None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23835 posts
5053 upvotes
GTHA

FX's Fargo, Head back north for an all new story April 19th

FX has released the first promo spot teasing their upcoming small screen adaptation of the Coen Brothers' Fargo. It's a simple spot featuring Billy Bob Thornton's character, Lorne Malvo, "a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played by Martin Freeman."

The show also stars Colin Hanks as Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly, "a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety when he comes face-to-face with a killer." As for the rest of the cast we've got,

[INDENT] Bob Odenkirk as Deputy Bill Olson, a Bemidji deputy with seniority over his younger, smarter and more ambitious fellow deputy, Molly Solverson, played by Allison Tolman, who will be a series regular Oliver Platt will play Stavros Milos, the Supermarket King of Minnesota. Kate Walsh will star as Gina Hess, a former stripper and mother of teenaged twin boys. Glenn Howerton will play Don Chumph, an ambitious personal trainer. Joey King will play Gus's daughter, Greta Grimly and Peter Breitmayer will play Lieutenant Schmidt, Gus's superior officer. Tom Musgrave will portray Bo Munk, Lester's boss at the Bo Munk Insurance Shop, and Josh Close will play Ron Nygaard, Lester's younger and more successful brother. Russell Harvard and Adam Goldberg will play members of the Fargo Crime Syndicate, Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers, respectively – Mr. Wrench is the muscle. Mr. Numbers is the mouth.
[/INDENT]

The 10-episode series is set to be start this spring.

Source: http://geektyrant.com/news/promo-for-fx ... b-thornton

Key & Peele Join the Cast of 'Fargo'
"They’ll be playing FBI agents in a four episode arc."

Source: http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/key-pe ... e-true.php
Last edited by tk1000 on Feb 26th, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
109 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5366 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Fargo is one of the best modern dark comedy/thrillers made but I can't see the Coens going forward with making their one time thing become a show (they've never been involved in a sequel of any kind).

Anyone have any info on that?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23835 posts
5053 upvotes
GTHA
newt_101 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2014 9:48 pm
Fargo is one of the best modern dark comedy/thrillers made but I can't see the Coens going forward with making their one time thing become a show (they've never been involved in a sequel of any kind).

Anyone have any info on that?
Coen Brothers are producing this series and Adam Bernstein (Breaking Bad) directing the first episode.
This is not a sequel, it is an all-new ‘true crime’ story with a new case and characters all seeped in the humor, murder and “Minnesota nice.”

Source: http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/here-i ... -fargo.php
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5366 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2014 10:01 pm
Coen Brothers are producing this series and Adam Bernstein (Breaking Bad) directing the first episode.
This is not a sequel, it is an all-new ‘true crime’ story with a new case and characters all seeped in the humor, murder and “Minnesota nice.”

Source: http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/here-i ... -fargo.php
I think Showtime has been responsible for Louie and The Shield (both excellent), so I hope this show turns out to be good!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23835 posts
5053 upvotes
GTHA
newt_101 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2014 10:08 pm
I think Showtime has been responsible for Louie and The Shield (both excellent), so I hope this show turns out to be good!
I thought FX (owned by Fox) was responsible for Louie and The Shield.
Showtime is owned by CBS.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody watch? Thoughts?
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1864 posts
1160 upvotes
Montreal
I found it pretty good. Definitely gonna watch a few more episodes before deciding whether it's worth my time or not :P
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3754 posts
724 upvotes
Sask.
I thought it was really good! Hopefully it continues the same way, developing the characters.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1038 posts
55 upvotes
Hamilton
Really enjoyed the first episode, unfortunately only episode one aired on FX, all other episodes will air on FXX which I don't get. > :(
Oct 13, 2001
479 posts
30 upvotes
Saw the premier last night and have the second episode ready to go on the DVR tonight ... I'm really liking it so far.

The scene between Billy Bob and Son of Hanks at the end was fantastic ... and creepy

Looking forward to see where they go with this
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5366 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Wonderful.

4 episodes in I think it's safe to say that I found Fargo to be a great show to watch after the high that True Detective left me on.
However, after Tuesday's episode, I would highly recommend anyone who watches or plans to watch the show to ensure they are familiar with the Coens' film it's based on.
Excited to see how much further entangled the show and film become.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1969 posts
441 upvotes
Surrey
I watched the first 4 episodes and so far pretty good. Unique characters and story.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3754 posts
724 upvotes
Sask.
I've kept up watching it, it's definitely amazeballs.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3754 posts
724 upvotes
Sask.
Great episode this week - so interesting that they sped it up a year.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1969 posts
441 upvotes
Surrey
Yes, it is getting better and better. Fish dropping from skies to snow storm.
Who is real bad Lester or Lorne Malvo?