• Feb 1st, 2019 3:50 pm
Tags:
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:40 am
Lol you are a cheery fellow aren't you. If you bothered to read op still gets emails to this day just like the rest of us who have old futureshop pre-orders.

The op was asking about the credit card issue which I also had so i called and updated since futureshop doesn't exist and they specifically told us when it shutdown that bestbuy will handle all the orders placed so no one is laughing in our faces.

Your logic makes no sense bringing up NCIX when no one guaranted anything when they went out of business but in this case bestbuy said they will fulfill the order so in the end both me, the op and many others get a game for half price because we made an order 5 years ago. I will take that deal
I'm pretty sure the dude is just trolling. Ignoring him might be the best course of action.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
i did read it
curious, is the e-mail with futureshop logo and all?
if you have to update a credit card over a game pre-oder and because the store doesn't exist anymore, maybe it's a sign to move on
best buy agreed to handle after sales support probably meant more like if you have an issue with extended warranty on a dishwasher 2-3 years later, less about a video game order from the 360/PS3 last-gen era

did my post turn into a semi-off topic rant based on the honest truth and fact? sure. trolling, no sir.

seeing 'futureshop pre-order' thread on RFD, perhaps i shouldn't be surprised. I just thought it was comical and made my day is all.

OP sorry for being a jerk about it...hope you do save 50% on this game.
Redviper wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:31 am
I'm pretty sure the dude is just trolling. Ignoring him might be the best course of action.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
For what it's worth, I agree that pre-ordering is generally a sucker's bet. But in this case it's a 50% savings for a game that some people want to play at launch. I'll be surprised if it dips that low again in 2019.
May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
So anyways, phoned today. Was painless. Told the rep it was a futureshop order, gave him the order number and updated my credit card.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2970 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Redviper wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 2:03 pm
For what it's worth, I agree that pre-ordering is generally a sucker's bet. But in this case it's a 50% savings for a game that some people want to play at launch. I'll be surprised if it dips that low again in 2019.
Normally true but I only preorder if there is a sale on the price to lock in that sale.

No point in pre-ordering for regular price.

Even this game I remember it was $59.99 and on sale for $39.99 which is why I did it otherwise I wouldn't have. Just so happened to work out that the dollar dropped so 33% savings turned into 50% savings lol
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1730 posts
164 upvotes
Just got off the phone, the rep was like "what do you mean you have a pre-order from 6 years ago that's shipping now?" lol
Took her awhile (with some outside assistance) to figure out how to update it.

Surprised I actually got a Bestbuy email this time telling me to confirm payment details! I am finally going to be free from those monthly Futureshop order emails!
[OP]
Oct 7, 2018
64 posts
25 upvotes
I've called and also received an email today about it.

Don't know why so many people are bitter about pre-ordering a game, I knew from the start I was getting this game which is why I pre-ordered it in the first place. It sucks that yea it took 6 years to finally release but whatever.
Thanks for pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts III. It launches on January 29, 2019 and we'll ship it out to you as soon as it's available.

To make sure you can start playing as soon as possible, please check the expiry date on the credit card you provided when you pre-ordered. We'll start verifying cards as early as January 25, 2019, depending on inventory supply, so please make sure your card expires after that date. If your card expires before January 25 the shipment will be delayed until the payment info is updated.

You can check and update your payment details on the Order Status page. In case you have any problems updating your card details, you can contact us at 1-866-237-8289 and we'll help you out.

If your card is not set to expire before January 25, then everything is good to go.

Enjoy the game and thanks for choosing Best Buy!

The Best Buy Team
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
you answered your own question

pre-orders are why I despise most publishers these days...you voted with your wallet to say this practice is acceptable

jury is out if you'll get a finished product or not...i suppose you'll find out in a few weeks
pachimari04 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:46 pm

Don't know why so many people are bitter about pre-ordering a game

it took 6 years
Russell wrote:
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

May 3, 2011
218 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
twitchyzero wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:31 am
pre-orders are why I despise most publishers these days...you voted with your wallet to say this practice is acceptable
We told them that if they do pre-orders for AAA games at 50% off, we'll buy them.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
games were $59.99 back then, it only appears to be a steal because our dollar is crap now and not on-par circa 2014

not to mention Future shop has been history and apparently so is Sony at E3

epilogue and alt ending isn't even on disc to avoid spoiler leaks, lol cop out way of saying we did't ship it finished

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... h-week-dlc
Russell wrote:

Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2246 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP, just to let you know I called Best Buy customer service to update my credit card info, and that was it. I called just at the noon hours, since their customer service centre is in B.C., so that's 9 AM over there. My wait time was almost under a minute, but I tend to find if you call them in the late afternoon or in the evening then your mileage may vary in terms of being put on hold for the next available CSR to take care of you.
Aug 28, 2007
789 posts
303 upvotes
Vancouver
Just did this as well! I called and she just created a new order for me on bestbuy.ca instead of updating all of my other information.

Kept the $39.99 price and see it my order history!
Nov 1, 2012
266 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Just received a reminder email about Kingdom Hearts 3 today as well.

They had to create a new order for me since their system would not allow my address to be changed. The preorder was 6 years old after all.

They honoured the price of 39.99. Great customer service by Best Buy.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3082 posts
792 upvotes
Ajax
Redviper wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 2:03 pm
Sucker's bet? For saving money absolutely. Been doing it since this all started with E3 being an annual event to save money on games. If one does not like to save money, surely they are the sucker.