[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10150 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
webshark wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 3:23 am
The books are nothing like the show now. There are story arcs that would have made the TV series last 10 seasons at least. I could see the books ending totally different than the show.
I don't, as GRRM has already told D&D how it all ends. Now the show and books will take a different route to get to that ending, but the ending will be the same. If for example, AeJon sits on the Iron Throne as ruler of the seven kingdoms at the end of the books, then the same will happen on the show.
May 22, 2016
819 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 1:30 pm
I don't, as GRRM has already told D&D how it all ends. Now the show and books will take a different route to get to that ending, but the ending will be the same. If for example, AeJon sits on the Iron Throne as ruler of the seven kingdoms at the end of the books, then the same will happen on the show.
Something like the ruler of the seven kingdoms yes but many key players are still alive in the books and have major plot lines. In the books there are alot more ppl who could sit on the iron throne still.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7958 posts
782 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah while the general ending might be the same, the specifics might be different, unless GRRM also told D&D "these people are supposed to be alive by the end of the series, these guys now, how they die is up to you".
Sep 21, 2004
8838 posts
2381 upvotes
Calgary
http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/26/game-throne ... directors/

So the two directors who made the highest rated episodes (Hardhome, Rains of Castermere, Battle of Bastards, Winds of Winter) will direct 5 of the 6 episodes whereas Benioff & Weiss will direct the finale.

This is going to be epic.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Banned
Mar 24, 2017
18 posts
2 upvotes
peanutz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:24 pm
Do it!!!
Hei..

Just done! Really amazing! Thank you to this post owner for starting this thread!!

Regards
Dixita
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17679 posts
1307 upvotes
While we wait...

Emilia Clarke's reaction was great!
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3941 posts
527 upvotes
Aurora
I'm late to the game and don't want to butt in but I just wanted to say I've taken the plunge, having never watched GOT, and have binged though seasons one and halfway through 2 in 3 days. Now I'm hooked. Great show. I look forward to comparing it against Walking Dead, which I've been a longtime fan.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2306 posts
146 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 9:39 pm
I'm late to the game and don't want to butt in but I just wanted to say I've taken the plunge, having never watched GOT, and have binged though seasons one and halfway through 2 in 3 days. Now I'm hooked. Great show. I look forward to comparing it against Walking Dead, which I've been a longtime fan.
Everyone keeps talking and raving about this show while here I am cautiously avoiding this thread so the story doesn't get spoiled. I haven't even begun season 1.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3967 posts
1315 upvotes
BC
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 7:38 pm
Everyone keeps talking and raving about this show while here I am cautiously avoiding this thread so the story doesn't get spoiled. I haven't even begun season 1.
I just started watching last year after all the rave reviews and Game of Thrones references I've been hearing on RFD and on other forums.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3967 posts
1315 upvotes
BC
On another note, GRR Martin is almost 70 years old and he isn't exactly the fittest guy around. I hope he is able to finish his last two books, it would be kind of sad if they are left unfinished.

BTW, if you like Game of Thrones and have Netflix, you can give "The Last Kingdom" a try in the meantime until Season 8 is released in 2019. It's not quite the same thing, but if GRR Martin watches it (according to his tweet), you might like it too:

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Dec 16, 2015
711 posts
302 upvotes
Canada
dealseaker101 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 8:24 pm
On another note, GRR Martin is almost 70 years old and he isn't exactly the fittest guy around. I hope he is able to finish his last two books, it would be kind of sad if they are left unfinished.

BTW, if you like Game of Thrones and have Netflix, you can give "The Last Kingdom" a try in the meantime until Season 8 is released in 2019. It's not quite the same thing, but if GRR Martin watches it (according to his tweet), you might like it too:
He looks like jon snow??
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2306 posts
146 upvotes
dealseaker101 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 8:22 pm
I just started watching last year after all the rave reviews and Game of Thrones references I've been hearing on RFD and on other forums.
Yeah I'm gonna get to it asap. The only reason it took so long because I was curious to dive into the books first.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3967 posts
1315 upvotes
BC
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 9:10 pm
Yeah I'm gonna get to it asap. The only reason it took so long because I was curious to dive into the books first.
I'm taking the opposite route. After watching the show, I want to read the books.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
May 22, 2016
819 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
dealseaker101 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 8:24 pm

Maybe he should be writing instead of watching TV. Rome is closest to GOT. Even has some of the actors.