• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 10:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 29, 2003
17677 posts
1307 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 10:42 pm
It was a different actor too! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Yep.

And The Mountain is on his third actor I believe.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2298 posts
143 upvotes
So this is what GOT addiction feels like. Oh boy, I can't stop, won't stop.

I almost didn't feel like going on after the first episode in season 1 cuz of all the gore and sex lol. I decided to give a second chance and it's been getting better and better ever since. Wooo!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
522 upvotes
Aurora
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:08 pm
So this is what GOT addiction feels like. Oh boy, I can't stop, won't stop.

Dang, I almost didn't feel like going on after the first episode in season 1 cuz of all the gore and sex lol. I decided to give a second chance and it's been getting better and better ever since. Wooo!
I'm in serious withdrawal right now - stuck at the end of Season 6. I don't have a subscription and can't borrow blu-rays anymore because the Season 7 disk doesn't come out until December.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2298 posts
143 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 10:31 pm
I'm in serious withdrawal right now - stuck at the end of Season 6. I don't have a subscription and can't borrow blu-rays anymore because the Season 7 disk doesn't come out until December.
Up to s1e9 now and man do I hate that pipsqueak Joffrey Baratheon!

Image

Tyrion is hella cool though. <3
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7361 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:45 pm
Up to s1e9 now and man do I hate that pipsqueak Joffrey Baratheon!

Image

Tyrion is hella cool though. <3
Have you been living in a cave or just discovered electricity? LOL. :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 26, 2004
10141 posts
701 upvotes
Mississauga
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:45 pm
Up to s1e9 now and man do I hate that pipsqueak Joffrey Baratheon!

Image

Tyrion is hella cool though. <3
I commend you on making it all these years and still remaining unspoiled! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
1451 posts
432 upvotes
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:08 pm
So this is what GOT addiction feels like. Oh boy, I can't stop, won't stop.

I almost didn't feel like going on after the first episode in season 1 cuz of all the gore and sex lol. I decided to give a second chance and it's been getting better and better ever since. Wooo!
Season 1 is rather boring.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
7449 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
badOne wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 5:59 pm
Season 1 is rather boring.
I've watched it twice. There's so many Characters I had a hard time following the first time I watched it. It really didn't get going until they killed Ned... that was one of the first holy crap moments.... The 2nd time I watched the first season (which was only last year) I found it alot more interesting because I knew the characters a bit better from watching all the newer seasons.....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2298 posts
143 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 5:59 pm
Season 1 is rather boring.
I don't know, it's not that bad. I'm up to season 3 now and the previous season seemed more "flat" than the first. The third is off to good start.
tranquility922 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:42 pm
Have you been living in a cave or just discovered electricity? LOL. :D
If there's enough people willing to chat about it then I'm willing to try it. I did heard about the books (and possibly the show) quite a long ago but I never looked into it. But now all the hype and how the recent season diverged from the books had me curious to see the series. Plus all the excitement that was going on in this thread I felt like I was missing out :P

Edit: And also, the House of Lannisters should instead be called the House of Jerks.
Member
User avatar
Oct 14, 2009
466 posts
124 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:25 pm
I don't know, it's not that bad. I'm up to season 3 now and the previous season seemed more "flat" than the first. The third is off to good start.
The third starts off well, but nothing really ends up happening in the end.

The first season is a bit slow because you're being introduced to so many characters, and a number of them don't make it. It really is a big introduction to the world. Things don't really get moving until Tyrion gets captured, which I think is about 4 episodes in. Season 1 is more like a prologue. You're basically at the beginning of a 70+ hour movie.

For the second season, I remember being confused early because it was a year later and I had forgotten a lot of the characters. I think both seasons are better when you see them for a second time. Since there are a few characters, like Ned, that took a lot of screen time in the first season, the show really starts to establish the main characters.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 9, 2003
16676 posts
376 upvotes
ugly wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 1:21 am
The third starts off well, but nothing really ends up happening in the end.

The first season is a bit slow because you're being introduced to so many characters, and a number of them don't make it. It really is a big introduction to the world. Things don't really get moving until Tyrion gets captured, which I think is about 4 episodes in. Season 1 is more like a prologue. You're basically at the beginning of a 70+ hour movie.

For the second season, I remember being confused early because it was a year later and I had forgotten a lot of the characters. I think both seasons are better when you see them for a second time. Since there are a few characters, like Ned, that took a lot of screen time in the first season, the show really starts to establish the main characters.
Nothing happens? Really?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
3937 posts
522 upvotes
Aurora
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:25 pm
If there's enough people willing to chat about it then I'm willing to try it. I did heard about the books (and possibly the show) quite a long ago but I never looked into it. But now all the hype and how the recent season diverged from the books had me curious to see the series. Plus all the excitement that was going on in this thread I felt like I was missing out :P
Yeah, agreed. if it wasn't for this thread, it would be unlikely I would have taken on the very daunting task of starting the show this late in the game.

And I disagree with nothing happening in Season 3. If you haven't finished it yet, wait'll you get towards the end. It has to do with a celebration. Yikes!! (I trust that was spoiler free).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2298 posts
143 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 5:10 pm
Yeah, agreed. if it wasn't for this thread, it would be unlikely I would have taken on the very daunting task of starting the show this late in the game.

And I disagree with nothing happening in Season 3. If you haven't finished it yet, wait'll you get towards the end. It has to do with a celebration. Yikes!! (I trust that was spoiler free).
O_o

I think I know where this is going ...
Member
User avatar
Oct 14, 2009
466 posts
124 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
I told you nothing really happens. ;)

Hopefully you didn't see it coming. When it was airing too many book fans were all too eager to drop hints about it. But even if you know it's coming, it's an incredible episode.

Top