Page 1 of 2

Future Shop Gift Cards Redemption Promo thru RBC Rewards - Until June 30th, 2007

Posted: May 28th, 2007 2:56 pm
by Neovingian
Hey y'all I just got an email from RBC Rewards as I have a card with them, not sure how hot of a deal it is but if you have a RBC Visa that earns points, and you have some points sitting around (at least 5000 pts) on your RBC Visa card, you might want to consider redeeming for some FS gift cards. As of recently, FS gift cards can now also be used online for purchases.

To further clarify, for this offer, you would need to redeem existing RBC Rewards points for gift cards using the RBC Rewards web itse or by calling in, these gift cards can not be purhased w/ your existing Visa or cold hard cash.

Until June 30th, a $50 FUTURE SHOP gift card is now only 5,000 RBC Rewards points (normally costs 6000 points)

Re: Future Shop Gift Cards Redemption Promo thru RBC Rewards - Until June 30th, 2007

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:04 pm
by T3rry
[quote="Neovingian" post_id="5143768" time="1180378605" user_id="2714"]Hey y'all I just got this email from RBC rewards, not sure how hot of a deal it is but if you have points sitting around on you rRBC credit card, you might wnat to consider redeeming for some gift cards. These can now also be used online.

For a limited time a $50 gift card is now only 5,000 points (normally costs 6000 points)

Re: Future Shop Gift Cards Redemption Promo thru RBC Rewards - Until June 30th, 2007

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:11 pm
by pheffern
Still 6000 for me..

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:25 pm
by kaimui22
still 6000 for me too...

did the email you got say when the promotion starts? perhaps June 1st or something?

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:37 pm
by CHINAdeals
T3rry wrote: topic is a bit misleading, they're not for sale, they for exchange using points.
well they are 'on sale'

but yah still kind of misleading

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:53 pm
by mademiriam
still 6000 for me as well, i've been meaning to cash these out to get a new TV...if you have more details on why you're getting them for less let us know.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:55 pm
by Elessar_44
Yah I've been meaning to cash out some points too, so let us know when this particular "sale" goes live.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 3:57 pm
by Jon Lai
OP, please change title to "redemption promotion" or something. I was expecting to be able to buy them with hard, cold cash.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 4:34 pm
by Neovingian
I modified the title for you guys on here, I wrote it up real quick before going on lunch Sorry if it wasn't all that clear. The title that I postyed is actually the same title listed in the heading of the email.

To adress the questions, I got the email for signing up for RBC Rewards promos a while back along with some bonus points. I got the email on May 24th & when I just checked the RBC Rewards site it worked fine for me. I selected redeem for gift ceftifcates & selected Future shop & the old redemption amounts appear to be crossed out, with the promo redemtion amounts highlighted in RED. This offer only applies to redemptions of $50 or $100 on Future shop gift cards.

Jon Lai wrote: OP, please change title to "redemption promotion" or something. I was expecting to be able to buy them with hard, cold cash.
...My bad, I apologize for the confusion, title has been changed from sale to redemption.
Elessar_44 wrote: Yah I've been meaning to cash out some points too, so let us know when this particular "sale" goes live.
...The sale is live right now as long as you have an RBC Visa card that earns points. I had a friend try it & it worked for them too, unless the promo is it for select RBC Visa cardholders.
mademiriam wrote: still 6000 for me as well, i've been meaning to cash these out to get a new TV...if you have more details on why you're getting them for less let us know.
..Can't say why i'm getting them & some of you guys aren't yet...I would assume you need to have at least 5000 Rewards points to take advanatge of this offer, that could be why.
CHINAdeals wrote: well they are 'on sale'

but yah still kind of misleading
...Title has been fixed.
kaimui22 wrote: still 6000 for me too...

did the email you got say when the promotion starts? perhaps June 1st or something?
...I got the email May 24th, offer good til June 30th 2007

Posted: May 28th, 2007 5:48 pm
by Freelancer-Mountaineer
How did you get this email and the bonus points? I would love to sign up. The 5000 points doesn't work for me :(

Posted: May 28th, 2007 5:56 pm
by Elessar_44
Freelancer-Mountaineer wrote: How did you get this email and the bonus points? I would love to sign up. The 5000 points doesn't work for me :(
Huh? You don't just "get" bonus points. RBC Points are awarded when using your RBC Visas. You save up points them redeem them for merchandise or GCs.

I just logged in and mine is still listing 6000pts for the $50 GC. Not sure why its only appearing for some.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 5:57 pm
by dux
Booo I just cashed out 6000 points last week for a $50 certificate... I wonder If I can pricematch lol

Posted: May 28th, 2007 6:17 pm
Elessar_44 wrote: Huh? You don't just "get" bonus points. RBC Points are awarded when using your RBC Visas. You save up points them redeem them for merchandise or GCs.
I'm well aware. OP said he got this email with some "bonus points", and perhaps I misunderstood but that sounds like extra points on top of the points you earn with your rewards VISA.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 6:29 pm
by Neovingian
Freelancer-Mountaineer wrote: I'm well aware. OP said he got this email with some "bonus points", and perhaps I misunderstood but that sounds like extra points on top of the points you earn with your rewards VISA.
....Just to clarify the offer I posted, is not for bonus points it is an offer allowing you get $50 or $100 worth of Future shop gift cards for 5000 or 10,000 points respectively depending on what value of gift cards you want.

I have got bonus RBC Rewards points in the past by signing up for their RBC Rewards e-newsletter which usually has offers in there for bonus points, this is not one thoe offers.

Posted: May 28th, 2007 6:59 pm
Neovingian wrote:
I have got bonus RBC Rewards points in the past by signing up for their RBC Rewards e-newsletter which usually has offers in there for bonus points, this is not one thoe offers.
Thanks OP! That's exactly what I was asking about! Do you have a link where to sign up for the e-newsletter? Thanks so much!

Posted: May 28th, 2007 11:41 pm
by fifa204
yeah this is a no go for me either only shows 6000 and 12000 for fshop gift cards

Posted: May 28th, 2007 11:47 pm
by solidxxx
called RBC rewards and demanded that I get the deal, redeemed $5,000 dollar gift card for futureshop for 500,000 points :razz:

Posted: May 28th, 2007 11:54 pm
by pigqq
solidxxx wrote: called RBC rewards and demanded that I get the deal, redeemed $5,000 dollar gift card for futureshop for 500,000 points :razz:
should be 500$?

now thats what i'm talking about

Posted: May 29th, 2007 7:31 am
by Neovingian
solidxxx wrote: called RBC rewards and demanded that I get the deal, redeemed $5,000 dollar gift card for futureshop for 500,000 points :razz:
...Way to go Solidxxx, how long did it take for you to build up 500,000 points, i'm guessing you either never use cash? have some sort of corporate card? or haven't redeemed any points in about 15 years.... :cheesygri either way you cleaned up & got a $5000 FS gift card that would have normally been 600,000 Rewards points.

Just imagine all the stuff you could get now? + if you combine that with FS coupon offers or preferred shoppers days, you can squeeze out an even better deal.

Or you could trade these cards in for other gift cards in the B/s/t gift card forum. Either way you cleaned up!

Don't know why its working for some but not others, if yoou don't see it when you log in to you rvIsa inquiry call in & get the same offer?...I've also confirmed that its a national deal open to everyone, as long as you have a points earning RBC Visa card and have at least 5000 points on it now or by your June 30th statement.

pigqq wrote: should be 500$?
...Nope he's absolutely right, 500,000 RBC Rewards points would yield $5000 worth of FS gift cards. Its like he did the redemption for the $100 FS gift cards 50 times, and 50 X $100 = $5000.

Posted: May 29th, 2007 10:31 am
by parry
Is this like a really HOT deal or what? Just wanna confirm before jumping on it and pulling the trigger.