Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Future Shop Boxing Day Web Only Sneak Peek (RFD Exclusive)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2013 11:24 am
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2009
139 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
potterfan wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 3:04 pm
I work at a flyer distribution and both best buy and future shop deals (Dec 28~) sucked big time. They are as lame as the walmart and the staples. The samsung galaxy tab 7.0 is $199 which was already down to $149 in previous weeks. Don't know how that's a BD offer. I haven't seen the flyer for boxing day yet, looking for some good deals on laptops with dedicated graphics.
Dec28th? What are you talking about? Are you or are you not referrring to Boxing Day flyers?
Dec 20, 2012
5 posts
NORTH YORK
The sad reality is you need to shop for deals all year and not to expect anything really on boxing day especially from Bestbuy and Futureshop as we all know there the same company that saturated the market at least in Toronto. I believe the sad reality is people keep going to these stores on boxing day and buy just to buy and there not deals and help these stores inflate the profits and then they all sit and laugh because the got rid of there old stuff with still a decent markup.

Curse you society for letting them do this....... Curse you lmao!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2003
9266 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
first there was a teaser, now the first page, just release the full flyer now already sheesh
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3030 posts
460 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 3:38 pm
first there was a teaser, now the first page, just release the full flyer now already sheesh
yeah...whats with the staggered rollout?
Thinking about upgrading to the iPad air 2 from the air 1? You MIGHT want to reconsider. http://youtu.be/qjhC4S3vcD4
Dec 20, 2012
5 posts
NORTH YORK
The sad reality is you need to shop for deals all year and not to expect anything really on boxing day especially from Bestbuy and Futureshop as we all know there the same company that saturated the market at least in Toronto. I believe the sad reality is people keep going to these stores on boxing day and buy just to buy and there not deals and help these stores inflate the profits and then they all sit and laugh because the got rid of there old stuff with still a decent markup.

Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8219 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
randomkidx wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 3:39 pm
yeah...whats with the staggered rollout?
Keeps this thread growing...and motion creates emotion...once we get to a couple thousand posts everyone will think ***** 's almost free.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Dec 20, 2012
5 posts
NORTH YORK
The sad reality is you need to shop for deals all year and not to expect anything really on boxing day especially from Bestbuy and Futureshop as we all know there the same company that saturated the market at least in Toronto. I believe the sad reality is people keep going to these stores on boxing day and buy just to buy and there not deals and help these stores inflate the profit margins and then they all sit and laugh because they got rid of there old stuff with a decent markup.

Jun 23, 2011
134 posts
13 upvotes
gunit123 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 2:46 pm
horrible deals so far
Kind of like the last 3 years with Future Shop deals. I'm luck I live on a border to a Best Buy in the USA. Much better customer service and their regular prices are mostly better than the lame sale prices FS tries to trick people with.

Anyone able to recommend a solid PC monitor for gaming that's 24" or bigger.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Cas77 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 3:44 pm
Keeps this thread growing...and motion creates emotion...once we get to a couple thousand posts everyone will think ***** 's almost free.
if they wait too long, i'm not going back through 20pages, i just won't even come back in here...

i'll still see their flyer i'm sure, but i usually don't stick around very long for the discussion. as this is the internet, it tends to turn to crap pretty quickly, and by 10pages in it's usually just brand bashing and fanboyism happening.
Aug 12, 2012
500 posts
66 upvotes
Richmond Hill
By the time these sales start, I'll be well into a few bottles. These prices could be like women at the bar... they look bad right now, but they get hotter after each drink. Could be trouble if I decide to get on the computer.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Frank311 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 4:29 pm
By the time these sales start, I'll be well into a few bottles. These prices could be like women at the bar... they look bad right now, but they get hotter after each drink. Could be trouble if I decide to get on the computer.
haha

"but honey, it's 900 bux off! i'd be losing money if i didn't buy it"
Dec 18, 2011
433 posts
318 upvotes
Quebec, QC
So far boxing day is not impressive the staples ipad 4th was cheaper at walmart last week. The biggest issues is that stupid exagerated 42$ ecofee in quebec. Tv cost more much than last year regular price
Nov 27, 2004
590 posts
33 upvotes
To Advertise savings vs. MSRP is ridiculous...do they really fool that many people? Certainly NOT RFD'rs!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
2751 posts
233 upvotes
Anyone have the lil jamz; are they any good? Looking for a pair of earbuds with good bass.
× < >