• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 3:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 7, 2018
64 posts
25 upvotes

Futureshop Preorders?

I preordered KH3 when it was first announced unfortunately with Futureshop. I still get the expected delivery emails from them but I know my credit card is long expired and different numbers now.

Is there anyway I can guarantee I get the pre-order? Is it going to be fulfilled by best buy instead? I would really like to since I had it for 39.99
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7553 posts
2204 upvotes
Same here. I placed those pre-orders back in 2012.
That just goes to show you how bad the main Square Enix team is at developing games and keeping a reasonable schedule from the time
the games are first announced to the time of completion.

I think you have to call Best Buy Canada customer service and give them the order number and tell them it is a Futureshop pre-order over the phone to update it.
Unfortunately, that would involve giving your credit card details over the phone to whoever answers which is somewhat risky because I think the phone conversations are recorded.

I had to do that with Final Fantasy XV in 2016 for an order I placed in 2012 the last time that happened.

I have the same issue but I also pre-ordered one on Amazon for $10 more.
I figure if Best Buy cancels the Futureshop pre-order due to the card being expired, I will just get the amazon one for $49+ tax instead.

Amazon has good self-service order updating; but with Best Buy the only way to cancel individual items on
an order with multiple items is to call them over the phone to update it every single time.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2018
64 posts
25 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 6:55 pm
Same here. I placed those pre-orders back in 2012.
That just goes to show you how bad the main Square Enix team is at developing games and keeping a reasonable schedule from the time
the games are first announced to the time of completion.

I think you have to call Best Buy Canada customer service and give them the order number and tell them it is a Futureshop pre-order over the phone to update it.
Unfortunately, that would involve giving your credit card details over the phone to whoever answers which is somewhat risky because I think the phone conversations are recorded.

I had to do that with Final Fantasy XV in 2016 for an order I placed in 2012 the last time that happened.

I have the same issue but I also pre-ordered one on Amazon for $10 more.
I figure if Best Buy cancels the Futureshop pre-order due to the card being expired, I will just get the amazon one for $49+ tax instead.

Amazon has good self-service order updating; but with Best Buy the only way to cancel individual items on
an order with multiple items is to call them over the phone to update it every single time.
great thanks i guess i will give them a call tomorrow or monday to see if they can update my credit card details. will give them one of my lesser used cards so it'll be easier to deal with fraud if anything
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
pachimari04 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:13 am
great thanks i guess i will give them a call tomorrow or monday to see if they can update my credit card details. will give them one of my lesser used cards so it'll be easier to deal with fraud if anything
I have to do the same thing. Let us know if they try to give you the run-around.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2970 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Hey yea I recently did this, very easy just give them the order number and say it's futureshop order and they will help you out.

I updated my cc and address on file, can't wait till KH3
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1708 posts
481 upvotes
6 years waiting on a pre-order? That's nuts!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5408 posts
642 upvotes
Calgary
mind blown and speechless
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:57 am
Hey yea I recently did this, very easy just give them the order number and say it's futureshop order and they will help you out.

I updated my cc and address on file, can't wait till KH3
Did they manually change your futureshop order to a bestbuy order, or just update the CC info?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2970 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Redviper wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 11:53 am
Did they manually change your futureshop order to a bestbuy order, or just update the CC info?
Update the CC and address,

Still shows as futureshop in the emails
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2970 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
notfromqc wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 12:50 pm
I agree, but they don't charge till the game comes out so it worked out in favour as the price back then was lower
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7553 posts
2204 upvotes
For pre-orders online, you don't pay a deposit or any amount upfront.
Therefore, no loss in time value of money. The credit card is charged the original order amount when the item ships.

I also have a pre-order for Final Fantasy VII remake from 2015. That game likely won't be out until 2020 at the earliest
and at that point it will end up being a PS5 game instead.

The Last Guardian took about 7 years. It was announced for PS3 in 2009 complete with a gameplay trailer, and it ended up being a 2016 PS4 game.

notfromqc wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 12:50 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
LMAO

next-thread: how do i get extended warranty for my NCIX purchase?

FS went belly up 4 years ago, it's one game, cut your losses

i remember when FFXV was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, announced in 2006, can't trust the big Japanese devs to deliver their games while we're still young

we'll be lucky to see a full-fledged Gran Turismo game by 2021...missing an entire console generation, idgaf because it's not like my G25 wheel will work for it natively
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:26 pm
LMAO

next-thread: how do i get extended warranty for my NCIX purchase?

FS went belly up 4 years ago, it's one game, cut your losses

i remember when FFXV was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, announced in 2006, can't trust the big Japanese devs to deliver their games while we're still young

we'll be lucky to see a full-fledged Gran Turismo game by 2021...missing an entire console generation, idgaf because it's not like my G25 wheel will work for it natively
What are you talking about, "cut your losses"? Futureshop is owned by Bestbuy who specifically guaranteed that they would honor pre-orders. $40 for an $80 retail game is worth a measely phonecall.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
nevermind pre-ordering games is silly

nor should you be wanting to supporting a franchise that'd rather re-release a HD remaster 4 times instead of focusing on getting a main game finished sooner than 14 years later

Futureshop was owned by Best Buy, so what? does that mean you should bring an Oldsmobile Cutlass with lifetime warranty from the 20th century to your nearest GM dealer?

because that's how long 6 years is in game dev time

RFD gon RFD

if it's guaranteed with clear instructions, OP wouldn't need to make this thread

they'll probably do it out of good service, but don't be surprised for the retail workers to burst out laughing on the phone

"can I get an override? we have a customer with an e-mail confirmation from 2013 for $39.99"
Redviper wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 7:00 pm
What are you talking about, "cut your losses"? Futureshop is owned by Bestbuy who specifically guaranteed that they would honor pre-orders. $40 for an $80 retail game is worth a measely phonecall.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2970 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:34 am
nevermind pre-ordering games is silly

nor should you be wanting to supporting a franchise that'd rather re-release a HD remaster 4 times instead of focusing on getting a main game finished sooner than 14 years later

Futureshop was owned by Best Buy, so what? does that mean you should bring an Oldsmobile Cutlass with lifetime warranty from the 20th century to your nearest GM dealer?

because that's how long 6 years is in game dev time

RFD gon RFD

if it's guaranteed with clear instructions, OP wouldn't need to make this thread

they'll probably do it out of good service, but don't be surprised for the retail workers to burst out laughing on the phone

"can I get an override? we have a customer with an e-mail confirmation from 2013 for $39.99"
Lol you are a cheery fellow aren't you. If you bothered to read op still gets emails to this day just like the rest of us who have old futureshop pre-orders.

The op was asking about the credit card issue which I also had so i called and updated since futureshop doesn't exist and they specifically told us when it shutdown that bestbuy will handle all the orders placed so no one is laughing in our faces.

Your logic makes no sense bringing up NCIX when no one guaranted anything when they went out of business but in this case bestbuy said they will fulfill the order so in the end both me, the op and many others get a game for half price because we made an order 5 years ago. I will take that deal