• Jul 16th, 2017 8:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
i still like the show but not like when it first started....the kid & the older woman in the antique shop i find very SLOW...stupid that he went outside to buy her smokes..*sheesh*

how about some background on how the creature came to be?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1049 posts
57 upvotes
Hamilton
This last episode (9/21) was just not good one bit, leave a secure facility to get smokes? Go into the tunnels to take out the master and then what followed was just really really dumb. The old guy has been the most level headed the whole time and all of a sudden loses it. :facepalm: bad episode.
Apr 24, 2006
229 posts
16 upvotes
If you turn off your brain and just watch it for entertainment (like most TV shows); IMO The Strain is enjoyable...
Sep 10, 2014
533 posts
89 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I enjoy the show and I understand that you need to put characters in danger to build suspense; that can be done without them doing idiotic things. The kid leaving the store, everything associated with the tunnel and the master; how are these people still alive when they do such idiotic things.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6132 posts
1005 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
The 'Master' looks completely ridiculous.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
I just started this show earlier today and I somehow managed to plow through 7 episodes. The first three episodes glued me into my chair because the way how they thicken the plot with the "infected".

As others mentioned, the show reminded me of a combination of the fringe and blade 2. There were some pretty cheesy scenes but when watching shows like this I tend to turn off half my brain simply enjoy the action.

Im definitely going to try to finish this off as im intrigued to seen how they're going to kill the masrer
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
willyxjai wrote: I just started this show earlier today and I somehow managed to plow through 7 episodes. The first three episodes glued me into my chair because the way how they thicken the plot with the "infected".

As others mentioned, the show reminded me of a combination of the fringe and blade 2. There were some pretty cheesy scenes but when watching shows like this I tend to turn off half my brain simply enjoy the action.

Im definitely going to try to finish this off as im intrigued to seen how they're going to kill the masrer
Spoiler Alert....there is a Season 2 coming.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
Ok storyline but whole show is pretty comical. The bad acting, cheesy dead bodies, the master's halloween mask is actually working for them. Where did he get that mask from?, a party store?. :lol:

I actually watched it because its a comedy. Cant wait for S2.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2005
3846 posts
102 upvotes
Hamilton
Scorpionsy wrote: Spoiler Alert....there is a Season 2 coming.
I think thats just an assumption. really the whole show revolves around KILLING THE MASTER.

PS...when does season 2 start?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Remind me guys, is the Master the traitor of the SWAT's three masters?
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
IS there anywhere you can watch this? I thought about checking it out.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
sonic wrote: I think thats just an assumption. really the whole show revolves around KILLING THE MASTER.

PS...when does season 2 start?
It's coming alright...Season 2...when? I am not sure...probably by late summer/fall because they just recently started shooting the Season 2 episodes.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Super strokey wrote: IS there anywhere you can watch this? I thought about checking it out.
You can find it on web streaming sites if you google search it....or if you want to go the illegal/shady way...torrents.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: Remind me guys, is the Master the traitor of the SWAT's three masters?
Honestly, I can't remember. I know they SWAT guys want to stop him because they don't want an all out human/vampire fallout or something.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
yea but didn't they report to three vamps which were kinda sleeping? Or am I mixing this with something else?
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
jenviea wrote:
You mean every main character isn't dead yet from pure survival stupidity????

I like the concept of the show so far but man after watching S1 I'm wondering if I can stomach S2. I know timeline it's only been like 1wk since the original airplane event but at the same time every character should have died or been infected by now by their sheer stupidity.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)