• Dec 17th, 2012 10:41 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1135 posts
290 upvotes
Mississauga
Got it for WIND. Saw many videos of it and it didn't seem different what so ever. Now that I actually use it it does seem faster. We are talking small amounts since the S3 is so good, but everything for me is super fast. I did a benchmark test and get right at that 6000 mark
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1163 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Updated a few days ago. This update messed up my stock browser. Whenever I am scrolling in the browser it zooms in. So annoying. Had to switch to firefix for now. Hope theres a fix for that soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
The new jelly bean update doesn't have photosphere?!! I cant find it anywhere on my S3.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11167 upvotes
No, photosphere is in 4.2. You updated to 4.1.1.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1135 posts
290 upvotes
Mississauga
4.2 is sweet, but even 4.1.2 on the S3 look awesome. 4.1.1 is basically exactly the same only the worlds smallest speed increase everywhere.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
gfunkdocta wrote: sync off - this drains the most batt
wifi off unless i need it (mind u the network/LTE consumes more power) for instance i leave wifi on when sleeping
i hate auto screen brightness, messes with my eyes, i just put it at a reasonably low level
i also "kill tasks when you exit them" in developer options
vermit25 wrote: I assume your talking about "Do not keep activities", that + sync off ?
Wont that interfere with emails, notifications etc?

Yeah I turned off the sync. I thought I wouldn't get my whats app message but I still do. Yeah if you turn of sync, no more push for emails, but I don't mind checking my emails manually. My battery life is a little better. Anybody have this happen to them. I leave my phone plugged in and on (wifi on) charging for the night. In the morning its 100 percent. Once I unplug, my battery drops to like 99 percent. This happens in a matter of a minute.
Aug 8, 2010
950 posts
803 upvotes
GTA
Yeah happens to me too, but I had the same thing on my previous phone (captivate), so I dont think its uncommon.