Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Future Shop Boxing Day Sale is Live Online!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2013 9:52 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
4876 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
WD 1TB external drive received today.
Oct 27, 2012
200 posts
34 upvotes
GTA
Online ordered a WD 2TB MyPassport drive on Saturday, it was shipped yesterday and I received it today at noon in the mailbox, which is probably the fastest I've ever received an online order, considering that yesterday was a Sunday.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1758 posts
452 upvotes
Mississauga
site is down; same as futureshop
Apr 4, 2006
393 posts
13 upvotes
Dear Futureshop,

Where is my Nikon camera?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2004
1180 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
imacheepjew wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:57 pm
Stupid best buy and future shop...I've been living in our area (new) for almost 2.5 years and their ONLINE systems still do not recognize our postal code. I can shop anywhere including Staples, Canada Computers, Walmart and many other retailers online.

Friggn pathetic. When I initially complained, Future Shop/Best Buy had the nerve to tell me and argue that my postal code did not exist. They said that my postal code was invalid and fake. I had to send them a screenshot of a postal code search, from Canada Post's website, to prove that my postal code was real.

They still have not fixed the issue.

Unbelievable.
yep. I'm writing a letter by hand and mailing it to several people - Figure I'll look up names, titles etc. Im so annoyed at the whole purchasing system of FS. I have several issues with them. I *had* to buy through them as the product is only offered in Canada through them. What a bunch of Bozos - they are truly a circus.
I also had one item take 7days to come across the GTA where my Amazon UK delivery arrived before and ordered the same day as FS!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Frank311 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 8:07 pm
No good deals, but thanks for posting RFD. It's cool to have a site like this that can offer previews for sales. Now I know I can spend time with family and not fight crowds at the big stores.
:arrowu: Here you go lol :arrowd:
mightylobo wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 9:55 pm
adamtheman wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 12:24 pm
We went to Walmart this morning about 15 min after it opened and it was pure chaos. Gain Laundry Detergent and Downy Fabric Softener were both on sale... each 4.4L. The gain was $9.99 and the downy $6.99. Apparently this set off a frenzy. We knew something was up when we pulled up and saw people with shopping carts (some with two or three carts) filled to the top with green gain bins. So we went in and walked in and saw an old lady walking out who told us "There's nothing left it's all gone, *they* took it all (we presumed she was making a racist comment by the way she said *they*). Then before even getting in the front doors, we saw a near fight at the front as some family had parked their carts in front and blocked the whole entrance and two guys said to them "Nice parking job with your cart idiot" and then rammed their cart really hard. I think they were leaving walmart having missed all the gain detergent and were ticked off because some people had 40 or 50 bins in their carts.

Anyways, as we were walking down the aisle, there were empty downy and gain cardboard bins thrown all over the aisles. People had buggies full of gain inside too and were guarding them with clenched hands. As we walked down, we heard a guy ask one of the walmart staff if there was anymore gain... and she said "They are just bringing out another pallet now" and pointed to the back. The guy ran off as fast as he could down there, shoving people out of the way, so we decided to follow him. We got to the back and it was pure chaos. There was a pallet being stripped right at the loading doors (like the Costco milk youtube video a while ago). So of course I had to join in and shoved my way to the front and grabbed 4 containers. Once I got position at the front no one was moving me, and I passed off 4 containers to my gf. I ended up getting my hand cut on something, I think the cardboard bins or pallets. Either that or some disgruntled shopper shanked me :lol: .

Hilarious.
Calmuser wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 12:27 pm
where's the video?

I keep see walmart chaos on BF on YT but none for BD!
Is it this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTh5ciW0PJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTh5ciW0PJA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 9:30 pm
The only good deal for me is the $50 itunes cards for $39. Gonna have my friend priced matched 5 cards at her wally world store for $35.10 each! This should last me a year.
What are you doing with so much in gift cards? and what do you spend all year doing with them?
ciuvak wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 9:30 am
Got a confirmation email this morning. The order status page online is still unavailable, but at least I know my order went through.
I never thought I'm gonna buy a stroller at FS...what's next? Buying milk at Staples?
bundash wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 10:25 pm
Im actually kind of excited that this year I will finally be spending the day at home instead of navigating through the crowds at the stores.
On another sidenote, I had no idea Future shop sold Whey Protein lol
You think that's bad, I just found out they sell beauty products. I was searching for tech and some exfoliation product pulled up. There's an entire beauty section, who goes to "Future Shop" for beauty?!?
cloud9x wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:35 pm
whats the word on that 32 gb lexar microsd card? sufficient for running apps off of on a galaxy s3? i've heard class 10 means slower random r/w..
https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_digital#Speeds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_dig ... ass_Rating
immortal_kssss wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 2:52 am
...I'm so tempted to buy a new tv but my wife keep nagging that we don't need a new tv (I HATE my 5 year old 42inch Samsung tv which still working perfectly)...
townie22 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 8:32 am
i grabbed a Kaspersky for $9.99 and an Insignia 29" tv for the bedroom, strange though, got a confirmation email for the Kaspersky, but not for the tv (ordered last night).
netbounty wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 2:52 am
Any thoughts on the insignia 32 inch tv at 199?
I said it months ago I'll say it again. All of you looking for good quality low cost tvs I highly recommend the Irico E320BV-FHD. It's a rebranded Sceptre same model#. I bought mine from CC in July for $260 before the Enviro Handling Fee kicked in. The fee really dampens the deal but it's still a much better price than anything in it's price range locally.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/advanced ... co&x=0&y=0
Canadacomputers site specs are not acurate. The real specs are here http://www.irico.ca/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=51
Highlights: IPS panel, 400 cd/m², native 1080p, LED, 32", USB, 4000:1 native contrast I believe (don't confuse native with dynamic contrast values they're not the same thing). I can't believe the OP missed this from his list for CC. They've carried this model for a while now. In July regular price was $280.
astigdealz wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 3:36 pm
You can't install apps on GS3 you can only store pics and videos and stuff.
Zeitgeist7 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:29 pm
Do you mean you cannot install apps on the micro SD card while using a Galaxy S3? Or do you mean you cannot install any apps on the phone itself?
+1, I'd like to know what's going here too? GS3 doesn't let you install any apps?
Or GS3 doesn't let you install apps on it's internal storage but lets you install apps on external mem cards?
Or GS3 doesn't let you install apps anywhere using the GS3 itself but you can install apps on a mem card using a PC and insert mem card into GS3 to use app after?
Or GS3 must be connected to a PC so that PC can allow apps to be installed anywhere at all?
Have I thought of every situation?
cadave wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:16 pm
More like 10 years ago... actually I think dial-up loaded pages faster than this.
Hmmm, in dial-up days I don't think Future Shop was even in Montreal yet. Downtown it might have been the $2 Palace theatre still. I don't think Future Shop even had a website yet?
jmichou wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:41 pm
What about the 27" Acer Monitor for $199?? Isn't that a hot price?
Also, the new Epson projector 3020 for $1249.99? I haven't read any reviews on this yet.. Will buy it and if the reviews are back, it's going back to Bestbuy..
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:43 pm
Finally was able to check-out...
ME has a 27" VA BenQ panel for $199 which I think has a better panel.
I've been told that BenQ and Acer use the same panels or the same panel manufacturer but the BenQ are the higher quality version of the same or similar models as the Acer. Notice the feature sets of the Acers vs the BenQs
Sansul wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:05 pm
Personally, I wouldn't buy any of them. 480$ for an HP G series is outrageous, no matter the specs (which aren't anything to right home about). HP's G series are typically among the worst laptops in the market place when it comes to trackpads and overall quality. There must be some Ivy Bridge machines available around that price range that are among higher end lines from HP or competitors. All these machines also come with bilingual keyboards. It doesn't matter how good the specs for the price on a laptop if you don't enjoy using it. Dont feel pressured to buy on boxing day, Windows 8 hardware sales are abysmal so you can expect deals for a long time since PCs are not leaving shelves.
Didn't ComPaq originally have the G line? They were bought up by HP some years ago.

jbredflag wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 10:39 pm
2 losers lined up in lawn chairs at Hamilton Heritage green BB @ 10:30pm!
Lawn chairs? Really? Did winter take a vacation in your location? I'd have chosen something warmer to sit in. What time do/did stores open in your location? In Montreal, and I believe most of Quebec, nothing opens until 1pm except Gatineau which opens at 8am along with maybe Hull.
fatestkid wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 11:23 pm
So easy to judge. They are just more dedicated to get what they want.
LOL
KC108 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 12:57 am
3 people lining up outside FS Markham.
What time does/did your location open?
immortal_kssss wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 2:52 am
...I regret buying my first Acer Laptop 5 years which lasted 13 months ,and I don't hesitate about buying any HP products ,so it's all depend on your luck.
saffant wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 3:59 am
Somewhat. However in my experience and from what I've heard from friends, colleagues and relatives... HP is pretty much at the bottom when it comes to reliability. To each their own i suppose.
HP bought up ComPaq years ago. Acer, Gateway, e-Machines, Packard-Bell (the "P" in HP aka Hewlitt-Packard) merged into one company years ago too. Their market share is equal if not bigger than Dell. Notice the combination of logo styles. acer is now written in all lowercase like gateway was, the "e" from acer is exactly the same font as the e-Machines logo, obviously still using the Acer name, not sure if or what they adopted from Packard-Bell.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
The following flyers cannot be searched for and do not show up in the list of flyers. The stupid city/postal code filter on RFD is blocking access to ANY flyer that is not specifically tagged to match my postal code or city. Will the mods fix this please. It's preventing archived flyers from being viewed as well as non-local flyers for online stores. All the flyers are being effected in this manner. I couldn't even search for the liquidation or web only boxing day flyer for someone else to view. I was lucky that I already had the address saved.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7285/
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7088/
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7115/

I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
These I just wanted opinions/recommendations what is:
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
  • Better deal/quality than 800-Watt Cuisinart 5.5 Qt. Stand Mixer $279.99 Model: SM-55BCC futureshop web only boxing day flyer? 250-Watt Kitchenaid Mixer $100 in Futureshop liquidation flyer? Breville 550 Watt Steel Bench Mixer $199.99 Model: BREBEM800XL futureshop boxing day flyer?
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 8:36 am
I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
I've seen deals for at least one of each of those items on sale from the major computer/electronics retailers (with exception to the first one). and they had laptop coolers, but not the extreme "High airflow/powerful" overclocking ones.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
That's the problem, most places had none, some places had 1 on sale of only 1 thing from the entire list. I did order Thermaltake Massive23 LX and Cooler Master Notepal U2 since they each had $10MIR. I ordered a $16 one from monoprice too. But see that's all that was available, 3 from monoprice with 160mm-220mm fans, and the Notepal U2 & Thermaltake Massive23 were avail at both NCIX and ME. There wasn't much better or comparable options. I did see units with $10-$15 off at ME but they either had very small fans or specs seemed unlikely to have good airflow with very low RPMs. I have not seen ANY 200mm+ units with 1000+RPMs at all.

I saw no KVMs advertised, no cleaning liquid only advertised, except for the $80 Crucial M4 at futureshop most SSDs were higher priced than BF/CM sales. 1 bluetooth headset advertised that fits music needs. Gaming headsets (30Hz-14/18KHz) don't have a wide enough frequency range for music (at least 18Hz-22KHz and high quality is 10/15Hz-24KHz).

The mouse and keyboard? None. In past years there were at least options to consider, this year lack of everything not mainstream. Even mechanical gaming keyboards are more abundant EVERYWHERE than any of the items on my list. I don't believe there's a single person that can't find anything on my list useful to them either. So yeah sales are being neglected in favour of the numbskull simplification of only advertising items that are more versatile, from a seller's point of view, because more different kinds of users will buy without having specific questions or strict requirements.

You'll see more what I did find when I post in the discussion thread what my haul was. Most of the items I bought I wasn't even looking for, just thought I will need it eventually or want to test it at some point and now is cheaper than later.
My Heat 25-1-0

× < >