Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Future Shop Online Only Boxing Day Flyer now Live! (RFD Exclusive!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2013 11:02 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1340 posts
113 upvotes
randomkidx wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:20 pm
rofl they sell whey protein at futureshop now, wtf is going on?
And blood pressure monitors too....I guess to check your BP after seeing the flyers... LOL
What dancing banana ?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1768 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough
+1. He sounds like he works for future shop.
deepfunkysoul wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 3:50 pm
+1 this isn't the only thread he has spewed his crap on.
Sep 14, 2009
516 posts
51 upvotes
Well, a bit disappointed when I noticed that the Lenovo laptop for $250 is a refurbished laptop. Anyone have any comments on the B960 processor? This will be for very simple tasks (for my dad). I'm just a bit hesistant on refurbished products. Does anyone know about the warranty for refurbished products?

Also, I have a question about shipping with best buy/futureshop. Does my shipping address have to be the same as my credit card address? I'm just wondering because I'm visiting my parents for christmas and I woud like it delivered to my parents' home and not my credit card address. Is this possible? Thanks
Dec 21, 2012
227 posts
127 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is my first post, although I have followed RFD for a long time. There is no "entitlement", things are either a good deal or they're not. And personally judging by this years flyers there aren't very many good deals at all. So for our information could you please point out the "wonderful" boxing day deals that only you can see?
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10852 posts
805 upvotes
Kanata
luongo321 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 3:58 pm
Well, a bit disappointed when I noticed that the Lenovo laptop for $250 is a refurbished laptop. Anyone have any comments on the B960 processor? This will be for very simple tasks (for my dad). I'm just a bit hesistant on refurbished products. Does anyone know about the warranty for refurbished products?

Also, I have a question about shipping with best buy/futureshop. Does my shipping address have to be the same as my credit card address? I'm just wondering because I'm visiting my parents for christmas and I woud like it delivered to my parents' home and not my credit card address. Is this possible? Thanks
Got the wife a B940 and paired with an SSD and 8GB RAM, she has nary a complaint. She doesn't do much on it but the SSD makes the biggest difference.
Feb 11, 2008
872 posts
5 upvotes
luongo321 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey, I bought this laptop last year for my dad, for simple task-web surfing, email etc. So far its holding up fine. The word "refurbished" usually scares people but i have no issues with it. Like i said its held its own and nothings gone wrong. With a Dual Core processor, 4GB of ram its more than enough for everyday normal use.

As for shipping to your parents house and not using your credit card. What you could do is, when asked for a shipping address enter your parents address, and home address just use yours. This is all done at checkout at the futureshop website.
Sep 14, 2009
516 posts
51 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:18 pm
Got the wife a B940 and paired with an SSD and 8GB RAM, she has nary a complaint. She doesn't do much on it but the SSD makes the biggest difference.
Thanks!
Dragons4Life wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:22 pm
Hey, I bought this laptop last year for my dad, for simple task-web surfing, email etc. So far its holding up fine. The word "refurbished" usually scares people but i have no issues with it. Like i said its held its own and nothings gone wrong. With a Dual Core processor, 4GB of ram its more than enough for everyday normal use.

As for shipping to your parents house and not using your credit card. What you could do is, when asked for a shipping address enter your parents address, and home address just use yours. This is all done at checkout at the futureshop website.
Cool, thanks for the info. For some reason, I had it in my head that they needed to be the same address, but I might have just made that up. :D So it's totally okay if the shipping/billing addresses don't match then?
Feb 11, 2008
872 posts
5 upvotes
The Shipping Address is whoever you want it shipped to, in this case its your parents address. The Billing/Home address is whoever is getting the bill in this case its you. So it doesn't matter.
Sep 20, 2011
49 posts
toronto
Anyone can comment on the Panasonic shaver at FS ($40) and the one at BB ($30). Worth it? any difference besides the FS one with the extra blade? lol
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10852 posts
805 upvotes
Kanata
All I wanted was the Sandisk 64GB micro SDXC for the same price as Black Friday :( Didn't even get close.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
This is a joke. the vast majority of these "doorcrashers" have been this price or lower through the year for a lot of items. PS3 controller for 39.99? Been that price at amazon for a month. LOTR trilogy on bluray for 39.99? I got it for 10 less last year. Star wars trilogy for 75? Got it last year for 50. The worst part is some dumb suckers are still going to line up for this nonsense. Pathetic.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Oct 24, 2008
163 posts
5 upvotes
The DYNEX HDMI cables on page 7 are priced the same as the flyer online right now. $3.99 for 3ft, $6.99 for 6ft, and $9.99 for 12ft.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
10852 posts
805 upvotes
Kanata
Premium wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 7:04 pm
$429.99 for which iPad? 4?
Believe it was 3rd gen. The discontinued one.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2131 posts
1339 upvotes
nyik wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 3:18 pm
Looking at getting the Samsung 46" LN46E550F7FXZC. BB/FS reviews give it mediocre ratings (2.4/5), whereas amazon.com is 4/5.
4/5 on amazon.com is because they regularly had ridiculous cheap deal for it whereas here we pay double the price for the same tv
× < >