G2 Exit / G Driving Test (Highway) Routes in Oshawa

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2016 1:03 am
May 22, 2008
2 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

G2 Exit / G Driving Test (Highway) Routes in Oshawa

I just passed my G2 exit / G test (with highway) in Oshawa about two weeks ago. Prior to the test, I had failed at Peterborough once. (I'm from Toronto btw.) I then decided to fire my instructor and practice on my own, and to do the test in Oshawa by myself. So I practiced several times with a Zipcar on the weekends, got to know the area really well, before I took the test (again with a Zipcar!) The driving test area is really quiet on the weekends, making it perfect for self-practice. Also, try to book your test on a week day from 1pm to 2:30pm. There are fewer cars on the road during this time frame. I'm very happy I did all the practice myself and of course exercised all the tips my previous instructor gave me. It also gave me enormous confidence driving by myself on the road. If you think you can do it on your own, you should do it!

This is my test route:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52251229/Oshawa/oshawa_me.gif

These two are the ones I found online and used for my practice:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52251229/Oshawa/oshawag.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52251229/Oshawa/attachment.jpg

The basic ideas:
(1) First, you'll get tested for (a) emergency parking, (b) three point turn, AND (c) parallel parking in a residential area around the DriveTest Centre.
(2) You'll get on the highway twice, and do lane change on the highway.
(3) You'll go through a commercial strip/area.

The order of (2) and (3) can be flexible, but (1) usually happens at the beginning.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
3644 posts
217 upvotes
Scarborough
After 4 years, congrats on your first post. However if would have been better suited here
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merged-o ... ad-354230/
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3124 posts
90 upvotes
Guys, I just passed my G test in Oshawa. It was actually rather easy but can be tricky. I was told to do

a) Emergency Parking / Roadside Stop
b) Three Point Turn
c) Parallel Parking
d) Enter and exit the Expressway twice (in both cases to change lane to the left and then back to the right)
e) Turn left on a one-way street (this is the tricky part, make sure you are on the very left lane- I almost failed here!)
f) Front park

The easiest parts to the test was Emergency Parking and Three Point Turn. I didn't lose any points here. One thing I learned from my instructor about parallel parking is you can go as far as back as you want (you don't have to presume a vehicle is behind you). Just make sure not to hit the curb!
Dec 8, 2013
1 posts
Joshray wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 7:03 am
Guys, I just passed my G test in Oshawa. It was actually rather easy but can be tricky. I was told to do

a) Emergency Parking / Roadside Stop
b) Three Point Turn
c) Parallel Parking
d) Enter and exit the Expressway twice (in both cases to change lane to the left and then back to the right)
e) Turn left on a one-way street (this is the tricky part, make sure you are on the very left lane- I almost failed here!)
f) Front park

The easiest parts to the test was Emergency Parking and Three Point Turn. I didn't lose any points here. One thing I learned from my instructor about parallel parking is you can go as far as back as you want (you don't have to presume a vehicle is behind you). Just make sure not to hit the curb!

may i know which street?
Nov 16, 2014
128 posts
10 upvotes
Markham, ON
Passed today on my first shot - Oshawa :)
Jan 5, 2016
1 posts
That really helped.

i got G from Oshawa today. I had a test previously in Port Union, but didn't work out.
Its kind of difficult in Port union compared to Oshawa. In oshawa he inner route may not be similar all the time. They frequently takes deviation here and there..
But the highway enter,exit might always be the same. The highway is not crowded, so that helps a lot.
my test was at 9 AM though.

Things to notice in Oshawa

- Do not have frequent speed limit signs. So keep the speed around 50, apart from residential zones
- Frequent one-way stop sings. look for that
- There are some part or children zone. limit speed there
Feb 27, 2016
1 posts
I have tried it in downsview once but didn't work out. I'm so happy that i tired it in Oshawa. Your comments halped me a lot. I'll try to remember my route n post it for u guys.
Thank you so much guys for the help
× < >