery Grip on the same order until November 1.

No Batteries come with the Battery Grip like it did with the X-H1
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 6:24 pm
Who pre-ordered the X-T3 and from where?

Was inquirying with Henry's and The Camera Store to see if I pre-ordered today what my chances of getting it shipped out to me on release day...

Both locations confirmed that they have more pre-orders than estimated shipments of the X-T3...

The Camera Store told me they will get a big shipment and then afterwards they will get a couple in at a time and he said there's no guarantee how long it will take when people in the que would get theirs after the first batch but depending where you are it could be weeks...

Henry's wouldn't say how long it would take after the first batch...

Called Vistek and they said I should be good for Release Day... I asked him if he was sure and he said yes...

Hopefully he wasn't saying this to make the sale...

The Battery Grip has a discount of $150.00 off when you buy both the X-T3 and the Battery Grip on the same order until November 1.

No Batteries come with the Battery Grip like it did with the X-H1
I always go to Aden for my camera gear.

As far as stock is concerned, Fujifilm is making a lot more of them available at launch than with previous models. That’s one of the reasons they switched production to China. They couldn’t make them fast enough. However, the X-T3 is getting a lot of positive buzz, especially with Canon and Nikon’s weak efforts.

Now, time to think about what to use for RAW processing. Anyone using CaptureOne instead of Lightroom?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1045 posts
52 upvotes
aerok wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 9:57 am
Eye AF is a lot better but still not as good as Sony.
Thanks.

When you say not as good as Sony, are you speaking in terms of speed or accuracy, or both?

Also, are you talking mark3 Sony's, or the earlier mark2 versions?
Aug 1, 2010
915 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
ericdraven wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 6:25 pm
Lozeau?
Yup there was a Fuji presentation last Thursday