Tags:
None
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
wackchin wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:05 am
You can use both together to make for an even better experience.

Take a look

http://youtu.be/3hKbx5oF-7A
Thanks. Will do!
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Nov 15, 2004
12564 posts
896 upvotes
Toronto
My Galaxy Nexus has started acting strangely since I upgraded to 4.2, like randomly waking from lock. Not unlocking, but the screen will turn on without me touching the phone. It will also give new-message notification beeps from time to time when there are no notifications of any kind. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I've uninstalled a whole bunch of apps and gone over my notification settings, and I can't see anything that could be causing it.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2013 10:51 am
My Galaxy Nexus has started acting strangely since I upgraded to 4.2, like randomly waking from lock. Not unlocking, but the screen will turn on without me touching the phone. It will also give new-message notification beeps from time to time when there are no notifications of any kind. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I've uninstalled a whole bunch of apps and gone over my notification settings, and I can't see anything that could be causing it.
Not experiencing it at all - or rather my dad's Galaxy Nexus. Mine has a custom ROM so no issues. Either way, you can roll back to 4.1 if you have an unlocked bootloader.
8049 posts
1890 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2013 10:51 am
My Galaxy Nexus has started acting strangely since I upgraded to 4.2, like randomly waking from lock. Not unlocking, but the screen will turn on without me touching the phone.
That sounds like it could be a flaky Power/Lock button. I have a GN with JB 4.2.1 with no problems other than the Power/Lock button sometimes needs a couple of presses, the second fairly forcefully and directly perpendicular to the body, in order to get the screen to turn on. I ascribe that to a flaky Power/Lock button that I'm not anxious to repair under warranty since that would mean sending it back to the USA. This problem started when the phone was fairly new and running ICS so it's not likely software. Also Google Search indicates that a flaky Power/Lock button is not an unusual problem with the GN.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
4025 posts
16 upvotes
Hey sorry for bumping this old thread but i have the Yakjuux Gnex n i really want to upgrade to 4.2 ... i want to keep everything stock. After some research i see you can change the lineage of the phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1626895

my only questions are, if i do this n upgrade the phone would it still be stock? and is this permanent or do i have to do this all over again for each update?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
32245 posts
5407 upvotes
13sundin wrote:
Jan 30th, 2013 6:43 am
Hey sorry for bumping this old thread but i have the Yakjuux Gnex n i really want to upgrade to 4.2 ... i want to keep everything stock. After some research i see you can change the lineage of the phone

my only questions are, if i do this n upgrade the phone would it still be stock? and is this permanent or do i have to do this all over again for each update?
Probably can't answer your specific question but we have two stock Galaxy Nexuses in my household.

I don't remember what I did for our two Galaxy Nexus. They were bought in Canada so was either Yakju or Takju initially, i.e. not getting OTA like our American counterparts did.

I used the then current Wug Fresh Toolkit to update ahead of the OTA to 4.1 and again to 4.1.1 or something like that prior to 4.2 (that time using a newer version of the toolkit). I forgot whether I used the Yakju or Takju images in both instances both from then on, both got the 4.2.1 OTA so I'm not even going to flash the roms manually since I'd rather not have to install every app again (or figuring out how to back up my phone properly). Most of the data I have are in the cloud (gmail, google drive, and a few favorites/settings for some streaming apps) so losing data residing on the phone is not an issue for me.

From about phone:

Android version

Basebankd version
I9250XXLH1

Kernel Version
3.0.31-gd5a18e0
android-build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com#1
Fri Nov 2 11:02:59 PDT 2012

Build number (same as in your link)
JOP40D
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
13sundin wrote:
Jan 30th, 2013 6:43 am

No worries for the bump, I'll let it slide just this once heh. I kid...

Yes you can change the "lineage" of the phone to yakju/takju from yakjuux. Yes it will be stock and it will be permanent. So your phone will be the first to get updates depending on what build you put. Takju has priority over yakju as its the US build from Google. Yakju will get the update after and then Yakjuux - you don't know when... So I would choose Takju over Yakju. No need to do this process again.

Of course when an OTA hits either for Takju/Yakju devices, you would have to wait.

Hope this clarifies it?
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PA version 3 is out. RC. Expect a video overview of it :)
79 posts
EAST YORK
sorry for my dummy question, whats difference between android 4.1.1 and jelly bean? my fido google nexus comes with android 4.1.1 now, how can i upgrade to jelly bean?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
rfdjai wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 4:07 pm
sorry for my dummy question, whats difference between android 4.1.1 and jelly bean? my fido google nexus comes with android 4.1.1 now, how can i upgrade to jelly bean?
4.1.1/4.1.2/4.2.? are all Jelly Bean operating systems, but 4.1 and 4.2 are quite different. I am sticking to 4.1.1 for now, but I unlocked my bootloader and rooted it. I don't advise upgrading to 4.2 for now, since I am hearing a lot of problems across multiple android devices upgrading to 4.2
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rfdjai wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 4:07 pm
No worries. Android 4.1.1 is Jelly Bean. Android 4.2.1 is also Jelly Bean but an update from 4.1.1/4.1.2. Your Fido bought Galaxy Nexus will take ages to be updated to 4.2.1. The update is coming out this month supposedly for all Nexus devices but of course if you are on the yakjuux build (Canadian bought Galaxy Nexus) you can expect the update later on vs Takju/Yakju regional Galaxy Nexus devices.

So for now, the only update you can get is 4.2.1 I believe.
2252 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 4:37 pm
No worries. Android 4.1.1 is Jelly Bean. Android 4.2.1 is also Jelly Bean but an update from 4.1.1/4.1.2. Your Fido bought Galaxy Nexus will take ages to be updated to 4.2.1. The update is coming out this month supposedly for all Nexus devices but of course if you are on the yakjuux build (Canadian bought Galaxy Nexus) you can expect the update later on vs Takju/Yakju regional Galaxy Nexus devices.

So for now, the only update you can get is 4.2.1 I believe.
I am sticking to 4.1.1. I heard they fixed some loophole in 4.1.2 or something. 4.2.1 is not going well at the moment.
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
garyhudson wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 4:40 pm
I am sticking to 4.1.1. I heard they fixed some loophole in 4.1.2 or something. 4.2.1 is not going well at the moment.
Oh ya on my Nexus 4 I am at 4.2 and not 4.2.1. On my GNexus I have a custom ROM so its fine. Either way 4.2.2 should fix all the necessary bugs including the BT fix.
Jun 15, 2011
37678 posts
5426 upvotes
Richmond Hill
4.2.2 rolling out it seems. Only for Takju/Yakju users most likely.

Please report back! I can't say as I am on a custom ROM.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/11 ... -nexus-10/

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-4 ... laxy-nexus