Group Deal Discussion

[National] Fun Time Travel Shop Scam?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2012 2:47 pm
Nov 4, 2012
2 posts

Fun Time Travel Shop Scam?

I found a couple of deals by Fun Time Travel Shop. Is this deal a scam? ... ation=6534

Terms for the deal here: ... ithairfare

The process for redemption is to send an email to them after I purchased the coupon and they would send me a voucher.

Although they don't say it up front I think what I would end up paying would be this:
$88 (Coupon - what I thought I was paying)
$65 (Processing fee - ok this is in the terms)
$280 (Estimated Tax - this amount is not disclosed anywhere... it just says "taxes" in the terms)
$433 (Grand Total with Taxes)

$433 is probably less than what I would had paid without this deal but it's surely isn't the original $88.

I found these reviews but I'm not sure if it's talking about the same company: ... eview/list
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2057 posts
Everything about them looks super shady!!
Dec 26, 2005
453 posts
I'm not sure if it's a scam or not, i've seen these deals a lot lately, from this company.
I did notice in a lot of them, that the base amount only covers up to a certain amount of airfare and hotel expenses,resort fee's, taxes.. so i think no matter what, you're gonna get screwed in the end, by paying way more than originally quoted. Personally, i think they're legit, just not very honest, if that makes sense. I'd like more info as well, if anybody has bought any of these deals...
Sep 19, 2011
1 posts
I hope you haven't booked this yet. This is a scam!!!
I saw the deal on some site. I checked & came across your post. I keep checking. Using the travel agent name & phone number, and eventually found out the same person has several website. is using the same phone number. And i found many many complaints for web deals with the site.
Then I came across this:
http://www.vacationincentivesunlimited. ... enter.html
The company that posted this is a agency that host at home travel agency. ( they provide search engine, and deals for people who want to work from home as a travel agent).
He used them to host his website so it looks like a real deal. So this company has rejected his subscription because of fraud reports. now he signed up with another online provider (KHM travel group).

I will send this to the deal site that i saws the deal on. If any of you want to pass on the info. Feel free.
× < >