• Nov 9th, 2017 10:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7375 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto
Out of the blue question: would Tywin have gone through w the execution of Tyrion? Was he not curious who was the true poisoner?

Also, Robb smh, she's not even that hot.
Last edited by tranquility922 on Sep 8th, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes
amitdi wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:25 pm
some will always turn out to be accurate. it has to be true as the number of theories are pretty exhaustive. Winking Face alls good as long as theres equal speculation about each one.
Alt Shift X on youtube was pretty accurate with his stuff. Definitely knows the books real well.

I hope HBO make Malazan after this is all done. Its definitely better than GOT. I am on the third ASOIAF book now and im comparing it to Malazan. Malazan is clearly better.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
brandonly wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:08 pm
it hasnt been confirmed yet has it...when season 8 will come out? i thought it was coming out like next summer since they are filming now.
They don't start filming until October. We should expect it to air late 2018 or early 2019.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10149 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga
brandonly wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:08 pm
it hasnt been confirmed yet has it...when season 8 will come out? i thought it was coming out like next summer since they are filming now.
No, it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. They start filming next month, and filming usually goes on for about 6-7 months, and then you have post-production, which also takes many months. Then you have to factor in HBO's scheduling and figuring out where to plug the show in. I would guess early 2019 at this point. In theory, the show could be ready to air by November 2018, but 6 weeks of airdates would push that into December, which all networks avoid since people are busy with holiday stuff. Having the show ready for mid-October and airing it until the end of November would be ambitious at this point. The neat thing about having it air in early 2019 would be that HBO marketing could really push the "Winter Is Here" angle since it will be winter in real life.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
They may film several endings to head off leaks.
http://jezebel.com/report-multiple-game ... 1809063947
On Wednesday, The Morning Call reported that Game of Thrones producers plan to shoot multiple endings for season eight, the final season of the series, in an attempt to thwart all possible leaks.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 5, 2017
127 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Season 7 bluray comes out just before Xmas and on the special features there is a documentary focusing on the history of westeros.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4816 posts
1259 upvotes
Space
Aren’t there 2 more books coming out ? Wouldn’t that prolong the show? Binged watched s1-s7 over the past few weeks :D such a good show.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 1:41 am
Aren’t there 2 more books coming out ? Wouldn’t that prolong the show? Binged watched s1-s7 over the past few weeks :D such a good show.
The show will finish before the rest of the books are released. Im pretty sure GRRM already finished the books, hidden in a vault somewhere and he is just holding it so the TV can end first.

He probably want to see how people will react so he can refine it. This would be better for everyone. He can make the books more epic.

He also doesnt want the ending ruined for TV folks because the book people kept spoiling the show. It wouldnt be fair for the directors/TV writers.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4816 posts
1259 upvotes
Space
Supposedly the next 2 novels will be a whopping 1500 pages long , each. Can’t recall where I saw that but if true, that should be about 2-3 seasons worth of writing. This could end up a 13 season+ show if all is true.

kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 2:02 am
The show will finish before the rest of the books are released. Im pretty sure GRRM already finished the books, hidden in a vault somewhere and he is just holding it so the TV can end first.

He probably want to see how people will react so he can refine it. This would be better for everyone. He can make the books more epic.

He also doesnt want the ending ruined for TV folks because the book people kept spoiling the show. It wouldnt be fair for the directors/TV writers.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10149 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 3:08 am
Supposedly the next 2 novels will be a whopping 1500 pages long , each. Can’t recall where I saw that but if true, that should be about 2-3 seasons worth of writing. This could end up a 13 season+ show if all is true.
No. The show is already well past the 5th and most recent book. The stuff we've been watching in seasons 6 & 7 (and 8, eventually) is what the next two books will be about.
Sep 19, 2013
947 posts
269 upvotes
Winnipeg
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 3:08 am
S8 will be the last season with 6 episodes, each 2 hr long going by multiple online reports and I believe them.

The books have to catchup with the show. GRRM has already discussed the plot with the showrunners.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4816 posts
1259 upvotes
Space
Since the books aren’t written and they’re improvising?? It’s possible they could create an ongoing story. Just speculating as I haven’t read the books. Atleast that’s what I’m hoping for lol.
May 22, 2016
817 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:58 am
Since the books aren’t written and they’re improvising?? It’s possible they could create an ongoing story. Just speculating as I haven’t read the books. Atleast that’s what I’m hoping for lol.
The books are nothing like the show now. There are story arcs that would have made the TV series last 10 seasons at least. I could see the books ending totally different than the show.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9823 posts
882 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 12:58 am
GRR Martin gave an overview of what happens with the major story arcs and how they end. The TV show takes their liberties filling in the details.