• Dec 24th, 2005 8:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 22, 2005
60 posts
3 upvotes

Future Shop: Boxing Week Sale - price guarantee

Can anyone verify if products purchased in the previous 30 days can be lowest price guaranteed on the boxing day price - at Future Shop or Best Buy and the like.

If you can get the gurantee on boxing do do you have to go to the store on the day of the sale to get the sale price on previous purchases?

Or is there some kind of limitation in effect that voids the price guarantee on boxing day sale prices.

I don't want to line up at the curtesy desk to be disappointed at the end.

Thanks.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10225 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
smithbi wrote: If you can get the gurantee on boxing do do you have to go to the store on the day of the sale to get the sale price on previous purchases?
Yes, you have to get it fixed while the price is still on.
smithbi wrote: I don't want to line up at the curtesy desk to be disappointed at the end.
Don't worry. No chance of that happening. Customer service is closed on the 26th and 27th.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2005
60 posts
3 upvotes
I just spoke to FS regarding this issue - since nobody in the forum seemed to want to help.

They told me that because they don't handle returns on Boxing Day they won't do Price Matches or Guarantees on items in the boxing day sale. :mad:

The guy I spoke to told me that the only way to do it is to buy the item on Boxing Day and return the previously purchased item on another day (when they are taking returns). This means fighting for the item in the store or online and then going back to the store with your old reciept for a return.

To me this seems like a rip-off! can they really do that :?:
I have items that I purchased from FS with a price gurantee - which states that if you find a lower price at FS or elsewhere they will refund the difference. But its a lie - because apparently they won't do it for boxing day prices.

Does anyone out there have anything to say about this :?:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7357 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
Other than the fact it makes perfect sense?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40689 posts
2097 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Drew_W wrote:Other than the fact it makes perfect sense?
It makes sense to close Customer Service during rush like these, but it doesn't make sense to abuse their own policy, I have to say. They should allow price matching of boxing day prices AFTER it is reopened.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2230 posts
61 upvotes
smithbi wrote:I just spoke to FS regarding this issue - since nobody in the forum seemed to want to help.

They told me that because they don't handle returns on Boxing Day they won't do Price Matches or Guarantees on items in the boxing day sale. :mad:

The guy I spoke to told me that the only way to do it is to buy the item on Boxing Day and return the previously purchased item on another day (when they are taking returns). This means fighting for the item in the store or online and then going back to the store with your old reciept for a return.

To me this seems like a rip-off! can they really do that :?:
I have items that I purchased from FS with a price gurantee - which states that if you find a lower price at FS or elsewhere they will refund the difference. But its a lie - because apparently they won't do it for boxing day prices.

Does anyone out there have anything to say about this :?:
I do not know if they should deny it or not but I agree with them (as much as I don't want to) cuz I know people (myself included) would abuse the system. In that, I'd go this week spend $1000 go back on boxing day and get like half of it back.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2004
1133 posts
Calgary
shoot, I wanted to PM the Sony 27' FD WEGA CRT TV from visions to FS, is it possible to do this? Would I have to buy the TV at visions, and then price match it at FS (using the receipt) or will they not honor dead boxing day deals (on the Dec 28)?
Is the iPhone for you? Find out what's missing from the iPhone!
Jman wrote:
May 6th, 2007 7:12 pm
They'll keep doing these dirty tricks until we have consumer protection with teeth.
Heatware (2-0-0)
FS:EA NFL 06 for Xbox 360
a
Apr 7, 2004
279 posts
2 upvotes
bummer
in the early days of futureshop.ca I price matched some stereo equipment boxing day and put $50 in my pocket. I dont see how they can make boxing day the loophole to thier price match. Especially if they've done it before.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7357 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:It makes sense to close Customer Service during rush like these, but it doesn't make sense to abuse their own policy, I have to say. They should allow price matching of boxing day prices AFTER it is reopened.
Boxing day is a one day limited quantity sale. It completely defeats the point if people can get the same price up to 30 days before teh sale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7357 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
Coolme wrote:shoot, I wanted to PM the Sony 27' FD WEGA CRT TV from visions to FS, is it possible to do this? Would I have to buy the TV at visions, and then price match it at FS (using the receipt) or will they not honor dead boxing day deals (on the Dec 28)?
Limited quantity items are ALWAYS excluded, and they must be in stock and available at that price at the time of the pricematch - which it won't be.

The problem isn't that they are not honouring their polict, it is that they closed CS on boxing day so they could get out of boxing day PMs, most of which are not going to be falid because of limited quantity sales.

For once, try to be content in buying something without a PM.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2005
60 posts
3 upvotes
It's the failure to price guarantee that kisses me off. They say that they will guarantee the lowest price, but they don't really mean it. :mad:

I bought the Pioneer HD DVD player at the end of November for -$50, but on boxing day it's -$120 :!: They're hosing me for $70 :evil:

It's not like they're discounting every item in the store - it's only a few select things. That's why everyone is so disappointed with the flyer.

But they should either honour the price guarantee, or not put the items on sale for a lower price. Come on - they're not losing money on it are they :?:

They know first of all that most prople won't bother with the guarantee and they also know how many units they've sold in the 30 days prior to the sale.

How do we get them to honour their policy :?:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7357 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
smithbi wrote:It's the failure to price guarantee that kisses me off. They say that they will guarantee the lowest price, but they don't really mean it. :mad:

I bought the Pioneer HD DVD player at the end of November for -$50, but on boxing day it's -$120 :!: They're hosing me for $70 :evil:

It's not like they're discounting every item in the store - it's only a few select things. That's why everyone is so disappointed with the flyer.

But they should either honour the price guarantee, or not put the items on sale for a lower price. Come on - they're not losing money on it are they :?:

They know first of all that most prople won't bother with the guarantee and they also know how many units they've sold in the 30 days prior to the sale.

Are you listening to yourself? Does the notion of a limited quantity one day sale mean anything to you? Why should any enterprise who has such a sale then extend that pricing to any quantity of sale items sold in the past 30 days? Does this make any sense to you whatsoever?

They aren't HOSING you for anything. You paid what you were comfortable paying back in November. How would boxing day even exist when you could buy anything you wanted from Nov 25/26 onwards and then on boxing day get your money refunded down to sale price....

Some people....wow.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7357 posts
609 upvotes
Toronto
smithbi wrote:It's the failure to price guarantee that kisses me off. They say that they will guarantee the lowest price, but they don't really mean it. :mad:

Oh, and is the concept of a loss-leader not familiar to you?
[OP]
Dec 22, 2005
60 posts
3 upvotes
OK, I concede!

It says in their in-store policy:

Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers

But this means that they pretty much never price guarantee anything ever. Since most of the time the good discounts are rebates or coupons. And of course boxing day is limited time and quantity.

The only option really is to do what the guy I spoke to a FS said. Buy the item at sale price on Boxing Day (If you can get it) and return the previous purchase after the 27th.

So it's either off to FS on Boxing Day - or just stay at home and enjoy the DVD player :!:
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40689 posts
2097 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What are you guys looking to price match?

Cause the thing is, if it's at least $50 or so, get a CSR to talk to you about the purchase, don't take it out at the cashier. Say stuff like, I wanna buy this, but *store name* has it for cheaper. It's the end of the month, and even with boxing week blowout, Futureshop guys will want to get more comission out of it. I tried matching the HP 1950 today and the guy at the palm and cell phone section refused me because its against their policy to price match something that's not on sale yet, but told me to come back on the 26th.

So to conclude, you probably can't price match at CS, but you may be able to do so with a sales guy. Actually, I prefer price matching with a sales guy, because they're so eagar for comission that they won't even call in to check for stock, etc. Most of the time I price match with sales guy, he just asks me what store and how much, and he keys it into the computer, didn't even ask for proof. Not to be racist, but sales of an African, India, Middle East Asian or Latin American background tend to be the most eagar for comission.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback