Automotive

G Test: Can I use a Hatchback car. Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2017 10:00 am
[OP]
Dec 2, 2017
0 posts

G Test: Can I use a Hatchback car. Toronto

Can any one provide me information that if hatchback car is allowed in G test. I always see people using sedan car for G test .
Please reply ?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2900 posts
768 upvotes
Mississauga
I don’t think it matters what kind of car you use. Just be familiar with it and make sure it’s roadworthy.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2567 posts
443 upvotes
hatchbacks are no lesser than any other car

Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17184 posts
1232 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Yes, of course you can. You can’t use any assistant tech though like systems that parallel park for you or back up cameras I believe.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5642 posts
1548 upvotes
You can use any car - though I often wonder if the examiner is influenced in any way (negatively?) when a young person shows up in a very expensive vehicle.
Jan 23, 2015
625 posts
210 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Going back many years ago, I used my parent's minivan do to my G2 and G test.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10413 posts
868 upvotes
Mississauga
Evil Baby wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:26 am
Yes, of course you can. You can’t use any assistant tech though like systems that parallel park for you or back up cameras I believe.
Do they cover up the backup camera so you can't use it?
Sep 18, 2009
137 posts
30 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:04 am
They didn't cover up mine but made me disable my dashcam.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2878 posts
2266 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Evil Baby wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:26 am
What about proximity parking assist? I find those more useful because you can still keep your eyes while listening for the proximity instead of backup camera where you are either looking directly or at the camera.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17184 posts
1232 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Talamasca wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:04 am
er34er34 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:42 am
What about proximity parking assist? I find those more useful because you can still keep your eyes while listening for the proximity instead of backup camera where you are either looking directly or at the camera.
I'm not expert, just re-writing what I've read on these forums. That being said, I think they just expect you to use your mirrors when backing into a parking spot instead of looking down at your monitor. As for proximity sensors, I'm not sure what they've done with those in the past but even with them, you're still required to know of your surroundings when backing into a parking spot.

I think the fear is, if the only way you know how to back up a car is to look at your monitor via the backup camera what happens if it gets dirty from snow/salt or goes faulty? With proximity sensor, you at least still know how to back up a vehicle.