• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2013 6:34 am
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2010
3 posts
Kitchener, ont
thanks but 1 big problem...... i didn't need a G2 - I am alowed go from a G1 straight to a G test, its the only concession i got for my driving history
Nov 21, 2010
3 posts
Kitchener, ont
test passed!! tester was actually quiite nice........ so everybody hit Stratford for the G test
Jan 15, 2004
274 posts
1 upvote
anyone have the route for the lindsay g2 exit (g test) - any help would be really appreciated! Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
bluetroll wrote:
Feb 15th, 2005 5:40 pm
remember

CHECK YOUR BLINDSPOT!!! MAKE IT OBVIOUS!!!

Totally agree with this statement. Make sure you overdo it so that the tester knows you are doing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
134 upvotes
vchan81 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 8:01 am
Totally agree with this statement. Make sure you overdo it so that the tester knows you are doing it.

o_O...

You should always check your blind spot anyways...should be second nature now.
Mar 15, 2011
157 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi everyone,
I have my g2 road test in Oshawa coming monday at around 2 :30 i wanted to know some tips and want to know tht if this time slot is really gonna be busy or not.... I am really nervous
Plz help !
Thanks
Jun 7, 2011
1 posts
STIRLING
i am going to take my g driving test in a couple days and i am so nervous , I drive a big pickup truck and have never parellel parked with it . I am 27 weeks pregnat and my licence expires 3 days before my due date . SO worried about failing because of not wanting to parellel park , cant aford to fail with baby #6 so close to being due, and all those upcoming doc. appointments that no one can take me to.I hope they wont fail you for not doing a parellel park.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
3772 posts
219 upvotes
cloudmist wrote:
Jun 8th, 2011 1:49 pm
i am going to take my g driving test in a couple days and i am so nervous , I drive a big pickup truck and have never parellel parked with it . I am 27 weeks pregnat and my licence expires 3 days before my due date . SO worried about failing because of not wanting to parellel park , cant aford to fail with baby #6 so close to being due, and all those upcoming doc. appointments that no one can take me to.I hope they wont fail you for not doing a parellel park.

its not mandatory to do a parallel park to pass. Just show the examiner that you can drive and your good to go. When i did my G 1.5 years ago, it was literally done in about 5 minutes. Got on the DVP while its busy, took the first exit, turned and went straight back on the DVP and exit back into the test centre and i was done. I didn't have to do any parking or anything... I guess it was cause the fact that i told him i drive 7 days a week and take highway 3 to 4 times a day. Also because the DVP was busy but not stop and go (so around 70kmph at the time) so it would be hard for new drivers to lane change. I just signaled, look to see i have a little bit of space, slightly go on the side of my lane to indicate to the other driver that i want to switch over, the other driver let me go in, and i thanked him and thats about it.

However, on my G2 i did have to do parallel and 3 point turn and all that jazz. G test is different from G2, because when your getting your G you already have driving experience, so they just test to see if you can drive properly or not. G2, you are kind of a new driver, so they want to test more things that you are not yet used to.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6540 posts
262 upvotes
York
I'm doing my G2 exit test (G) next week. When driving on the highway, which lane do I use? The right most lane (where cars that are entering the freeway merge to the left), or the lane to left of that lane (if that makes sense..). My guess would be the lane to the left of it, because if I was merging onto the highway I wouldn't want my lane to be full. Correct me if I'm wrong please :)
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1037 posts
55 upvotes
Hamilton
dankup wrote:
Sep 5th, 2011 6:56 pm
I'm doing my G2 exit test (G) next week. When driving on the highway, which lane do I use? The right most lane (where cars that are entering the freeway merge to the left), or the lane to left of that lane (if that makes sense..). My guess would be the lane to the left of it, because if I was merging onto the highway I wouldn't want my lane to be full. Correct me if I'm wrong please :)

Travel in the far right lane unless passing, if people are merging and there is no space move to the left one lane if it is safe to do so.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6540 posts
262 upvotes
York
SCEvan wrote:
Sep 5th, 2011 7:08 pm
Travel in the far right lane unless passing, if people are merging and there is no space move to the left one lane if it is safe to do so.

Alright, thanks a lot :)
Sep 14, 2011
1 posts
MISSISSAUGA
I just had my G Road Test in Oakville this PM and what a horrible result and assesment. This Examiner littered my exam sheet with "Uneven Speed" in Highway, Business district and even in a Three point turn. Where the hell can you see an uneven speed in a 3 point turn where you basically just making a turn to drive in the opposite side of the road instead of a U-turn. And in the QEW; its been busy that time of the day at around 1:30 p.m. and he wants me to maintain a speed of 100km/hour in the presence of a trailer in front of me that is running at 80-90 km/hr and in changing lanes where cars and all types of vehicles are present. IMO maintaining the prescribed speed in a Highway depends on the traffic and road condition as i read in the Drivers Manual. This particular examiner doesn't have a hint of consideration on that aspect all he know is hit the 100km/hr regardless of the traffic around your vehicle. Road Test here in GTA is a brisk business when you can get lucky on your test day and be included in the quota/numbers that they will pass. It also depends on the type of examiner you will be assigned; if he/she is nice or an a**hole like the one i encountered just this afternoon. Now, i'm thinking if we have some sort of a government agency to go to report/appeal this kind of results/assesment.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1037 posts
55 upvotes
Hamilton
I believe the examiner is a major factor during the test, I took my very first G2 test at the Hamilton Kenora location and it was a horrible experience. Did my G2 and G in Burlington and it was great (one try for each), both times the examiners were very reasonable. Before my G test I was actually told "if you need to go above the speed limit to merge safely do it!" It was a bit busy at the Burlington location during my G test (1:25pm) but was extremely easy to do the lane changes on the highway, once traffic picks up you just stay a safe distance and keep with the pace (if slower then speed limit). As for reporting it to the government they wont do a thing, Drive Test is a private company which the government pays to do the testing. All I can recommend is book your test at the Burlington location, and hope you don't get a (insert expletive here) examiner, which is really a 50/50 chance it seems.
Mar 14, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
CHARLESBOURG
Hello! Sorry to resurrect an old topic but it really calmed my nerves and I thought the least I could do is contribute. I did my drive test today and successfully got my G! I've scanned and uploaded a picture of the examination sheet so everyone can take a look at what we're being graded on. Good luck to all!

Click here for the image! (I had it inline before but it was too big.)

Apparently a tick in a box is a bad thing - the only ticks you want are under "completed" on the very bottom. Again, good luck to everyone!
× < >