FutureShop TV Warranty

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2013 8:33 am
Tags:
None
Nov 28, 2010
14 posts

FutureShop TV Warranty

Has anyone had any experience with their TV warranties? I was told buy one of their employees that if I take the 4 year extended warranty, I could easily get the television replaced for a new one towards the end of the warranty, if the image quality diminishes by 10% (one of their techs has to evaluate the TV).

I remember having a similar warranty with FS almost a decade ago with their dvd burners, I would pretty much get it replaced every year or so for a faster model, no questions asked, until my extended warranty was over.

I'm just wondering if what he's saying is just BS, I'm guessing the odds of losing 10% quality on a television after 4 years is pretty good.
12 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah they're in the business of renting out new TV's in perpetuity. So whatever the commissioned salesman says is the truth, you can bet the farm on it.

Logically speaking, what makes you question this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Yeah they're in the business of renting out new TV's in perpetuity. So whatever the commissioned salesman says is the truth, you can bet the farm on it.

Logically speaking, what makes you question this?
+1 LOL OP is one of the posters who come back in a few months complaining about so and so's extended warranty

@OP did you even read the pamphlet ROFL
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
131 upvotes
Montr
do not buy they will repair the TV 3 times before you get an exchange its called PSP not PRP

Plan service product

not Plan Replacement Product only products under 200$ may be exchanged

please read on futureshop.ca

btw you should make a complaint to the manager abt that employe
Nov 28, 2010
14 posts
Which pamphlet? I didn't actually buy anything, was just talking to the sales rep and he was describing to me their extended warranties
akz wrote: +1 LOL OP is one of the posters who come back in a few months complaining about so and so's extended warranty

@OP did you even read the pamphlet ROFL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
sergeh wrote: Which pamphlet? I didn't actually buy anything, was just talking to the sales rep and he was describing to me their extended warranties
then goto the site and read up on it?? make an informed decision? Its better than what anyone else is going to tell you here.
Nov 28, 2010
14 posts
Thanks tutchio, will do
tutchio wrote: do not buy they will repair the TV 3 times before you get an exchange its called PSP not PRP

Plan service product

not Plan Replacement Product only products under 200$ may be exchanged

please read on futureshop.ca

btw you should make a complaint to the manager abt that employe
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
sergeh wrote: Which pamphlet? I didn't actually buy anything, was just talking to the sales rep and he was describing to me their extended warranties
Never trust FS/BB employees making claims on extended warranty coverage. They will claim the tv is just fine when you try to file for warranty repair based on a '10 percent loss of image quality' and tell you your hdmi cables are worn out from age and you need new $300 monster cable ones.

And if you manage to get them to replace the tv under warranty after 3 successful repairs, expect them to offer a comparable unit that costs one quarter what you paid today. And you'll have to buy a whole new extended warranty for the new one.
Sep 8, 2008
733 posts
285 upvotes
I had bought a Toshiba LCD and got the extended warranty. The TV had a visible broken pixel line during the manufacturers warranty ended. I decided to wait until the Best Buys extended warranty kicked in to get it repaired. I brought in the TV and they gave me another TV of the same price, but this time it was a LED Samsung on the SAME Day. No repairs, no problems.

No comparable unit like the poster above stated just got a credit of the same amount the original TV. 3 years ago Bought a 40" Toshiba LCD for $800. A year later I was able.to get a "40 inch Samsung LED with WiFi and smartTV for $800. Luckily there was a sale.
I was one who always declined the extended warranties, but at the time, they gave me a good discount on it. I also had an extended warranty on an Xbox 360 which I took advantage of too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
zeeden wrote: I had bought a Toshiba LCD and got the extended warranty. The TV had a visible broken pixel line during the manufacturers warranty ended. I decided to wait until the Best Buys extended warranty kicked in to get it repaired. I brought in the TV and they gave me another TV of the same price, but this time it was a LED Samsung on the SAME Day. No repairs, no problems.

No comparable unit like the poster above stated just got a credit of the same amount the original TV. 3 years ago Bought a 40" Toshiba LCD for $800. A year later I was able.to get a "40 inch Samsung LED with WiFi and smartTV for $800. Luckily there was a sale.
I was one who always declined the extended warranties, but at the time, they gave me a good discount on it. I also had an extended warranty on an Xbox 360 which I took advantage of too.
I smell bull.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
[IMG]https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_i ... b2afb1.gif[/IMG]
zeeden wrote: I had bought a Toshiba LCD and got the extended warranty. The TV had a visible broken pixel line during the manufacturers warranty ended. I decided to wait until the Best Buys extended warranty kicked in to get it repaired. I brought in the TV and they gave me another TV of the same price, but this time it was a LED Samsung on the SAME Day. No repairs, no problems.

Nov 28, 2006
160 posts
2 upvotes
My little baby throw something on my 55 Samsung 3D TV, which cause some small scratches look really bad now. I bought the extended warranty from future shop for 300 will they replace my tv.?