Tags:
None
Apr 3, 2012
43 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
Converged wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 11:24 am
I'm not sure if Google Now is causing it, but since the update I have been getting much worse battery life...barely make it throughout the day with LTE off and only 1 hour screen time. I can't think what else the culprit could be, but before the update I would go to bed at night with 40% battery remaining, now I have to be careful so it doesnt die at 9pm. Anyone else experiencing worse battery life?
I noticed the same thing on my phone. If the phone was idle it was still ok, but anytime the screen was on and an app was running the battery would drain noticeably faster. I did a factory reset and the battery life is back to the way it was before the jelly bean update, maybe slightly better. If you don't find any other solution maybe this could work for you too.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
For me, it appears the battery lasted longer than before the update.
I keep LTE on all day (I also turn on wifi too so it does not really use LTE the whole day) before and after JB update.

Before the Jelly Bean update, it hardly can last until 9pm. I sometime re-charged the phone in the office.
After the update, it lasts until midnight and I have not recharged my phone in the office since.

I cannot think of what I changed in terms of my habit.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Aug 8, 2010
555 posts
497 upvotes
GTA
So far the only thing that really bugs me is the proximity of the "Attach" and "Send" button on the keyboard.
I preferred it before when they were apart.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1700 posts
73 upvotes
Barrie
Ugh my battery life is crap since the update too. This really sucks... I really dont want to have to do a reset :(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5809 posts
515 upvotes
Greely
chickibum wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 3:47 pm
Ugh my battery life is crap since the update too. This really sucks... I really dont want to have to do a reset :(
Try Juice Defender first. I installed it when I was still on ICS and it dramatically improved my battery life. Maybe you can avoid a reset.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2763 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
What is everybody settings on their phone right now to save battery? Besides power saving option, I have turned off wifi, GPS and AUTO for screen
Aug 23, 2012
276 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
wifi is soo much better with the update... no more complaints from me now!
Aug 8, 2010
555 posts
497 upvotes
GTA
gfunkdocta wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:26 pm
sync off - this drains the most batt
wifi off unless i need it (mind u the network/LTE consumes more power) for instance i leave wifi on when sleeping
i hate auto screen brightness, messes with my eyes, i just put it at a reasonably low level
i also "kill tasks when you exit them" in developer options
I assume your talking about "Do not keep activities", that + sync off ?
Wont that interfere with emails, notifications etc?
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
JELLYBEAN IS OUT FOR AWS DEVICES!!!!!!! Samsung galaxy s3 for wind and mobi
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1232 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
trixstar wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:22 pm
JELLYBEAN IS OUT FOR AWS DEVICES!!!!!!! Samsung galaxy s3 for wind and mobi

about 15min download by OTA. thank u. doing it now in wee hours sure beats the server jam tomorrow !!!
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
[INDENT]RIP My sweet angel 94-12[/INDENT]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
chickibum wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 3:47 pm
See if google now is using your location full throttle. That alone can make your phone cry. I just disabled the whole thing off as i never had any use for it lol.
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Nov 11, 2012
876 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
Got it for WIND. Saw many videos of it and it didn't seem different what so ever. Now that I actually use it it does seem faster. We are talking small amounts since the S3 is so good, but everything for me is super fast. I did a benchmark test and get right at that 6000 mark
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1141 posts
39 upvotes
Updated a few days ago. This update messed up my stock browser. Whenever I am scrolling in the browser it zooms in. So annoying. Had to switch to firefix for now. Hope theres a fix for that soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11973 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
The new jelly bean update doesn't have photosphere?!! I cant find it anywhere on my S3.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2006
4672 posts
462 upvotes
No, photosphere is in 4.2. You updated to 4.1.1.
× < >