Galaxy S7 screen protector

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 10:38 pm
Nov 22, 2012
336 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver

Galaxy S7 screen protector

Anyone have one that will also work with a case that curves into the screen?

Thinking about just going to bestbuy and getting their clearplex thing. It's $30 but unlimited replacements and is custom fit. I ordered a $1 glass screen protector off ebay but the shipping is 30 days and not really sure if it will fit.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Glass screen protectors and cases don't mix. I say if you get any good rubber corner case for the s7 which I did, it will be fine. Glass protectors are suppose to prevent your phone cracking, which is what a case does. My S7 hasn't scratched and any flagship phone has scratching preventive material nowadays.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38383 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
MadCanadian wrote: any flagship phone has scratching preventive material nowadays.
I wouldn't be concerned about scratching. The main concern for me is the coating on the screen will wear out from excessive use. Better to replace a plastic screen protector than the glass
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1399 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Curved screens are a pain.

Ghost Armor is pretty good, and it's flexible.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Gee wrote: I wouldn't be concerned about scratching. The main concern for me is the coating on the screen will wear out from excessive use. Better to replace a plastic screen protector than the glass
There is no coating on the screen, it's just a special type of glass. Plastic screen protector provide no benefit to flagship phones. Glass screen protector are to crack and before your phone does.
No screen protector today protects wear on a flagship.
Nov 22, 2012
336 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
MadCanadian wrote: There is no coating on the screen, it's just a special type of glass. Plastic screen protector provide no benefit to flagship phones. Glass screen protector are to crack and before your phone does.
No screen protector today protects wear on a flagship.
There's a coating (oleophobic coating) that helps deter fingerprint and grease. It will gradually wear away and your phone will gradually become more difficult to wipe clean/fingerprint resistant. (If you use any strong soap/detergent on the screen, it will remove the coating). Also, the glass can be scratched by sand. A screen protector will protect it from such scratches. The incentive for a glass screen protector rather than plastic is that it is glass which means it is stronger and looks/feel better. But nowadays with curved screens, glass screen protectors aren't ideal.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Double check if the clearplex at best buy is $20 or actually $30.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Double check if the clearplex at best buy is $20 or actually $30.
Nov 22, 2012
336 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
Ticco wrote: Double check if the clearplex at best buy is $20 or actually $30.
Where did you get $20? It says $29.99 on their website.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
jjs0891 wrote: Where did you get $20? It says $29.99 on their website.
On my receipt it was punched in as $29.99-$9.99 and then he billed me another $9.99 which I found really odd. I didn't bother to check because I read on here it was $29.99 and when I asked him he said "yes". Not sure why the bill isn't $29.99 straight up.

When I went to get the thing re-done at another location (the first guy left a dust particle underneath) the new receipt said the product was $20 - I've been too lazy to go inquire about this.

btw - the clearplex is good in that it won't intrude on any cases BUT that's because it doesn't cover the entire screen. The installation is also far from perfect as the first guy left dust and the second one misaligned and the edges slightly lift.

Still better than the majority of DIY protectors though
Nov 22, 2012
336 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
Ticco wrote: On my receipt it was punched in as $29.99-$9.99 and then he billed me another $9.99 which I found really odd. I didn't bother to check because I read on here it was $29.99 and when I asked him he said "yes". Not sure why the bill isn't $29.99 straight up.

When I went to get the thing re-done at another location (the first guy left a dust particle underneath) the new receipt said the product was $20 - I've been too lazy to go inquire about this.

btw - the clearplex is good in that it won't intrude on any cases BUT that's because it doesn't cover the entire screen. The installation is also far from perfect as the first guy left dust and the second one misaligned and the edges slightly lift.

Still better than the majority of DIY protectors though
Do you have pictures? Does it interfere with swiping from the edges?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
jjs0891 wrote: Do you have pictures? Does it interfere with swiping from the edges?
Yes but I can't be bothered to load them on RFD because you have to host them somewhere else and then link it back right loll

I can email you some if you PM me.

And yes it does interfere with swiping from the edges but you can adapt to that so you don't cause lifting over time.