None
[OP]
Sep 12, 2010
120 posts
14 upvotes
Coquitlam

Futureshop Credit card question

Hi Everyone,

Last week I went to the Futureshop in Richmond, BC and purchased a pair of speaker stands. So I told the cashier that I am use the Futureshop credit card and the cashier told me Futureshop no longer provide 3-months no interest payment option.

So I was like.. if that's just a normal credit card, means that's useless for me anymore. I would like to confirm with all of you. Did FS no longer provide the 3-months no interest on their credit card?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5446 posts
357 upvotes
Are you seriously using Future shop credit card? that's by far the most rip off store credit card to use EVER.

According to the website, they do 12 months no interest charge on purchase over $300. The catch is, they ding you in admin charge of 69.99, which is 23% in interest equivalent. :facepalm:
[OP]
Sep 12, 2010
120 posts
14 upvotes
Coquitlam
That's the reason why if they no longer provide the 3-months no interest payment offer. I am not going to use for sure.

> :( > :(
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9598 posts
1103 upvotes
Toronto
tomtomtom wrote:
Dec 19th, 2011 12:26 pm
Are you seriously using Future shop credit card? that's by far the most rip off store credit card to use EVER.

According to the website, they do 12 months no interest charge on purchase over $300. The catch is, they ding you in admin charge of 69.99, which is 23% in interest equivalent. :facepalm:

I spent $2400 about a year ago (payed off now) and got the fee waived

My mom got a new tv, everything for $2000 and she bought it outright but they offered the 12 months for 39.99

OP call and ask about the 3 months. Could hAve been a seasonal noob that doesn't know
Aug 21, 2009
75 posts
16 upvotes
I bought a couple games on the card a few days ago. It changed to 6 months no interest but you must make a minimum payment each month (didn't check how much) or you will get charged interest. Then if you pay admin fees you can extend it longer still no interest as long as you make the minimum payment.
Apr 29, 2009
41 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Honestly why would you postpone paying off your purchase in the first place? Your still going to have to pay for it ... all of it ... and sometimes with an extra admin fee. 3 months from now your going to need something else (maybe something important) and your going to think - damn - I'm still paying off those speakers and now I have to pay off this too?

IMO if they aren't giving you the 3 month grace period, they're doing you a favour.