Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1016 posts
310 upvotes
chiggyv wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 9:45 pm
Looking to move up from my recently purchased X-T20 (body for sale at a reasonable price).

Can't decide between the XPRO2 and X-T2 - my head says X-T2 but my heart says XPRO.

Like the viewfinder and grip better on the T2, but hate the EVF blackout. XPRO design makes me want to grab it and go shoot, grip is slightly lacking but a thumb grip will fix that. I have bad eyes and the EVF/OVF is slightly hard to see (same issue as X-T20).

Anyone been through this and can offer input?
If you don't like the EVF blackout and had trouble to see it in the X-T20's EVF, why not choose the X-T3? No more blackout and it has the biggest EVF of all the models. It is even cheaper than the X-Pro2.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3464 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
Question: Do you guys use the custom jpg settings (ie sharpness, highlights, shadows, etc) in-camera or do you just edit those in post if needed?

I've never actually delved into changing those and I feel like I'm missing out with all the custom profiles available. Thoughts?

Found this online too and it makes me want to mess with it more...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
chiggyv wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 9:45 pm
Looking to move up from my recently purchased X-T20 (body for sale at a reasonable price).

Can't decide between the XPRO2 and X-T2 - my head says X-T2 but my heart says XPRO.

Like the viewfinder and grip better on the T2, but hate the EVF blackout. XPRO design makes me want to grab it and go shoot, grip is slightly lacking but a thumb grip will fix that. I have bad eyes and the EVF/OVF is slightly hard to see (same issue as X-T20).

Anyone been through this and can offer input?
The blackout really isn’t that bad and the egg is much better than the other cameras. If you want no blackouts, there’s always the X-T3. Unless you prefer the rangefinder style, I’d say X-T2.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1016 posts
310 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Sep 28th, 2018 9:54 am
Question: Do you guys use the custom jpg settings (ie sharpness, highlights, shadows, etc) in-camera or do you just edit those in post if needed?

I've never actually delved into changing those and I feel like I'm missing out with all the custom profiles available. Thoughts?

Found this online too and it makes me want to mess with it more...
To be honest, I never touched those settings since I got my 1st Fuji camera, except for one. I always put the noise reduction to -2. When it's set at 0, at base iso or up to 1600 it is fine, but anything above that, the noise reduction is so strong, faces look like plastic.
I usually edit the jpeg or raw in post.
Nov 23, 2013
41 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Not showing stock but you might be able to backorder the XT-2 on Amazon.ca for $1,173.99 which I think is a great price. (I pad 2200ish for the kit less than a year ago)
Apr 19, 2017
95 posts
10 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 11:02 pm
If you don't like the EVF blackout and had trouble to see it in the X-T20's EVF, why not choose the X-T3? No more blackout and it has the biggest EVF of all the models. It is even cheaper than the X-Pro2.
Jonavin wrote:
Sep 28th, 2018 11:05 am
The blackout really isn’t that bad and the egg is much better than the other cameras. If you want no blackouts, there’s always the X-T3. Unless you prefer the rangefinder style, I’d say X-T2.
Thanks for the input! Leaning toward the XT2 due to recent prices. Shopping the used market so XT3 is a little out of my price range.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18433 posts
291 upvotes
YVR
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 6:43 am
Is it possible to charge and transfer data at the same time on the X-T3?

Is it possible to use Bluetooth to remotely trigger the shutter on the X-T3?
Anyone here own a X-T3?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8201 posts
838 upvotes
ericdraven wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 11:45 pm
Amazon Canada] Fujifilm X-T2 Body $1173.99 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon- ... 9-2228399/
Very tempted. Been using my xe1 happily (mostly) for the past few years but wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Wondering if now is a good time to jump or if it'll go lower... Or buy used but this new pricing is very competitive.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1016 posts
310 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:23 am
Very tempted. Been using my xe1 happily (mostly) for the past few years but wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Wondering if now is a good time to jump or if it'll go lower... Or buy used but this new pricing is very competitive.
It will depends on your luck. Last time X-T2 came out, the X-T1 was selling for around that price and kept dropping a little by little. In the end, with reasonable stock, it was selling for $700-800 and for a very limited stock and stores, it sold as little as $500-600.

Story short, it might get cheaper by a little and if it get really cheap, your chance of getting one will be thin.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7736 posts
1060 upvotes
Montreal
Gin Martini wrote:
Sep 28th, 2018 2:37 pm
To be honest, I never touched those settings since I got my 1st Fuji camera, except for one. I always put the noise reduction to -2. When it's set at 0, at base iso or up to 1600 it is fine, but anything above that, the noise reduction is so strong, faces look like plastic.
I usually edit the jpeg or raw in post.
I set the NR to -4 on the X-T2

I set the NR to 0 on the X-T3 and yeah the issue with Waxy Skin still exists so back it goes to -4
Sep 2, 2016
234 posts
110 upvotes
Any recommendations for mirrorless cameras that someone who is just getting started should consider purchasing? Pictures will mainly be taken of family, vacations, etc.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3464 posts
772 upvotes
Toronto
Dmbpjfan wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 9:58 am
Any recommendations for mirrorless cameras that someone who is just getting started should consider purchasing? Pictures will mainly be taken of family, vacations, etc.
What's your budget, and are you looking new or used?

My first Fuji X-series Interchangeable Lens Camera was the now-discontinued X-A1 and it was awesome. But you can grab a used X-T1, X-T10, X-E2 body for probably around $350-$500, add a lens and you've got a great system to start with.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3451 posts
456 upvotes
Markham
Firmware update 1.02 for X-T3 is out
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:

1. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, the buttons cannot be used while using histogram display or sports finder.
2. The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, RAW image cannot be recorded normally under a certain conditions (Sports finder mode, continuous shooting with electronic shutter and so on)
3. Fix of slight defects.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.