• Dec 14th, 2018 11:56 am
Tags:
None
Nov 12, 2005
242 posts
16 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 6:59 pm
It will depends on your luck. Last time X-T2 came out, the X-T1 was selling for around that price and kept dropping a little by little. In the end, with reasonable stock, it was selling for $700-800 and for a very limited stock and stores, it sold as little as $500-600.

Story short, it might get cheaper by a little and if it get really cheap, your chance of getting one will be thin.
Would black Friday have any deals on X-T2? At this time I am thinking of going used - but if I can snag a new one for around 1200 all in, I think that is worth it.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3458 posts
465 upvotes
Markham
unce wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:23 pm
Would black Friday have any deals on X-T2? At this time I am thinking of going used - but if I can snag a new one for around 1200 all in, I think that is worth it.
Keep in mind that back then the CAD was worth a lot more. So there is a limit to how low it'll go. I am doubtful that it will reach those bargain levels. The best I think this year you will see the X-T2 go for is about $900. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but Fuji prices have been going up, not down. I have many Fuji lenses purchased back then that now costs more used then what I paid.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Apr 13, 2017
251 posts
42 upvotes
Remember xt2 does not have auto. Cant just give the camera to a family member / bystander and ask them to shoot. Xt20 does have auto.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1026 posts
315 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 7:49 am
Remember xt2 does not have auto. Cant just give the camera to a family member / bystander and ask them to shoot. Xt20 does have auto.
It does. Any Fujifilm cameras have auto mode. It's just made simpler to understand. Instead of using the green camera icon, A, S, P or M, The X-T2 has an “A” on the ISO and shutter speed dials and same for the aperture ring on the lens. If you put the shutter speed's dial on A, which means the camera control automatically the shutter speed, and you control manually the rest, you have aperture priority mode. If you put all 3 on A, it becomes fully automatic.
Apr 13, 2017
251 posts
42 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 8:59 am
It does. Any Fujifilm cameras have auto mode. It's just made simpler to understand. Instead of using the green camera icon, A, S, P or M, The X-T2 has an “A” on the ISO and shutter speed dials and same for the aperture ring on the lens. If you put the shutter speed's dial on A, which means the camera control automatically the shutter speed, and you control manually the rest, you have aperture priority mode. If you put all 3 on A, it becomes fully automatic.
Good info. Didnt know. Still few clicks to go to auto mode.
Nov 23, 2013
41 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Anyone spotted any Fuji deals? Seems like the prices are the same everywhere. Was looking at the 50-140 @ 1699. Ebates has 10% cash back at Dell so I may go that route. Picked up the 16mm 1.4 via the same deal last Boxing Day I believe.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7752 posts
1065 upvotes
Montreal
Fujifilm X-T3

Just wondering for people that had the X-T2 and Upgraded to the X-T3 and their opinions of the Image Quality with RAW Files...

My findings is the the Images have more noise on the X-T3...

Love the X-T3 - Upgraded from the X-T2

But is Anyone Else Noticing More Noise in their Images on their X-T3 Especially in Low Light Shooting?

Noise Level starts from 3200 ISO and up...

It seems that the noise is more amplified on the X-T3 than the X-T2.

I shoot in low light live dance performances which is not easy but it looks like the X-H1 handles low light much better than the X-T3.

Sometimes I wondering if it's me or the camera...

Though I've done a couple of shoots with the X-T3 with same results of high level of noise ever since I got the camera on release day and never got the high noise levels from the X-T2 and the X-H1 performs better in low light than the X-T3...

Depends on the acceptance of the level of noise from person to person I guess...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3476 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 11:57 am
Good info. Didnt know. Still few clicks to go to auto mode.
It's not a big deal... if anything, the issues I get are user error. The few times I've passed my old XT1 or XPro2 to someone who doesn't know how to use a camera, they still managed to screw up the shot, either by not knowing that you need to wait for the camera to autofocus, not knowing which button is the shutter button (one person kept trying to press the shutter speed dial lock button) or not being able to see the screen due to glare (use the viewfinder!), so those few dial clicks are moot when it comes to having to explain how to take a photo with a camera.

I know it sounds elitist but people nowadays are just not accustomed to taking photos with a camera
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Apr 13, 2017
251 posts
42 upvotes
Thanks. Dont see any good deals on xt20 with 18-55 lens. Xt20 with 15-45 lens is on sale for 1049. But 18-55 is much better, I think.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3476 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 10:28 pm
Is this a good deal ? 899 usd for xt20 with 50 mm prime. Or 18-55 lens is better ?

Going to ship to Chicago and there's no tax. Just the exchange rate of 1.33 cad.

https://www.focuscamera.com/fujifilm-x- ... black.html
The lenses are really more of preference and really depends what you need it for... the 18-55 is a great all-around zoom lens, and much better than many "kit" lenses out there. IMO the 50mm is a bit too long for landscape or even regular street photography or vacation photography, and you'll probably want to spend on at least one other prime like the 23mm, 27mm, 18mm or 16mm to at least get something wider as well.

Even if it uses the older sensor, the XT20 is still decent if you don't need weather resistance and are ok with the slightly smaller build (compared to XT1/XT2 or DSLR). Not sure when Fuji is releasing the XT30, which would probably influence the 20's price, but I'd go with the XT20 over the newer entry level XT100 which is probably a slight bit cheaper.

Apr 13, 2017
251 posts
42 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 12:34 pm
The lenses are really more of preference and really depends what you need it for... the 18-55 is a great all-around zoom lens, and much better than many "kit" lenses out there. IMO the 50mm is a bit too long for landscape or even regular street photography or vacation photography, and you'll probably want to spend on at least one other prime like the 23mm, 27mm, 18mm or 16mm to at least get something wider as well.

Even if it uses the older sensor, the XT20 is still decent if you don't need weather resistance and are ok with the slightly smaller build (compared to XT1/XT2 or DSLR). Not sure when Fuji is releasing the XT30, which would probably influence the 20's price, but I'd go with the XT20 over the newer entry level XT100 which is probably a slight bit cheaper.
Thanks. So, xt20 uses older sensor than xt2 ?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3476 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 6:05 am
Thanks. So, xt20 uses older sensor than xt2 ?
Nope, the XT2 and XT20 sport the same sensor, which is still pretty damn good... In fact, even the older sensor on the XT1 and XT10 is still very good, just not as much resolution.

XT3 has the newest sensor, and I'm guessing if Fuji launches the XT30, then it will be the same sensor as XT3. But there are no rumours on that yet

Here's a link to the history of the Fuji XTrans sensor, including which cameras have which sensor.

Apr 13, 2017
251 posts
42 upvotes
I just bought xt2 body only from Amazon for 785 usd.
Which lens to buy for portrait and some street photography?
Apr 19, 2017
95 posts
10 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:46 am
I just bought xt2 body only from Amazon for 785 usd.
Which lens to buy for portrait and some street photography?
If you're sticking to one lens for now I'd say the 35 f2 is your best bet.

You'll see a lot of suggestions for the 23 f2 but I found it to be too soft up close, and overall IQ was meh.