Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Futureshop: HP DeskJet 1055 All-In-One Inkjet Printer $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2013 12:06 am
Tags:
None
19 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1145 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
Environmental Handling Fees:$11.45 kills the deal!
Aug 31, 2009
325 posts
219 upvotes
BC
Don't think there's any way to avoid an Enviro fee these days - 19.99 + fees + tax is still likely as good as it's going to get for a brand name all-in-one entry level printer - (assuming you can find one in stock at a local FS of course).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
thanks OP, reserved one in-store for my sister who was looking for a printer.
Mar 21, 2011
788 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
Anyone knows if it comes with half ink or full?
New inks cost about $50, wondering if it's better to get 2 of these.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2008
1219 posts
938 upvotes
lypang wrote: Anyone knows if it comes with half ink or full?
New inks cost about $50, wondering if it's better to get 2 of these.
Yup, might as well just get 2 and throw one out when the ink runs out. Put that environment fee to good use!
Jun 5, 2008
470 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
These entry level printers have been pretty reliable for me. The native printing/scanner software on Macs is more than sufficient. The drawback is the absolute outrageous cost of ink of this device. You are literally paying 10 cents a page just for black ink. I don't even know if you can refill these because every year there are new cartridges/microchips etc.

If you want a 30$ scanner, with extremely light printing/copying duties then pick it up. But we have laser printers now selling for 50$ for B/W and 130$ for Colour or less.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2003
1313 posts
53 upvotes
the fee here in bc is 6 dollar sth. 11 bucks for ON residents?
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Ill grab on tonight, just need it for the rare printing job at home
Mar 21, 2010
311 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sansul wrote: The drawback is the absolute outrageous cost of ink of this device. You are literally paying 10 cents a page just for black ink. I don't even know if you can refill these because every year there are new cartridges/microchips etc.
I have this unit and it uses #61 black print cartridges. I just refilled one yesterday at my local Costco for about $10 and it is on their list of refillable cartridges. At 190 copies per cartridge it works out to about 6 cents per page, and agree that is still a bit expensive if you are doing mass copying. But these printers are good in a pinch if you are more of a casual user like myself. Only glitch with refilling the cartridges is that the "low ink" light stays on, but they work just fine...
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
how much does the ink cost on these? Are they refillable?
Mar 21, 2011
788 posts
303 upvotes
Delta
MrGrinch wrote: I have this unit and it uses #61 black print cartridges. I just refilled one yesterday at my local Costco for about $10 and it is on their list of refillable cartridges. At 190 copies per cartridge it works out to about 6 cents per page, and agree that is still a bit expensive if you are doing mass copying. But these printers are good in a pinch if you are more of a casual user like myself. Only glitch with refilling the cartridges is that the "low ink" light stays on, but they work just fine...
Thanked, forgot Costco do ink refills too.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
picked one at north york. there were 8 of them when i came, 3 left by the time i left.
Dec 2, 2006
303 posts
228 upvotes
Chilliwack
How are the scanning capabilities? If I bought one of these, that's all I need it for because I already have a laser printer.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3282 posts
1046 upvotes
Toronto
SShadow wrote: How are the scanning capabilities? If I bought one of these, that's all I need it for because I already have a laser printer.
lol I bought this for scanning and to replace ink on another printer. Didn't check the scanning yet though
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Comes to $26 with tax and env. fees in Alberta.
Nov 16, 2012
12 posts
3 upvotes
NORTH VANCOUVER
MrGrinch wrote: I have this unit and it uses #61 black print cartridges. I just refilled one yesterday at my local Costco for about $10 and it is on their list of refillable cartridges. At 190 copies per cartridge it works out to about 6 cents per page, and agree that is still a bit expensive if you are doing mass copying. But these printers are good in a pinch if you are more of a casual user like myself. Only glitch with refilling the cartridges is that the "low ink" light stays on, but they work just fine...
Could you kindly tell me where did you get the information how many page you can print with a refilled cartridge? I know it prints 190 pages with a HP cartridge, but not with a refilled one. I couldn't even find the price list on web site. I have a printed price list from Costco.
Sep 5, 2011
137 posts
12 upvotes
WINNIPEG
agarla wrote: Could you kindly tell me where did you get the information how many page you can print with a refilled cartridge? I know it prints 190 pages with a HP cartridge, but not with a refilled one. I couldn't even find the price list on web site. I have a printed price list from Costco.
Agreed source needed
"A good deal is non-existent in this society. As value is 'subjective' though on mass-scale arbitrary"