• Sep 8th, 2016 2:07 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto

G5 or s7?

Well my s4 is overheating, slow, running out of space. Its been 3 years plus. Which should i buy,? G5 or s7?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
My pick would have been an S7, but the G5 won me over. For me it was the camera features, replaceable battery and the IR blaster and $200 cheaper. I actually like the LG skin and don't really like Touchwiz.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
If you like more battery life,then S7 wins.If you like battery removable option,then LG G5 wins!Choice is yours.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2004
5795 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
I've had the G5 for a week now and i'm really enjoying it so far. For me the 5.3" screen is perfect. No regrets here.
I used to be indecisive. Now i'm not so sure.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1646 posts
292 upvotes
S7. Whats the point of removable battery if the batteries cost $25 each where you can buy battery packs for the same price and charge multiple times.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Tainger wrote: S7. Whats the point of removable battery if the batteries cost $25 each where you can buy battery packs for the same price and charge multiple times.
Batteries degrade over time. Charging your batter with a battery pack, especially if you're using the phone at the same time, will bring it closer to death.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
Keep it mind that they both have dual SIM variants.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
I don't know anything about G5 but I used the s7 and while the battery and camera were good, it lags from time to time.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1646 posts
292 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote:
Tainger wrote: S7. Whats the point of removable battery if the batteries cost $25 each where you can buy battery packs for the same price and charge multiple times.
Batteries degrade over time. Charging your batter with a battery pack, especially if you're using the phone at the same time, will bring it closer to death.
And by the time that happens, your phone is already outdated slow and in need for an upgrade where you can use your external battery pack for that new phone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Tainger wrote:
Jep4444 wrote:
And by the time that happens, your phone is already outdated slow and in need for an upgrade where you can use your external battery pack for that new phone.
Batteries treated properly will last 1.5 to 2 years before they show signs of degradation. Not everyone upgrades every year or two. On top of that, most people don't treat their batteries properly. Can't tell you how many people knocked months off their internal battery's life summer by playing Pokemon Go while plugged in to a battery every single day(heat kills batteries).
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Due to the LG G4 bootloop debacle, I'm always choosing Samsung over LG in the future.

IMO, the worst advice in the world was when all the RFD "experts" were telling everyone to get the G4 last year. Of course, none of them actually got one (typical RFD "expert" behaviour).
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i have the G5 and no complaints so far. A few nitpicky things:
1) subpar battery capacity (flagship avg is 3000mah) but it only has been a prob when playing Poke Go (-1 point)
2) Small screen given the size of the body. Also has some pretty big bezels considering its a flagship (-0.5 point)
3) awkwardly placed speaker. It gets covered by your hand when holding it horizontally. (-0.5 point)

everything else is great

overall score: 8/10
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
This g5 seems more tough.... I really like the camera

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)