Futureshop Exclusive Gameboy???

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2004 2:51 am
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2002
65 posts
6 upvotes
is the futureshop pearl the same as the one that was released in japan with ffta?
Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothing's like before

My HeatWare Feedback
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Probably. The model is listed as Pearl (White) on the back of box. Obviously it would have different sticker label on it though since North American GBA's have a different label on the unit.
Jan 17, 2003
795 posts
1 upvote
That green&orange combo looks very much like the Shrek edition ToyRus are selling. Also did anyone see that Tibral edition?(not sure about the name.....is it for a game or something?) Kinda ugly with the symbol.. :)
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
IVNP wrote:That green&orange combo looks very much like the Shrek edition ToyRus are selling. Also did anyone see that Tibral edition?(not sure about the name.....is it for a game or something?) Kinda ugly with the symbol.. :)

The Tribal edition? It's not for a game, it's just a tribal design, modelled after polynesian ( AFAIK ) tribal tattoos.
Jan 17, 2003
795 posts
1 upvote
I see.......kinda weird of them doing that I thought since most of the time it's either used to promote certain games or store exclusive. That is just.....wft?! :) (is it suppose to be cool or something? kinda lame I thought.) They might as well release flag GBA all over the world instead.
Dec 28, 2002
287 posts
24 upvotes
There are a number of "Limited Edition" store exclusives in Canada at the moment... the one's I've seen over the last week:

Future Shop = White
Zellers = Pink
Walmart = Baby Blue
Toys R Us = Orange/Green (Shrek)
EB = Tattoo edition Platinum

I guess they're trying to saturate the market before the DS comes out (in a few weeks).
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Thanks, looks like you're right. The Lime/Orange seems to be a TRU exclusive. Which store did you see it at? My local stores don't have it and say they've never heard of it.

Also it's Best Buy that has the Surf Blue one, and that Walmart is suppose to get the Who Are You? edition. At least according to IGN. Maybe it's US only cuz I called around and they don't have it either.
Jan 17, 2003
795 posts
1 upvote
Maybe ToyRus hasn't started selling those yet?(starts this weekend maybe like last time they had those gold GBA bundle.) As for the Tibral version, I don't think it's EB only. Probably alot of other places gonna have them since I recall seeing it from a superstore flyer.....
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Are you sure??? IGN says it's EBGames exclusive, plus when I was at the store wanting to return one the guy says it's an EBGames exclusive too. (We don't have superstore here in GTA that I know of, only Loblaws)
Jan 17, 2003
795 posts
1 upvote
I'm pretty sure I saw it from superstore's flyer since I never seen EB flyers with local newspaper and hardly go to EB at all.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
OMG you were right. I was looking at the Walmart flyer and saw the new Lagoon (light blue) GBA SP!! My eyes nearly popped out. I have really no idea why the stores I called said they didn't have any limited editions ... unless it's not in stock yet.
Dec 28, 2002
287 posts
24 upvotes
The ugly "Shrek" GBA SP at Toys-R-Us was something we had to ask about. It was not for sale yet, but the sales guy went into the back room and cracked open a case to show us. My guess is it's going to appear alongside the new Shrek 2 DVD today.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Picked up the new Lime/Orange GBA SP at Toys R Us today! It's called the "Swamp Version" :cheesygri

Now all I need is the Walmart Lagoon Blue version. If only I knew when it will be released. The sales associates all have no clue > :( Unless another store has yet another limited edition GBA SP that we haven't mentioned yet :D