• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2012 12:38 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 29, 2009
85 posts
Scarborough

Futureshop Warranty - How to opt out?

I opted for future shop warranty for my apple iphone. It costs me 12$ per month. I have been paying this for past one year. At this tough times i do not want to pay this 12$ per month for a warranty for iphone by futureshop. How can i opt out of this?

Any help / suggestion is appreciated and very much waited for.
9 replies
Nov 29, 2006
162 posts
23 upvotes
Brampton
saitsameer wrote: I opted for future shop warranty for my apple iphone. It costs me 12$ per month. I have been paying this for past one year. At this tough times i do not want to pay this 12$ per month for a warranty for iphone by futureshop. How can i opt out of this?

Any help / suggestion is appreciated and very much waited for.

Afaik, its a 2/3 year term based contract and like any other contract, if you were to terminate this prematurely, you will have to pay some sort of fine. You can either pay the penalty or keep on paying the monthly fee and tell them to replace your phone for a problem you are having (perhaps signal loss or something?).
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3160 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
You had up until 30 days after your purchase date to return it. As it has been said, nothing you can do except continue to pay it or pay the break fee.
Aug 29, 2009
85 posts
Scarborough
0xffff wrote: You had up until 30 days after your purchase date to return it. As it has been said, nothing you can do except continue to pay it or pay the break fee.

Thanks... How much will be the break fee? Its a 3 year extended warranty
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2696 posts
592 upvotes
North York
saitsameer wrote: Thanks... How much will be the break fee? Its a 3 year extended warranty

$12/mo * 36mo=$432. That's an expensive warranty, in the future you'd be better off putting your $12/mo in a piggy bank, then you could buy a phone outright every 3 years.

Sorry don't have any advice on breaking your warranty contract, you need to get a copy of the terms, read it and see what options you have (likely very few).
Aug 29, 2009
85 posts
Scarborough
Has anyone been successful to break the warranty?
Feb 9, 2011
883 posts
131 upvotes
Montr
How many times we have to tell you, you cannot abord a futureshop cellphone warranty
Jun 9, 2008
478 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
Can I ask why did you get the warranty in the first place? Futureshop/Bestbuy warranties are the biggest scams.

The iphone has applecare and I rather go to apple to service the phone than futureshop.

I suggest you contact Futureshop and ask them directly.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1755 posts
723 upvotes
The Capital
smash phone, get BNIB unit - sell on B/S/T or kijiji.

Get a used iPhone, net out 0$ in the end with profit/cost
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2619 posts
1110 upvotes
Winnipeg
tutchio wrote: How many times we have to tell you, you cannot abord a futureshop cellphone warranty

Lmfao. Yes you can, it'll cost though. Read before you attempt to look smart

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)