• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2008 11:50 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 4, 2006
14 posts

future shop return

i got an ipod as a gift and i am pretty sure its from FS. is it possible to return it w/o the receipt??

wut abt best buy
12 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1712 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
how about ask your friend for the receipt and tell your friend you need it because you're returning it for cash
:arrowl: :arrowd: :arrowu: :arrow:
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
Nope. If you had the invoice you could read on the back that you need the original reciept for any returns or exchanges.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17689 posts
1767 upvotes
Woodbridge
YMMV. I've said it many times, it depends on the Location, CSR and/or Manager.

Try.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4616 posts
256 upvotes
Wow you are quite the lousy friend. I would love to have friends who give me iPods!

Anyway you unthankful person, you will not get anywhere without a receipt. Not even store credit, or exchange, absolutely nothing. Futureshop and Best Buy have lately been very strict with their return policies.

[FS] Linksys EA7500 Router | X-Fi Forte

Join the RedFlagDeals Club on Xbox Live!

Heatware
[72 - 0 - 0]
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto
Hot deal.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
areejmustafa wrote:
May 29th, 2008 9:17 pm
i got an ipod as a gift and i am pretty sure its from FS. is it possible to return it w/o the receipt??

wut abt best buy
If you don't want it, why not just return it to your friend?
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
855 upvotes
areejmustafa wrote:

wut abt best buy
Since you don't know where it is from, how would FS or BB know it was bough from them. From a logical point of view, FS, BB, etc would just laugh at you because if they accepted your return then BB, FS, Walmart, etc could just hire employees to return products to other companies instead of trying to sell them.

Walmart is the only place that might accept your return (based on their lowest sale price of the product) but i heard they are tightening up on returns as well. Also it would be unethical to try to return anything unless you know 100% where it was bought. Otherwise you're just flat out abusing a store's policy.

Best solution = ask your friend where he bought it and if he has an invoice still. If its pass 15 days or you don't want to ask your friend... thats what the BST forums are for.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
2905 posts
2 upvotes
if it's Costco, they will accept it.. FS, no way they will accepts it
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
aimfox wrote:
May 30th, 2008 1:56 am
if it's Costco, they will accept it.. FS, no way they will accepts it
Costco will accept it as long as you're a member and they can reprint the receipt.

OP - besides being dishonest - is SOL.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
areejmustafa wrote:

wut abt best buy
JLee wrote:
May 29th, 2008 9:43 pm
how about ask your friend for the receipt and tell your friend you need it because you're returning it for cash
Dark-Colonel wrote:
May 29th, 2008 10:00 pm
Wow you are quite the lousy friend. I would love to have friends who give me iPods!

Anyway you unthankful person, you will not get anywhere without a receipt. Not even store credit, or exchange, absolutely nothing. Futureshop and Best Buy have lately been very strict with their return policies.
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
May 29th, 2008 10:23 pm
If you don't want it, why not just return it to your friend?
GVRtrader wrote:
May 30th, 2008 1:33 am
Since you don't know where it is from, how would FS or BB know it was bough from them. From a logical point of view, FS, BB, etc would just laugh at you because if they accepted your return then BB, FS, Walmart, etc could just hire employees to return products to other companies instead of trying to sell them.

Walmart is the only place that might accept your return (based on their lowest sale price of the product) but i heard they are tightening up on returns as well. Also it would be unethical to try to return anything unless you know 100% where it was bought. Otherwise you're just flat out abusing a store's policy.

Best solution = ask your friend where he bought it and if he has an invoice still. If its pass 15 days or you don't want to ask your friend... thats what the BST forums are for.
OP never said it was from a friend. Could've been a friend, mom, dad, brother, aunt, ex-gf, ex-bf, etc.
Dec 18, 2007
355 posts
Mississauga
Walmart will take it back. But they will give you instore credit for the lowest price it was sold at in their store. You'll need photo ID as well. I think Toy'R us has the same policy. I've heard/read someplace that they have a limit of 3 such returns without receipts. After 3, you won't ever be able to return something without a receipt.

I've done it once with a toy. It was worth $50 and the front end manager did try to give me a hard time but I wasn't leaving without my refund. I had bought the toy there and it had been almost a year (unopened) and I couldn't find the receipt. The still sold the same toy so they just put it back on the shelf.