• Sep 8th, 2019 11:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote: Dude is 70. Most people retire early 60s. Why would he be motivated to get back to the grind of writing a super complicated novel when he can just enjoy his fame and money. If anything the show gave him an out to not complete the books because people got a ending to his novels. He doesn't owe more novels to any of us. If he just wants to do hookers or blow for the rest of his life, all the power to him. If he gifts us with two more novels, we should consider ourselves thankful and not entitled.
I would say he would be stirred to write the ending due to fan backlash.

However, based on the Interwebs, people are actually just moreso pissed off at D&D, so Martin came out of this quite intact.

So, ya, he might as well keep posting on his blog that he's back to writing, which he updated last week, and just continue living la vida loca.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
gontori wrote: Too costly for producers, and by the time the books are done, some actors would look much older, others would have moved on with other projects, others perhaps would have died (the last same situation would happen with many fans).
If Martin does finish it and does it proper, they could just reboot the show.

Would be hilarious to see Netflix produce it and call it "A Song of Ice and Fire" where the antagonist of the story I'd actually the Night King and AofD.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2393 posts
615 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: I think they wrapped it up perfectly if you look at it in the grander scheme of subversion.

Arya went West, Jon went North, Drogon went East, and the show went South.
LOL Perfect wrap up to this trainwreck
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2363 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
Go look how much the main actors make per episode. Go look at the cost of each episode. Not to mention a lot of the actors have other projects and they no longer wanted to do the show. They had no choice but to end it this year.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trick91 wrote: Go look how much the main actors make per episode. Go look at the cost of each episode. Not to mention a lot of the actors have other projects and they no longer wanted to do the show. They had no choice but to end it this year.
All good for me with different actors if they will do a reboot of the last season later when the book is completed. I am sure they will earn more than the cost of production.

Good thing I watched Raptors game instead on this one lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
We invested 10 years into this show, and this is the ending they came up with? WTF!!!!
Ohhh well, now onto the upcoming "Arya the explorer" series.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2393 posts
615 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: We invested 10 years into this show, and this is the ending they came up with? WTF!!!!
Ohhh well, now onto the upcoming "Arya the explorer" series.
That and Drogon rules the East
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
the series coming are pre-sequel. Emilia already said none of the current cast will be in the new series.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7399 posts
2413 upvotes
T dot 6
I hated how Cersei's death was anti-climatic. Some rocks fell on her? Really, after all that? In my head, this is what happened.

Jon finds Jamie and Cersei trying to escape the keep. He takes out Longclaw and swings at Cersei. Jamie raises his hand to protect Cersei and watches as his hand falls to the ground and screams in pain. Jon lunges Longclaw into Cersei's baby bump and says "The north sends their regards". Jamie wraps his arms around Cersei and cries out. Jon looks at Jamie and says "It was a long time coming, stumpy". Jon turns around and walks away into the darkness.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Lets write a better ending guys!

I think Cersi should’ve been able to escape with Euron and amass a huge army with elephants and come back to try to take the iron throne from danerys. That would’ve been sick!
What could we do with bran?
Starting from what episode? Will be fun, w our collective minds, for sure can't be worse than the actual one lol.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2779 posts
1134 upvotes
Winnipeg
tranquility922 wrote: Starting from what episode? Will be fun, w our collective minds, for sure can't be worse than the actual one lol.
I would say episode 1 and 2 were ok, just setups. Episode 3 on wards for sure needed massive changes.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I would've changed the ending. For all the hype of Jon's lineage, I still think the most appropriate ending is the end of the Iron Throne and the dynasty built by the Targaeryens. The fact that the North already split in the show ending IMO should've happened to all the Seven Kingdoms; it's the only "wheel breaking" that makes sense to me in the context of the GoT universe; for sure we wouldn't have democracy and sitting another person on the Iron Throne will end up in the same situation we started with.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote: Starting from what episode? Will be fun, w our collective minds, for sure can't be worse than the actual one lol.
I’m on the fence I didn’t mind how Arya killed the night king but also agree that it was way too easy. Stabbing him should’ve killed half the army , and the other half shouldve retreated and remain a threat, killing the rest of them would require something from bran. I thought they made him go back in time, I’m down for him changing something in time to potentially defeat the rest or becoming the leader of the other half. I think half the problem with their ending was there were effectively no more threats, and it felt like a “wtf do we do now ok everyone sing kumbaya and go home.

As for Jon ...change the whole blind queen loyalty, once knowing he was the rightful heir I would’ve like to see him become ruthless. More backstory on why the “lord of light aka Satan would bring him back to life to be a nice guy? No. Granted I can’t write to save my life but these are supposed to be professionals!!
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
Mr Bean wrote: I would say episode 1 and 2 were ok, just setups. Episode 3 on wards for sure needed massive changes.
I'll start. Some episode 3 recommendations:
- Jon fights the Night King. Instead of the dead rising up and stopping Jon it takes like 5 minutes longer for the dead to be up and interceding. During that time we get Jon battling the Night King. The fight ends because eventually the dead get in between Jon and NK.
- As the battle was winding down and we see a bunch of the named characters fighting random wights within Winterfell - we change that. They are now fighting White Walkers because that raises the stakes and makes for better TV.
- The Night King goes after Bran solo. Still kills Theon. Still gets killed by Arya, but there are no White Walkers because they were all busy and it becomes a little more plausible that Arya's stealth got her the kill.

The Nite King storyline still goes out with a whimper, but I feel like these 3 points are my biggest gripes with episode 3.

Depending on changes to episodes 4-6 I may include a scene in episode 3 of the Dothraki charging the dead and than when they actually see what they are up against they just retreat. They find a safe spot to hide. They show up in episode 4 claiming they were out there fighting in the dark the whole time. That is why they never got obliterated and Dany still had so many left.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2978 posts
3020 upvotes
Ottawa
VicRav wrote: That is why they never got obliterated and Dany still had so many left.
The bigger mystery is how the Unsullied reproduced so fast...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2393 posts
615 upvotes
cloak wrote: The bigger mystery is how the Unsullied reproduced so fast...
Unsullied and Dothraki respawned by Night King LOL

Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I forget where I read this but I recall somewhere it was said Dany didn’t bring all her forces up North to Winterfell and left some at Dragonstone (which is where they regroup after episode 3).

But I also remember reading that she only lost half of the Dothraki and Unsullied during the war against the dead so who knows
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
tripwire wrote: Unsullied and Dothraki respawned by Night King LOL

Im thinking the Drothraki you see are the rejects - the ones who deserted rather than die to the last man in that winterfell ep. We did see a few of them ride or walk back
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2393 posts
615 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote: I forget where I read this but I recall somewhere it was said Dany didn’t bring all her forces up North to Winterfell and left some at Dragonstone (which is where they regroup after episode 3).

But I also remember reading that she only lost half of the Dothraki and Unsullied during the war against the dead so who knows
Writer told all fans that they witnessed the end of the Dothraki

LOL please don't try defending it
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
80 posts
42 upvotes
BYan wrote: Like I said before, not likely. Books diverge too far from the show, you end up with this weird muck of a story that abruptly changes course halfway through. Books tread too close to the show, you're just repeating yourself and everything's already spoiled. Better to let the fans 'think' what could have been.

Bran, lol. We have southerners who hate northerners now because of KL sack, normal populace who don't care about prophecies and raven nonsense, a wall that doesn't need defending since there are no more ice zombies and at least two or three big factions who will have a bone to pick with the new authority. Far from Bran the wise or whatever, this is all going to a civil war. I give them two weeks.
Yeah Bran did not have any personality at all. Why would a robot be a ruler lol.
Regards
Fairypopo

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)