Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Futureshop: Asus Vivo Tab RT $399 + Free Dock !!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2013 11:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12795 posts
3825 upvotes
--
Futureshop still has these on for $399.99 and BestBuy @ $299.99...

I can't find one ANYWHERE and I don't think stock will be replenished until after the sale (watch for that)
Dec 10, 2008
895 posts
130 upvotes
Timbits93 wrote: Just FYI,

Registered for the dock. Will let you guys know what happens.

It only asks for two seperate photos (you upload two seperately), one of the receipt and one of the serial number on the box.
did you cut the serial of the box or just took the pic of the box?
Aug 29, 2012
869 posts
249 upvotes
Got an Open Box at Best Buy today for $299.95 -%5. It was the only one they had in stock. One question, is the open box discount supposed to be -10%?
adiprince1 wrote: did you cut the serial of the box or just took the pic of the box?
I also just registered for the dock. I just took a picture of the box and trimmed the picture so that only the sticker on the back (with the S/N) shows and not the box.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13912 posts
5398 upvotes
Just got my vivo tab today, and the experience is pretty impressive

As a tablet OS it works well. It is a much better tablet experience when it comes to ipad / android so far.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
3651 posts
133 upvotes
Back to $399 at Best Buy. $299 might have been a price error. :(

Tried to PM the $399 price at Memory Express, but they would not throw in the dock this time (would only do it for their $549 regular price). Didn't want to risk not getting the free dock, so I passed.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13912 posts
5398 upvotes
that's strange, they sent me the dock after they pm'ed me at 399
airodus wrote: Back to $399 at Best Buy. $299 might have been a price error. :(

Tried to PM the $399 price at Memory Express, but they would not throw in the dock this time (would only do it for their $549 regular price). Didn't want to risk not getting the free dock, so I passed.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12795 posts
3825 upvotes
--
I'm taking mine back. Don't know if something is wrong with it or not but when I tap the screen sometimes it will start going crazy acting like I'm tapping everywhere. Seems a little sluggish and won't open presentation files for some reason when I download them from my school
Dec 10, 2008
895 posts
130 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: I'm taking mine back. Don't know if something is wrong with it or not but when I tap the screen sometimes it will start going crazy acting like I'm tapping everywhere. Seems a little sluggish and won't open presentation files for some reason when I download them from my school
ya I have.noticed slughishness too. just updated the tab let hope it works fine.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13912 posts
5398 upvotes
have you try calibrating your screen first ?

XtremeModder wrote: I'm taking mine back. Don't know if something is wrong with it or not but when I tap the screen sometimes it will start going crazy acting like I'm tapping everywhere. Seems a little sluggish and won't open presentation files for some reason when I download them from my school
The sweetest gyal
Feb 28, 2010
24 posts
2 upvotes
I just pick one up an open at FS Kitchener location last night for 279.99, there was was still 1 open box left. I register with Asus and seems fine but haven't fill out the dock application. If the production registration went through that means no one has register yet right or you have to fill out the dock application to find out.
Dec 10, 2008
895 posts
130 upvotes
would be nice if developers can port android on it and we can dual boot it
Jul 21, 2008
61 posts
24 upvotes
Can anyone that has a screenshot of the 299 price from the website or of their receipt send it to me in private message? I need to price adjust mine but only have a couple of days left to do it!

Many thanks.

Btw I did get my dock through the mail, it probably took about 2 weeks. Their website never updates when you check the status. It still shows my dock request as still just being in "request submitted" status even though I have receieved it.
Nov 28, 2006
97 posts
19 upvotes
anyone needs to buy one? i have an open box one will sell at cost for $399+tax from futureshop. got an tf300f instead. if no one wants it. its going back to futureshop.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12795 posts
3825 upvotes
--
disolitude wrote: Depends what you are in to and what you need. If you want an option to have a close to a full desktop experience with flash, office, printer support, mouse/keyboard support...as well as an option to go tablet or full laptop with the free dock, and have battery life of up to 16 hours with dock... Asus Vivo RT beats the iPad.

If you want an entertainment tablet, with much more apps and like playing in the Apple ecosystem (Airplay, Apple TV, iTunes)...iPad wins.

Also, full USB, SD card, and HDMI out built in to the tablet is something iPad doesn't have but Asus does. I'd take the Asus myself but then again, at any price I'd take the Galaxy Nexus 10 or Surface Pro over either lol.
I took the vivo tab back as it was not working properly (I tried calibrating the screen and it did nothing). I I opted for the ipad mini for school and bought Quickoffice or whatever it's called for $20 and it's a great app it opens all word documents and presentations as well as excel files. Very happy with it although I may have to take this back and get the 32gb model
Jul 21, 2008
61 posts
24 upvotes
Just got my price adjustment. WIN!

thanks adiprince1! this was exactly what I needed.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1949 posts
2895 upvotes
Toronto
TheOtaku wrote:
I also just registered for the dock. I just took a picture of the box and trimmed the picture so that only the sticker on the back (with the S/N) shows and not the box.
I registered for the dock on Saturday on line, and received it today (Thursday) by FedEx...not bad...4 business days and it was in my hands.

(and I did not cut the label off either, just took picture and trimmed it)
Dec 10, 2008
895 posts
130 upvotes
netmind wrote: Just got my price adjustment. WIN!

thanks adiprince1! this was exactly what I needed.
That's great !!! enjoy your Windows tablet
Feb 8, 2012
715 posts
719 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ichibansan wrote: I registered for the dock on Saturday on line, and received it today (Thursday) by FedEx...not bad...4 business days and it was in my hands.

(and I did not cut the label off either, just took picture and trimmed it)
is it a bilingual keyboard or the one with the long rectangle enter key?