Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
Rome was an amazing show. I can definitely see how it inspired Thrones.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3970 posts
1317 upvotes
BC
trini wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 4:37 pm
This show has totally fallen off it's high horse, what utter garbage unless you're a tween.
It's one thing to remove all the sex and nudity but it's now a total joke.
HBO might as well leak the rest of it.
Might I recommend P**nH*b if that's what you care about the most. Face With Tears Of Joy
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3970 posts
1317 upvotes
BC
I thought this was a funny parody video of Jon mining dragon glass:

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3970 posts
1317 upvotes
BC
trini wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 8:54 pm
Actually Medici and Borgia are superior to GOT just for the historical accuracy alone, the sets and research done in those shows are as accurate you can get.
Another former GOT actor is joining the Medici cast for next season, Sean Bean.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/sean- ... 202468798/

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Sep 19, 2013
953 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg
dealseaker101 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 5:12 pm
I thought this was a funny parody video of Jon mining dragon glass:

it didnt have a lot of manipulations, only the background effect. still it made me laugh like hell....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
Haz wrote:
Oct 15th, 2017 11:47 pm
So what's the over under for how many episodes before he dies?
I read the Wikipedia article on the character that Sean will play. Let's just say it will be an appropriate role for Mr. Bean. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3951 posts
531 upvotes
Aurora
Two weeks ago I knew nothing about GoT books or series. Now after chronic late nights, I've started season 5. Still a great show and I'm fully engaged. If I had a complaint, there's too much action. Too many people I like die (eg, Red Wedding - holy crap). Seems like it's taking a long time (as at Season 5) for the Lanisters to start getting their due. Also, everyone is related to everyone else - sometimes it's impossible to keep track of who's who.

Anyway, just a catch-up report from a show noob. Great show.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8786 posts
1529 upvotes
Somewhere
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 2:56 pm
Also, everyone is related to everyone else - sometimes it's impossible to keep track of who's who.
That's a complaint I hear a lot from people who binge from the start.

Game of Thrones is really a show where it's best enjoyed one episode at a time, week over week. You really do need the time to watch and digest what you watched and read reviews/summaries of each episode online to really understand what's going on.

In many ways, Breaking Bad was a similar type of show.

In contrast, for example, shows like the Simpsons or Family Guy can be enjoyed on a binge.
:confused:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah, I'd say that for the first five seasons or so, there are literally about 50 characters in the cast that you have to keep track of and know who they are and what their relationships are to each other. Not to mention that most of the men are bearded and have a similar look and many characters have complicated names. That is a lot to absorb on a binge watch.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3951 posts
531 upvotes
Aurora
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 4:39 pm
Yeah, I'd say that for the first five seasons or so, there are literally about 50 characters in the cast that you have to keep track of and know who they are and what their relationships are to each other. Not to mention that most of the men are bearded and have a similar look and many characters have complicated names. That is a lot to absorb on a binge watch.
LOL, I also was thinking of this. Example. When Daenerys was laying siege to a city, a young mercenary (long, fair haired, clean shaven) was sent to assassinate her but ended up pledging allegiance to her. An episode or two later, I didn't see this guy but Daenerys had a new lover with shorter hair and a beard. It took me a while to realise it was the same mercenary but with a different look (maybe to look more "Westeros"-like to please Daenerys).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 6:43 pm
LOL, I also was thinking of this. Example. When Daenerys was laying siege to a city, a young mercenary (long, fair haired, clean shaven) was sent to assassinate her but ended up pledging allegiance to her. An episode or two later, I didn't see this guy but Daenerys had a new lover with shorter hair and a beard. It took me a while to realise it was the same mercenary but with a different look (maybe to look more "Westeros"-like to please Daenerys).
It was a different actor too! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes