• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2008 2:28 am
Tags:
None
Feb 28, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote

G1 expired, what now?

Does anybody know what happens if your G1 expires, do i have to redo all over again and have to wait another year before I can attempt my road testing? anyone know? I kinda let things slip , it just expired in dec, stupid me.
7 replies
Banned
Dec 16, 2007
78 posts
Mississauga
yes. You have to repay the fees, wait a year or 8 months and a year again for your Full G
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3646 upvotes
Gotta start all over again ... G1 > G2 > G

You 'kinda' let things slip for a bit too long ... 5yrs to be exact!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1726 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
yup you have to redo everything again

sigh guess 5 years is not enuff for u OP
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1246 posts
105 upvotes
This happened to me last year, so you're not alone in the procrastination department. :razz: You'll have to repay the fee, however since you never took your road test, they'll credit you with $40, or however much the G2 costs. You should also be able to book your road test as soon as you pass your written (but make sure to clarify this while they're taking care of the paperwork).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6478 posts
149 upvotes
My friend had his g2 expired but he was somehow able to get some sort of extension because he claims that his g test will be right after his g2's expiration date. Don't know if you are able to do the same though.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 21, 2006
200 posts
For me, there was some grace period for G test. I wrote mine about a week after my g2 expired. (Just one time tho)
Not sure about G2 test.

Go to this website and see if you can book one,
https://www.rtbo.rus.mto.gov.on.ca/scri ... /index.asp
if you can book it online that means there is a grace period for G2 test as well :)

BTW... I failed that G test, so had to do everything again..lol
[OP]
Feb 28, 2007
6 posts
1 upvote
Darn that sucks, yeah i let things slip, I was away from canada for a good part of that 5 years so I didnt really get a chance to make it happen.

Thing is now im planning to move away again so I was looking for a fast way to finish here since its a heck ofa lot cheaper than overseas for driving school. Anyway I can stil take the test and get the license issued at the end of the 8 months?

(long shot but heck who knows..)
× < >