None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5756 posts
187 upvotes
GTA

Future Shop Appliance Warranty??

Anyone who has bought appliances from FS, did you also buy the extended warranty from them??? If so, have you had any experience in submitting a warranty claim. I have some experience with Tasco's extended warranty with absolutely no issues other than you might have to wait a few days or so for the part to come in, but other than that, no real issues.

Let's hear your experiences!!!!

sk
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1507 posts
33 upvotes
I had a Rear Projection TV with an extended warrenty. Appliances should have a similar claim process.

You just call them up at the 1-800 number on your warrenty Slip. They ask what the issue is and contact a local repair shop that is not related to FS. They will let you know the name of the shop and provide a phone number.

That repair shop phones you and set up a day and time to do the repair.

That being said, extended warrenties are almost always a waste of money. And i'm just thankful that my TV broke. Its the only time I have ever bought an extended warrenty and it almost paid for itself. I'm hopeing it dies once more.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2007
1445 posts
tlamm wrote:
May 2nd, 2008 6:13 pm
I had a Rear Projection TV with an extended warrenty. Appliances should have a similar claim process.

You just call them up at the 1-800 number on your warrenty Slip. They ask what the issue is and contact a local repair shop that is not related to FS. They will let you know the name of the shop and provide a phone number.

That repair shop phones you and set up a day and time to do the repair.

That being said, extended warrenties are almost always a waste of money. And i'm just thankful that my TV broke. Its the only time I have ever bought an extended warrenty and it almost paid for itself. I'm hopeing it dies once more.
You might as well buy 6/49 tickets - extended warranties are just another form of bad wager.
yao416 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2008 3:29 pm
Dont want to ruin our neighborship, but if I have to, I will! :evil:
gmark2000 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2008 6:24 am
Are you inventing words to compensate for your limited vocabulary and grammar?
robertalan wrote:
Jul 19th, 2008 7:32 am
"Neighborship" (or "neighbourship") is a real word, it's in my Oxford dictionary, and also online at Dictionary.com - so someone is indeed compensating for their limited vocabulary, but it ain't yao416!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1507 posts
33 upvotes
robertalan wrote:
May 2nd, 2008 6:55 pm
You might as well buy 6/49 tickets - extended warranties are just another form of bad wager.
I think I pretty much said that.. Only reason I bought one at the time was consumer reports. They stated the only times you should buy one was for Rear projection TVS and Camcorders.

I'm just thankful my TV actually broke so I could get some of my money back.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10787 posts
1330 upvotes
Edmonton
Asides for the missed repair appointments, parts that took 6 weeks to arrive, slow repairs and rude 1800 service staff, I'd say they are great...

Getting our fridge fixed was that bad. I hope the range we have lasts...

At least we didn't have to pay for the repairs. I was almost tempted to do so after being without a fridge for 2 months...