Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
G2A

Locked: Superhot, Dirt 3, Lords Of The Fallen Digital Deluxe, Syberia 1&2 for €2.50 + €0.35 fee

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2017 1:38 pm
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
138 posts
150 upvotes
EverybodyKnows wrote: Let's try an analogy.

If there's a butcher shop in town that sells rotten meat to thousands of its customers, but hasn't yet sold any to you, do you understand why people might say don't buy meat there?

Think it over. Take your time.
ok and those thousands of customers is like 10 percent or less of all of their customers
in a public market place setting aswell
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
TakeyaX wrote: ok and those thousands of customers is like 10 percent or less of all of their customers
Okay first of all, you have no idea what the numbers are.

Second, would a 10% revocation rate be acceptable to you? That's pretty horrendous.

The evidence of rotten meat is out there. It's your choice to ignore it if you want, but to encourage others to ignore it is irresponsible and malicious.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
138 posts
150 upvotes
EverybodyKnows wrote: Okay first of all, you have no idea what the numbers are.

Second, would a 10% revocation rate be acceptable to you? That's pretty horrendous.

The evidence of rotten meat is out there. It's your choice to ignore it if you want, but to encourage others to ignore it is irresponsible and malicious.
do you think amazon ebay craigslist and kijij is not the same? or worse? as a marketplace
im sure theres more then 10% of unsatisfied costumers for those websites
difference is those companies make more then g2a for sure
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
TakeyaX wrote: do you think amazon ebay craigslist and kijij is not the same? or worse? as a marketplace
im sure theres more then 10% of unsatisfied costumers for those websites
difference is those companies make more then g2a for sure
Ebay has a well-respected, established feedback system and multiple safeguards with Paypal. Craigslist, you know what you're getting into. Kijiji, same deal. Those are classified/auction sites, not "marketplaces" aka agents like G2A.

The reason those sites do not have as bad a reputation as G2A is because they aren't there to enable scammers - G2A is, and does as little as possible to protect consumers.

"Shield" is a great example. First of all, they know they have such a problem that they sell this service to begin with. And yes, they sell it. That's how little they believe in their product, that they have to sell you what is basically insurance just to use their shady website.

What you're trying to say is "I accept the risks" but instead you're sticking up for G2A because you have yet to have a bad experience. But guess what, your "good experience" is irrelevant, because that is the expected outcome in a financial transaction. What matters are the bad experiences, when people lose money, get scammed, etc. Those are what are notable. Those are what I am talking about.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
May 30, 2015
845 posts
457 upvotes
Qc
AllanT232 wrote: don't know why g2a gets such a bad rap did alot of people get scammed on here or something?
i've bought several games from them without g2a shield and none of them has been revoked or removed because stolen. (oldest games 2 years or older)

it's the same in every market place there will be scammers.
you don't see people saying ebay and amazon sucks because they have scammers.
how many times have people posted amazon stuff like headphones or games or etc and the seller has like no reviews and it looks like a scam for couple of bucks.

sure g2a won't help you get your money back unless you paid for g2a shield but they aren't exactly a multi billion dollar company like ebay and amazon which sell thousands of items every hour.
but if you pick a seller with 1000+ reviews you will prob be fine, they most likely rather lose that couple bucks than to lose their good ratings, and also stick to cd keys and not steam gifts because steam gifts can be purchased from stolen credit cards and then revoked after.
the bulk of games that have the most keys for sale are the ones from humble bundles or other bundle websites.

i even bought planet coaster key off of them for 30$ when it was on sale for 50$ on steam
no problems here, picked a seller with 10,000 reviews with serial key and not steam gift.
some will say that extra 20$ you would have just bought it on steam but i actually got 4 more games for 20$ ( mafia 2 , remember me , alan wake , legend of heroes trails in the sky )
I always buy my games from cdkeys, g2a or gmg. Almost never from Steam. Anyway, a few weeks ago I bought a key for The Division and I didnt pay for the "Shield". I received a key but it was for some sort of beta that was already over. So I complain to g2a and got a new key in less than 6 hours.

One bad experience in 4-5 years dealing with them, not bad. Will I buy from g2a again ? Of course I will !

And btw, unless the key comes from a Humble Bundle, the developers get 100% of the money related to that key. There is no such thing as a key generator for Steam, kids, wake up.
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Eli2015 wrote: And btw, unless the key comes from a Humble Bundle, the developers get 100% of the money related to that key. There is no such thing as a key generator for Steam, kids, wake up.
Who said anything about a "key generator for Steam"?

How can you say "Kids, wake up" when you're so completely out of the loop?

TinyBuild had $450,000 worth of fraudulently obtained keys put up for sale on G2A, which G2A refused to do anything about.

G2A is basically a marketplace for criminals to turn illegitimate money into legitimate money, and G2A itself is complicit by a) ignoring the problem and worse, b) attempting to profit off of a problem they created by pushing their useless Shield service on customers.

If you insist on burying your head in the sand, at least don't encourage others to do the same.

Perhaps the chart in this article would help you: http://twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going ... e-instead/

Your view is shown under G2A (naive).
May 30, 2015
845 posts
457 upvotes
Qc
EverybodyKnows wrote: Who said anything about a "key generator for Steam"?

How can you say "Kids, wake up" when you're so completely out of the loop?

TinyBuild had $450,000 worth of fraudulently obtained keys put up for sale on G2A, which G2A refused to do anything about.

G2A is basically a marketplace for criminals to turn illegitimate money into legitimate money, and G2A itself is complicit by a) ignoring the problem and worse, b) attempting to profit off of a problem they created by pushing their useless Shield service on customers.

If you insist on burying your head in the sand, at least don't encourage others to do the same.

Perhaps the chart in this article would help you: http://twinfinite.net/2016/06/dev-going ... e-instead/

Your view is shown under G2A (naive).

you are so clueless on how publishing works... You should just stop posting on these threads instead of spreading your ignorance, seriously.

Edit: You should investigate a little more about Doucet's pathetic claims. Oh and if a key is paid with a stolen credit card, he does receive the money btw. You would be surprise of how many publishers are actually using g2a to sell their own games. They prefer to sell cheap rather than getting nothing.
Edit2: I used to work for probably the biggest software publisher on earth and g2a was never a problem for us, weird, no ?
May 30, 2015
845 posts
457 upvotes
Qc
more from: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDouc ... encies.php

EDIT: To be extremely crystal clear, I am not really bothered by 3rd-party key resellers who do not traffic in stolen goods. If they're just exploiting arbitrage, I got paid for that first sale and a key can only be redeemed once, anyway, so I don't really care. But I do care about fraud, theft, and chargebacks.

So he doesnt care and got paid, what a great guy. Why are the pathetic claims then ?? Oh yeah, his transactional website **** up big time time and G2A has to pay for that, I forgot.

EDIT 2: G2A's defenders keep coming back with:

"a majority of the keys aren't stolen so it's ok!"
"it's not their fault, everyone has fraud!"
"there's nothing they can do!"
Right now on G2A there are users who have hundreds or thousands of negative feedbacks for selling broken keys (ie most likely stolen) and yet they remain top rated. Not low-scoring. Certainly not BANNED. Top-rated. They literally aren't even TRYING, this is such low-hanging fruit. Sell enough bad keys and your reputation & account should get trashed.
I only buy from resellers with 99% positive

So basically, G2A is like the Amazon store and ebay. I will let them deal with the REAL thieves.

Next.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2611 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op great price for superhot
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Eli2015 wrote: you are so clueless on how publishing works... You should just stop posting on these threads instead of spreading your ignorance, seriously.
Bahaha.

"My dad works for Valve" doesn't explain away the thousands of instances of people having keys revoked by scammers on G2A. Your defense of this garbage is really sad.
May 30, 2015
845 posts
457 upvotes
Qc
EverybodyKnows wrote: Bahaha.

"My dad works for Valve" doesn't explain away the thousands of instances of people having keys revoked by scammers on G2A. Your defense of this garbage is really sad.
bahahaha ? My dad ? Valve is the biggest publisher in the world ?
That comment says a lot about you...

You dont deserve more time from me so dont expect more replies from me.
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Eli2015 wrote: my dad ? Valve is the biggest publisher in the world ?
And you not understanding my comment says a lot about you, mostly that it confirms what I thought.

Google it.
Eli2015 wrote: You dont deserve more time from me so dont expect more replies from me.
Translation: "I got caught in a lie and this is my desperate attempt to save face."
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
138 posts
150 upvotes
Eli2015 wrote: bahahaha ? My dad ? Valve is the biggest publisher in the world ?

You dont deserve more time from me so dont expect more replies from me.
its like he likes acquiring downvotes in this thread or something
no need to reply to haters
just check his profile more downvotes than upvotes from members and he downvotes 6x more than he upvotes in a public forum where people post up deals for other poeple
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
TakeyaX wrote: its like he likes acquiring downvotes in this thread or something
no need to reply to haters
just check his profile more downvotes than upvotes from members and he downvotes 6x more than he upvotes in a public forum where people post up deals for other poeple
I'm glad we're not making this personal or anything....

You're sad.
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
138 posts
150 upvotes
EverybodyKnows wrote: I'm glad we're not making this personal or anything....

You're sad.
whatever you say asshole/douchbag hater
go downvote more people since that's what you're good for in this forum
soon to be 7x more downvotes than upvotes that you give to other redflagdeal members, in human society that is considered a dick move
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
TakeyaX wrote: whatever you say *******/douchbag hater
It's too bad we can't all follow your model behaviour... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 16, 2010
810 posts
246 upvotes
EverybodyKnows wrote: 1. Steam sale prices almost always beat G2A prices.
2. Steam is an authorized reseller, so you will never get **** over by buying illegitimate keys. This is how they protect their customers - by not creating a market for scammers.
3. Steam is the reason many of the games on G2A even exist.
Have you bought from G2A before? Where is your excessive hate towards that site coming from?

I'm probably losing my time here but I'll still try to explain my point of view starting from your 3 points with this massive post/rant :

1. For new releases that weren't part of a graphics card bundle, you're mostly right, though I'd say GMG usually beats them both by at least 10%, and I'm only talking about Canada here. Like I've said before, we're lucky here since Steam doesn't add taxes (yet) to canadian sales and their currency conversion is mostly fair (so far). It might not be always the case though.

A good comparison would be the playstation store, where they still don't charge taxes but sometimes unfair conversion (ex. right now, you can get the BF1/TF2 deluxe bundle for $50 USD (which equals to $65 CAD at the current rate) while they're charging us $85 on the canadian store), or the xbox store where both taxes and unfair conversion applies, making their prices almost higher than everyone else for us.

So anyway, that's why I've said before that most of my customers were from Europe, where I think VAT (Value added tax) can add up to 30% on their bill, while >80% of the games/keys are region free and can be bought from a canadian like me even if I'm selling for higher than the current canadian Steam price.

Basically, for newer games, buying from G2A doesn't make much sense for us canadians unless you're also a seller there and want to use your funds balance to get something instead of withdrawing it (with fees), but it's often a great deal for other countries.

For older games though, G2A often beats Steam (I'd say more than >50% of the time) if there's no current Steam sale, and especially if the game was recently featured in a bundle.

2. You're comparing apples and oranges here. Steam is more than an authorized reseller, it's a platform holder in the same vein as Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo is. You can't buy anything that's not usable on their Steam platform (which also acts as DRM) from their marketplace. Sure, there are some very old games where Steam actually downloads an executable that technically can run without Steam, but they're not selling Uplay/Origin/Microsoft Store keys at all.

If they did, they would need a protection system similar to what G2A offers because otherwise people would buy an Origin key from Steam, activate it on an unlinked account, then ask Steam for a refund because "the key didn't work".

So anyway, Steam doesn't "protect their customers by not creating a market for scammers", they protect their business by having a model which facilitates buying straight from them. I'm not saying force people (like Apple does) since they tolerate resellers, but that could change at any moment (and probably will). They let you register keys on your Steam account because their model dates back from when a lot of people still bought physical copies that came with a key which mostly acted as DRM to kill used PC games sales.

I'm not sure they're even "buying keys", they probably just generate them on demand and then transfer the funds minus their cut to the devs/publishers, who have little control on sales apparently and can be banned/removed from Steam without notice.

On the other hand, G2A is as close as you can get to selling "used digital goods". They don't buy keys or offer a platform to redeem them. They just let people list their unused keys/prices, and take a cut both from the listings and the completed sales. The fees are in Euro, and are very high, which means selling anything under $2 CAD actually making you lose money, and trying to sell a large batch of keys for a game that's not in high demand (ex. indie games) or where there's a potential of multiple other sellers undercutting you (ex. games offered in an Humble Bundle) is a huge gamble since you'll most likely end up eating all of your profits from the listing fees of unsold items.

Basically, it's pretty much like eBay used to be, but for digital goods. They're not only selling Steam keys either, they have everything from Wii U codes to Windows keys and Xbox Live subs. From my experience, they protect their customers a lot more than they protect their sellers.

If a buyer tries to scam you (saying the key didn't work), he'll open a dispute that you have to take care of fast and can still give you a negative feedback. You can provide him a 2nd key or a full refund (and G2A won't refund you the listing / transaction completed fees), and there's no way for you to switch a negative to a positive even if you've given a full refund. When that happens, your future listings might be locked for a lot longer before they're made available on the site, meaning if you've set your price to be the current lowest, you could end up having 10+ sellers offering the product at a lower price by the time your listing gets posted (and you still pay the fees even if you cancel the listing / change the price).

Anyway, it's far more complicated than you make it sound, and while it does allow selling stolen goods (just like every other "used" marketplace, EB Games / Best Buy included), I really doubt it's as frequent as you think.

3. Steam is the reason PC gaming isn't dead, but that has absolutely nothing to do with G2A. If for some reason Steam ends up closing shop and Origin becomes the new PC marketplace king, sellers on G2A will simply sell more Origin keys. It's simple economics, offer and demand.

Steam/Valve doesn't provide any financial support to developers/publishers (other than some rare occurences and of course Valve games...), and in fact charge you $100 just to list your game there, they really just facilitate transactions between gaming companies and PC gamers, and offer a solid platform to make sure people are buying Steam keys instead of Origin/Uplay keys.

They're not on a mission to make gaming more affordable, fund charities or help devs to release their games. They're just trying to make profit.
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Starforsaken wrote: Have you bought from G2A before? Where is your excessive hate towards that site coming from?
If you consider what I've posted "excessive hate" I'm not going to bother reading your shill manifesto.