Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1332 upvotes
jedi99 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 9:41 am
Hi: "Fusion has a timing chain...not a timing belt that needs to be replaced as with the TL ( and a timing belt / water pump, seals, tensioners, pulleys etc. service can be rather pricey ") Yes I'm aware of these added costs with the TL,However I recently did more "net surfing" and found out the Ford 6F35 transmission issues are not so small and that combined with over the last few days calling the service departments at 2 Ford dealers and being told not aware of this problem,1 of these are the same dealers that never provided me a main. sched. cost by email so now I'm leery of the Fusion but still looking at the whole pic. Thanks for the help
And what are the Ford 6F35 transmission ' issues ' exactly ?

In any event, it seems like you've already made up your mind - you seem to be looking for every reason to get a TL.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1332 upvotes
redac wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 10:49 am
I have a relative with a 2010 Fusion and it's been very reliable. As others have mentioned, they are very different cars. The TL is a lot nicer....
+1

The Fusion competes against the likes of the Accord, Camry, Sonata, Altima etc. - not the segment the TL competes in..

So, it's an ' apples to oranges ' comparison in many ways.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
1822 posts
372 upvotes
Markham
djemzine wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 9:14 am
I guess question is, if OP wants to sell down the road, which one has a better resale value? PS as a current Ford owner as well, I've noticed the depreciation is quiet high. That's just my observation by the way.
that's the great thing about Edmund's TCO (total cost of ownership) values
it takes into account depreciation, repairs, insurance, gas, etc

the 2 vehicles are more or less the same, both around 48k over 5 yrs
you can adjust the fuel and insurance costs in the TCO to look more like your own as above is based on Buffalo

TL should realistically cost more if comparing similar yrs but basically the OP has made them the same by comparing vs a used TL vs new or almost new Fusion
you'll prob get a better overall vehicle with a TL altho it wont have some of the latest fancy features (like push start) as its from 2008.

my 08 TL-S actually has a tape deck ><
Jun 15, 2011
39211 posts
5764 upvotes
King City
Cerenity wrote:
Oct 5th, 2012 11:15 am
that's the great thing about Edmund's TCO (total cost of ownership) values
it takes into account depreciation, repairs, insurance, gas, etc

the 2 vehicles are more or less the same, both around 48k over 5 yrs
you can adjust the fuel and insurance costs in the TCO to look more like your own as above is based on Buffalo

TL should realistically cost more if comparing similar yrs but basically the OP has made them the same by comparing vs a used TL vs new or almost new Fusion
you'll prob get a better overall vehicle with a TL altho it wont have some of the latest fancy features (like push start) as its from 2008.

my 08 TL-S actually has a tape deck ><
Hmm. I'll take a look at Edmund's TCO and keep it for future reference. To be honest, I don't think push start is a fancy feature or a necessity. Its nice to have it for sure but I am sure there are pros and cons to everything heh.

You're telling me heh. My 06 G35X has a tape deck too heh.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
971 posts
207 upvotes
only fusion id consider is the new gen coming out.

TL is great but not so great on gas. Given the unique look and the fact that the newer gen of TLs are ugly...it will stand out more and will depreciate a lot less.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2012
67 posts
London
Just a couple of links about the problems I'm talking about go to most Ford forums and it is easy to find out about and when a dealer is lying about not being aware is unnerving IMO!!! I'm well aware of Acura/Honda trans issues too as a friend had a ’05 Accord V-6 that at 120,000kms was showing a possible trans problem so not made my mind up yet at all.

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.ph ... st-driven/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... icjkGGiV5k