Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Future Shop Boxing Day Sale is Live Online!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2013 9:52 pm
Tags:
Dec 18, 2007
182 posts
13 upvotes
Levis
Anyone went in store for a Logitech G13? Was there a lot of stock left? I would have bought it online on the 24th, but I only started searching for a couch PC gaming solution today and now it's sold out.
Aug 12, 2010
163 posts
33 upvotes
NCR - RCN
JS2K6 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:35 am
My two free credit cards aren't gold/platinum, and they have the extended warranty too... just depends really.

If you have a world mastercard or infinite visa, you may also have these:

This is taken from My Aspire World MasterCard details: (gotta love price protection!)

Everyday Benefits Price Protection
When you use your Capital One credit card to buy a new item in Canada that is advertised for sale at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, Price Protection refunds the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.

Extended Warranty
When you use your Capital One credit card to purchase most personal items (and the full cost of the item is charged to your card), Extended Warranty coverage automatically doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to two years.

Purchase Assurance
Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card.
Feb 11, 2012
114 posts
26 upvotes
London
Bought a headphone online around 8pm est Dec 24th. Delivered today.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2005
1790 posts
34 upvotes
Purchased AC3 & GPS on the 24th around 8:30PM EST as well and it arrived today.

Not too shabby
May 8, 2008
104 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid best buy and future shop...I've been living in our area (new) for almost 2.5 years and their ONLINE systems still do not recognize our postal code. I can shop anywhere including Staples, Canada Computers, Walmart and many other retailers online.

Friggn pathetic. When I initially complained, Future Shop/Best Buy had the nerve to tell me and argue that my postal code did not exist. They said that my postal code was invalid and fake. I had to send them a screenshot of a postal code search, from Canada Post's website, to prove that my postal code was real.

They still have not fixed the issue.

Unbelievable.
Dec 6, 2009
143 posts
31 upvotes
imacheepjew wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:57 pm
Stupid best buy and future shop...I've been living in our area (new) for almost 2.5 years and their ONLINE systems still do not recognize our postal code. I can shop anywhere including Staples, Canada Computers, Walmart and many other retailers online.

Friggn pathetic. When I initially complained, Future Shop/Best Buy had the nerve to tell me and argue that my postal code did not exist. They said that my postal code was invalid and fake. I had to send them a screenshot of a postal code search, from Canada Post's website, to prove that my postal code was real.

Unbelievable.
If you live outside the former City of Toronto, but are within the borders of the former Metro Toronto, try using the name of your former municipality (North York, East York, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough) instead of "Toronto" as the city in your profile I have found that some retailer websites insist on using the old municipality name to comply with their order fulfillment systems.

Why Canada Post (and the Province of Ontario for driver's licenses, health cards, etc.) still insist on pairing the old municipality names to postal codes (instead of Toronto) is beyond me. > :( Since 1998, like it or not, those in the abovenamed former municipalities live in Toronto. :razz:

If I'm ever caught speeding in Alabama, hope I remember that my driver's license says "North York" instead of Toronto when Trooper Hick confirms my information otherwise I might be in for more hasslin'. :confused:
May 27, 2012
195 posts
1 upvote
lol i went to the actual store to pick up a seinheisser headphone and when i went there it was out of stock. Came back home and saw it was avaliable online... So bought it at 7am on boxing day. Thought it would arrive soon but not yet
May 27, 2012
195 posts
1 upvote
when you guys made a purchase, did it show up on your account order? Because some reason i got an e-mail and order number but when i log in to my futureshop account it shows nothing on my order list. Should i be concern?

I made my order on dec 26th 7am roughly.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
imacheepjew wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:57 pm

Unbelievable.
Same thing happens to me when I try to order on Sears.ca. I wanted that Casio Protrek pretty bad, but nope, their dumb checkout system doesn't read my postal code correctly.

Completely disables my ability to order from them. I just quit trying.

F--- Sears.
Apr 4, 2006
393 posts
13 upvotes
Odrered the D600 on the 26th and still in process, doesn't look like I will get it before the new year. Should have bought from Henry instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
3582 posts
1541 upvotes
Kitchener
Samsung side by side fridge - $999 "Online Only", sold out in Ontario. Just stopped by my local Future Shop, and they are sold out as well, but taking orders. Ordered one for early April delivery! Can't beat $1000 for a fridge like that with a built in ice maker/water dispenser.

Dec 18, 2007
182 posts
13 upvotes
Levis
Camarade Krimpov wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 8:29 am
Anyone went in store for a Logitech G13? Was there a lot of stock left? I would have bought it online on the 24th, but I only started searching for a couch PC gaming solution today and now it's sold out.
Nevermind, answered my own question this afternoon. There were 5 left in Quebec (Laurier), hidden behind a stack of boxes, no boxing week sale banner indicating that it's 50% off. For $40, it's a nifty little gadget. Perfect for couch PC gaming.
Jul 8, 2012
623 posts
45 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Picked up The Crow BR + DVD + DC for $9.99. Can't believe there are 3 packaging of this movie, my version, BR + DVD ($9.99), and just BR (which was $14.99)
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
XMEGA wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:27 pm
this tv has issues with flickering and blacking out for 2secs while gaming. Also this has been $120 on kijiji in my area a lot of times but I didn't get it because scared of issue. big buckly with speakers a plus but 3d really worth it with glasses etc. temping deal but they want to get rid of this old garbage.
turfarea wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:36 pm
2 deals stick out for me. 24" Playstation 3D display for $99.99. Even if you dont use this as a playstation display and use it as a computer monitor, for $99.99 to get a 240hrz LED monitor, not bad. Page 9. Also Page 17, ITunes gift cards, $39.00 for $50.00. Its free money there.
That's 22% off the gift cards' price.
XMEGA wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:51 pm
on kijiji you can hassle someone down price. brand new can have the problem as well as its common problem among them. 3D TV for 100 bucks seems good deal almost steal but in reality its 2 years old too and branded ps3.
XMEGA wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:57 pm
decent yes $100 bucks would be sweet spot.
madhat42 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 6:45 pm
I would just like to add my 2 cents regarding the playstation monitor. I purchased one about a month ago when they were 149 to use as a monitor and after using it for a few days, I took it back. I'm sure for console games it is fine, however as a pc monitor it is quite terrible. There is a *ton* of ghosting and lag when playing faster fps or action type games and such. Also, do not be fooled by the 240hz tag. It's locked to 60hz as a monitor. Also, nvidia has removed any kind of 3d support with the 3.xx series of drivers which are required for any newer card (600 series and up) so that wont work either. You can watch 3d videos off of youtube and stuff but thats about it.

Obviously, feel free to try it out, but it's just a heads up based on my experience with it.
For all of you some info about the PS3 3D Display.
  • It's NOT a TV. It's a display/monitor.
  • The 240Hz is to facilitate multiple viewers watching in 3D mode. The screen updates at 240Hz but it does not accept a 240Hz signal.
  • This monitor has another use besides 3D, it can display two player simultaneous independant "wholescreen" gaming from a single console. It does this using both HDMI ports. The glasses both players wear will polarize in alternating moments so each player will only see their own play screen at 120Hz.
  • I heard there is interpolation used in this display but I could be mistaken or mixing up the applicable word.
$100 is a great price if it wasn't being discontinued/abandonned. I've seen it for $250 all year so IMO it was due to be less than $250 months ago. However if it truly is being discontinued then $100 is expected clearance price; you should only be buying this if it's truly useful to you for the intended purpose. Not because it's a cheap fast PC monitor and don't confuse it for a TV.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
× < >