Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Future Shop Boxing Week In-Store Handout Flyer (RFD Exclusive)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 8:44 am
Tags:
Jan 21, 2006
575 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
TurboTronix wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 8:55 am
iPhone5 is such a crappy phone, can't believe with all the new Androids and Windows phones people are still falling for this Dinosaur...

- Bad maps
- Bad battery life
- People confirming dropped calls
just a few of the pretty lame features :)
You're Holdings it wrong :P couldn't resist.
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
How magnificent Is Messi? There is no answer It’s like counting the bubbles in a bottle of Champagne
Destroying Aresenal and Manchester united is what he does best.... :p
May 2, 2006
461 posts
36 upvotes
Boucherville
TurboTronix wrote:
iPhone5 is such a crappy phone, can't believe with all the new Androids and Windows phones people are still falling for this Dinosaur...

- Bad maps
- Bad battery life
How ironic. Google themselves admitted that Google Maps on iOS is more polished than on Android. The iPhone 5 has great battery life especially compared to the Google phones and I haven't really experienced dropped calls. Fail post. :/

As randomkidx said, the only bad thing about the iPhone 5 is the aging iOS interface.
Nov 7, 2005
422 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
Shakkan wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:50 am
How ironic. Google themselves admitted that Google Maps on iOS is more polished than on Android. The iPhone 5 has great battery life especially compared to the Google phones and I haven't really experienced dropped calls. Fail post. :/

As randomkidx said, the only bad thing about the iPhone 5 is the aging iOS interface.
Sorry, I've got to agree with most of what was said by Turbo. I used to have a Blackberry and the company decided to go over to iPhone 5s. Worst. Phone. Ever. (Of course, I've never had an Android phone so I can't speak to it or its battery life.)

iPhone 5 problems:

Battery life of a kid's wind up toy. (Yes, I've cycled the battery several times and don't leave any apps but phone and email running in the background)
Predictive typing that just sucks. It will help me finish "the" but can't give a suggestion for "collaborate"?!?! What crap.
How do you attach more than one picture to an email? You don't!
Can't turn itself off and on automatically. WTF is "do not disturb"? Lame! BTW, this is one of the reasons I can't get the battery to last over a day.
Dropped calls and "No Service" where the BB had no problems. (Turning off LTE can help with this, BTW)

I can't be all negative about the phone though. I find the map app that comes with it fantastic. I love Siri. It's very intuitive and easy to use. There are other positives as well but the bottom line for me is that it's a horrible business phone.

I've asked them for my Blackberry back a number of times but it looks like it isn't going to happen.
4199 posts
154 upvotes
TurboTronix wrote:

- Bad maps
- Bad battery life
I wouldn't call crap but not as great. I'm a guy that used every iPhone that came out until 5. Though I'm still using iPad 3 and iPad mini. Just switched to note 2. I need to charge iPhone every day and about 2 days on my note. I think apple need something new to get ppl back. Since 3G to 5, there just aren't too many big differences.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2871 posts
682 upvotes
GTA
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 7:47 am
"All gaming headsets on sale", also including PC (USB) gaming headsets?
Is so, I personally recommend SteelSeries Siberia v2 :)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3744 posts
16350 upvotes
TORONTO
kirm wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:11 pm
Sorry, I've got to agree with most of what was said by Turbo. I used to have a Blackberry and the company decided to go over to iPhone 5s. Worst. Phone. Ever. (Of course, I've never had an Android phone so I can't speak to it or its battery life.)

iPhone 5 problems:

Battery life of a kid's wind up toy. (Yes, I've cycled the battery several times and don't leave any apps but phone and email running in the background)
Predictive typing that just sucks. It will help me finish "the" but can't give a suggestion for "collaborate"?!?! What crap.
Can't turn itself off and on automatically. WTF is "do not disturb"? Lame! BTW, this is one of the reasons I can't get the battery to last over a day.
Dropped calls and "No Service" where the BB had no problems. (Turning off LTE can help with this, BTW)

I can't be all negative about the phone though. I find the map app that comes with it fantastic. I love Siri. It's very intuitive and easy to use. There are other positives as well but the bottom line for me is that it's a horrible business phone.

I've asked them for my Blackberry back a number of times but it looks like it isn't going to happen.
You can attach multiple pictures to an email .. pretty much invalidates your 'opinion'.

Disgruntled RIM employee?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2131 posts
880 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:17 am
but not for a locked-in 3 year term, which is the main point here.
Rogers doesn't have a 3 year lock-in anymore. You just pay the subsidy you received (minus 1/36th per month you were a customer) + $12.5 admin fee.
This is the reason I went with Rogers, they were the only ones with a decent cancellation plan. Not sure if others have updated their plans yet?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24043 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Zyphur wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:51 pm
Is so, I personally recommend SteelSeries Siberia v2 :)
Overrated...
Nov 2, 2011
290 posts
96 upvotes
LANGLEY
Fantaz wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 7:34 pm
Overrated...
I'd have to disagree. Got mine from Memory Express with a PM when Steelseries had their sale during Black Friday. They are great and while I only paid $60 for them I'd argue they are well worth the $100 asking price. Even better if you get them on sale. Easily the most comfortable headset I've worn, leather ear cups basically cut out all external sound and the mic is pretty good.
kirm wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 1:11 pm

iPhone 5 problems:

-You went from a phone with a very sub-par display to a phone with a retina display and LTE data speeds so yes your battery life will be less but it is by no means bad. I had a bad battery on my first iphone, took it back to Apple and was handed a brand new one. Also when the phone is sleeping with data off at night I go through no battery at all.
-Predictive text is very much a subjective thing. I'm completely used to what it likes to correct and not correct now and can type very fluently.
-Attaching more than one picture? Well yes I have many times so figure that one out.
-Turn itself on and off? Why do you need to do that? Push a power button = on, push a power button swipe across the screen = on?
-Do Not Disturb is actually pretty cool and what I use when I'm sleeping but use it as an alarm clock. You can have it so only people on your favorites will make the phone ring or if the same number calls you multiple times within 5 minutes (emergencies) so that you can have your phone on all night and no be disturbed by random calls and texts.
-Never had an issue with dropped calls or no service so either one of your phones isn't reporting that correctly or you've got a faulty antenna.

These phones aren't perfect but they don't deserve half the crap people come up with. "Worst. Phone. Ever." might be just a bit of a stretch don't you think? I'd gladly trade you my old Galaxy S (1st gen), LG rumour, or Motorola Razer for it if you'd rather one of those?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
The following flyers cannot be searched for and do not show up in the list of flyers. The stupid city/postal code filter on RFD is blocking access to ANY flyer that is not specifically tagged to match my postal code or city. Will the mods fix this please. It's preventing archived flyers from being viewed as well as non-local flyers for online stores. All the flyers are being effected in this manner. I couldn't even search for the liquidation or web only boxing day flyer for someone else to view. I was lucky that I already had the address saved.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7285/
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7088/
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/futu ... sale-7115/

I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
These I just wanted opinions/recommendations what is:
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
  • Better deal/quality than 800-Watt Cuisinart 5.5 Qt. Stand Mixer $279.99 Model: SM-55BCC futureshop web only boxing day flyer? 250-Watt Kitchenaid Mixer $100 in Futureshop liquidation flyer? Breville 550 Watt Steel Bench Mixer $199.99 Model: BREBEM800XL futureshop boxing day flyer?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
× < >