Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 24, 2004
433 posts
144 upvotes

Future Shop Price Match Stores

Hello. I was wondering if Future Shop's online/instore guarantee applies to
<a href =www.atic.ca> Atic Computers </a>, as they have the Creative MuVo Micro N200 512MB and 1 GB models there for a significantly btter price than FS does, and as I have received FS gift cards I would like to buy this MP3 player there. Thank you all and Merry Christmas!
8 replies
Jan 4, 2004
402 posts
71 upvotes
Richmond
lol gl with that. I went to fshop to try to price match <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28 target=_blank>NCIX</a> with a LCD, they said they weren't an authorized dealer, and I said they were, and showed them the site that says they are. Then he tried to call them and was on hold for 3 minutes and hung up and said they no answer so I no price match. Then he spoke with his manager and was refused the price match. I tried it on 4 seperate occasions...fshop sucks more and more now with their price gaurantee. Basically its no gaurantee, they will always make some osrt of excuse.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2200 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver
I believe they do.

They'll match the price minus 10% of the difference between the two prices. Just go to Futureshop and print out the site with the price and their contact info. The salesperson will then call the store to make sure it's true.

Another thing you could do since Boxing Day is so busy would be to just buy the MP3 player at Futureshop then return on the 27th/28th and show them the info.
Nov 24, 2004
501 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
futureshop is a total pain to try to pricematch. i've tried it so many times. they will give you all the excuses in the book. it's just 10% more than difference which is almost immaterial and the times that i have gotten to match, they even refused to honour that additional 10%. better to give your business to a company that does put out competitive prices rather then pretend to be competitive.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2004
433 posts
144 upvotes
Thanks everyone. Given that the price difference is $60-$70 plus shipping, I am going to try... Wush me luck!
Nov 24, 2004
501 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Fenian wrote:Thanks everyone. Given that the price difference is $60-$70 plus shipping, I am going to try... Wush me luck!
they will even use shipping charges against you if you try to pricematch B&M with them! hahaha

and add to that use to their advantage the fact that you're already in their store and not the other place hoping that you don't want to use up more time going to the other store.
Sep 15, 2004
584 posts
1 upvote
Winnipeg
They told me they couldn't price match dealsoutlet.ca because it was too cheap for a shaver. They offered to meet me half way and I told them to f-off
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2200 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver
cawchy wrote:They told me they couldn't price match dealsoutlet.ca because it was too cheap for a shaver. They offered to meet me half way and I told them to f-off
Haha!

That's the spirit! :D
[OP]
Dec 24, 2004
433 posts
144 upvotes
Thanks for the advice everyone. I got my price match today on a Creative MuVo
Micro N200 1 GB Mp3 player. It took about 15 minutes, but I got no complaints and good service, no excuses. Very happy with FS service today. I saved approx $50! :lol: