Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7158 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
Who are the dead ppl Hound buried?

Can't stand Sansa, pretending to be Xena Warrior Princess and now Margaret Thatcher and trying and failing to show up her brother. Probably most annoying and useless char in GOT. Horrible.

Isn't it pretty much over? Who can stop the Dragon Queen? Not even the WWs can. Isn't it anti-climatic?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3218 posts
128 upvotes
Adelaide
tranquility922 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:38 am

Can't stand Sansa, pretending to be Xena Warrior Princess and now Margaret Thatcher and trying and failing to show up her brother. Probably most annoying and useless char in GOT. Horrible.

Isn't it pretty much over? Who can stop the Dragon Queen? Not even the WWs can. Isn't it anti-climatic?
They were the father and daughter that took in the hound and arya a couple seasons back. They fed them for some work and then the hound stole their money and beat up the dad.

Sounds like Euron potentially has the better fleet and is most likely a much better leader of it than Yara would be for hers. He seems to want to get a priceless gift for cersei so may be heading out to mess with the dragon queen
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4153 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Ixidor wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 12:02 am
Dude with advanced greyscale desperately waiting for Daenerys? Pretty sure that's Jorah Mormont.
It is...that's what the subtitles said....lol
Board games!!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15803 posts
561 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
tranquility922 wrote:

Also to add on to what bongobong said, after the beating and stealing of the money the hound said that he was weak and they would be dead by winter so obviously when the hound returned and saw you know what he feels real bad about that.

Yeah I was on team dragon queen once I saw what she has:
-Dothraki Horde
-The Unsullied
-The Second Sons
-Slavers' fleet
-Ironborn fleet
-House Tyrell
-The Dornish
-Three dragons

At this point its a no brainer who will win.
-----------

Yeah after waking up this morning and game of thrones still on the mind realized yeah it probably is Jorah! Disregard my previous question in my previous post. Also yeah it might be jail like, but its probably a hospital/medical research place. I should watch with subtitles!
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Apr 24, 2006
633 posts
126 upvotes
Does Bran crossing back south of the wall void the magic of the Wall, like it did the cave he was hiding in, since he was touched by the Knight King? I think this is how the white walkers will be able to cross back and attack Westeros.
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
767 upvotes
So the key to defeating the WWs is sitting underneath Daenaerys' new base? Hope she's willing to play ball. Makes sense though that a place that used to be Targaeryan home base would have lots of dragon glass.

Anyone notice the [potential] foreshadowing of the map on the floor at King's Landing? Jaime was standing on the part of the map of Westerns known as "the Fingers" and Cersei on the area known as "the Neck" so some fans have theorized that this means Jaime will eventually strangle his sister in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7158 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
Was that just some random hand in the glass jar at the cleric's place where Sam? is (....sorry, I'm not good w/ the names)...or I was thinking maybe it was Jaime's and Euron wanted to get that back and have that mad scientist (who created Frankenstein Mtn) fuse it back lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2089 posts
283 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Not sure if you saw, but the White Walkers were able to turn giants. Now, we know that the Night King isn't stupid. So, suppose a battle ensued between the NK and Dany. Dany's army is useless without dragon glass. Any losses Dany suffered would be a gain for the Night King's army by ressurection. What if the Night King focused his army on taking down a dragon and resurrected it to his side? To me, the NK is unstoppable unless Dany's army is equipped with dragon glass. Then it becomes an even battle.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1129 posts
254 upvotes
joep wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 12:15 pm
Are there any place in Toronto that will play the show (bars?)

If not then I guess I'll figure out a way to get the VPN to work
I had a really great time with my friends at this bar hosting the public viewing party! Thanks for posting the link above to the Madison Pub. Watched the season premiere in a full house and I couldn't believe how packed the entire place was. It's really AWESOME to see that many loyal female fans of show. Only 6 episodes left, so I'll probably be going every Sunday this summer, unless I'm out of town. When it was 9pm, the entire bar shut down the music and all the TV's were set for the HBO channel. The volume was cranked up high that we could hear the dialogue echo from one part of the bar to the other side.

It was truly a great experience drinking alcohol and watching the show with fellow fans in a bar. The only viewing parties that I've been to that topped last night's party was when Cineplex hosted both Season 4 and 5 season finales. These were free screening events which showed Episodes 9 and 10 for the season finale parties. I was lucky one year to attend and watch at one of the Cineplex VIP rooms where alcohol and food were permitted. Was really pissed in 2016 that Cineplex didn't bother hosting any screening parties for the last 2 episodes of Season 6 like the previous two years. Shame on CINEPLEX!!!

BTW, anyone planning on watching next Sunday at the Madison. Please arrive early or you won't get any seats (both indoors/outdoors) at this bar which is friggin' massive! It's like a 3 or 4 floor mansion/bar with also a huge outdoor patio with TV's in the Annex. We got seats in a booth because one of my friends is an early bird and recommended we eat at the pub first before it gets packed. Which it did! LOL
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7904 posts
767 upvotes
Chookman wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 11:06 am
Not sure if you saw, but the White Walkers were able to turn giants. Now, we know that the Night King isn't stupid. So, suppose a battle ensued between the NK and Dany. Dany's army is useless without dragon glass. Any losses Dany suffered would be a gain for the Night King's army by ressurection. What if the Night King focused his army on taking down a dragon and resurrected it to his side? To me, the NK is unstoppable unless Dany's army is equipped with dragon glass. Then it becomes an even battle.
Not to mention that technically, as far as it's been confirmed, only dragon glass & Valerian steel can kill WWs.

It's Wights that are susceptible to fire. So Dany's dragons in theory would decimate the Wight army, but it's not confirmed whether their fire would kill WWs. We know that fire doesn't kill WWs because in the episode where Jon & co fight the WWs in the Wildling village, a WW walks through fire to fight him (before being killed by his Valerian steel sword).

Stupid question, but is there a limit to how "old" a corpse has to be so a WW can re-animate it? Like we see Wights which are basically almost skeletons so I assume no matter what state of decomposition the body is in, as long as it's not dust, that a WW can re-animate it into a Wight.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5067 posts
1022 upvotes
BongoBong wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 5:55 am
They were the father and daughter that took in the hound and arya a couple seasons back. They fed them for some work and then the hound stole their money and beat up the dad.

Sounds like Euron potentially has the better fleet and is most likely a much better leader of it than Yara would be for hers. He seems to want to get a priceless gift for cersei so may be heading out to mess with the dragon queen
Either that or heading to Dorn to capture Ellaria Sand for killing Myrcella (Cersei and Jaime's daughter), and possibly eliminating the Dornish in the process. I don't think it would be wise for Euron to mess with Daenerys by himself.
edit: Just saw the trailer for EP2, seems like Ellaria is with Daenerys.

Very good first episode, loved it.
Last edited by rahzel on Jul 17th, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4734 posts
603 upvotes
I didn't think the Iron Isles were that big,
Between the fleet that went to go align with Dany and pick up army and well as the big fleet that was shown sailing to Kings landing, thats a lot of ships?
Cersei is going to need much more then half a fleet to do anything, though that much was basically insinuated in last nights episode.

Also why was Dragonstone completely abandoned? I know Stannis and his army went up north and were subsequently slaughtered but did they completely abandon it? Seems strange but I guess that's (and less involved) to show them just walking right into it as opposed to some small battle and/or invasion sequence, though IMO that scene of Dany entering Dragonstone went on far too long.
Sep 21, 2004
8751 posts
2300 upvotes
Calgary
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 3:17 pm

Also why was Dragonstone completely abandoned? I know Stannis and his army went up north and were subsequently slaughtered but did they completely abandon it? Seems strange but I guess that's (and less involved) to show them just walking right into it as opposed to some small battle and/or invasion sequence, though IMO that scene of Dany entering Dragonstone went on far too long.
If you are one of the few Stannis soldiers remaining in Dragonstone, and you just learned the entire army, including your king were annihilated hundreds of miles away. There was no reinforcement, no heir and no allies left. For all you know the Lannisters are coming to finish the job. I would run away too.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)