None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
zaimsu90aaz21.jpg

Dope shot!
Last edited by rebel_rfd on May 19th, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
unshavenyak wrote: What's hilarious is the moral lesson they opted for was an elective monarchy. If history is any indicator, it would probably last for a few generations tops before it implodes and becomes a puppet office that is controlled via interested factions. Oh well.
Yeah it's the weirdest cop out. Would've made a lot more sense that nobody agrees and they just decide "f*ck this, no more Seven Kingdoms" and they all go back home.

Also I thought Brienne didn't know how to read/write?
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote: Did not enjoy that.
Should've watched the Raptors game instead.
Looks like I made the right choice by sticking with the game and double OT.
Just like last Sunday, went on my show watch with the great spirit of victory.

I think the episode did a great job following up the destruction of King's Landing.
Bit of a head scratcher seeing so many Dothraki - was this a contingent that did not go to the Winterfell Dothraki slaughter?

Did not expect Jon to do what he did, so did enjoy being surprised.
With Drogon taking off with the body, was expecting a return with something along the lines of a Night Queen.

King Bran the broken seems strange, mostly because of how much of a weirdo they portrayed him as the last couple of seasons. Difficult to believe the rest of the 7 would agree to tow the line while allowing the North to be independent, with both being controlled by a Stark.

Will need some time to process, but overall, did not feel it was amazing, but did not feel it was gauge my eyes out terrible. Was definitely expecting more deaths and blood though. Alas...
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote: LOL holy mickey mouse episode, that council meeting...man, I thought I was watching a reenactment of that play during Joffrey's wedding! LOL. Talk about amateur hr, democracy voting, and North secedes since Sansa always gotta be special and none of the other realms decide to do the same. Drogon burning the throne as some silly symbolism and doesn't kill Jon, flies away w the body...wth....

Who said Brienne can write in that book? Symbolic her writing the deeds in summary bla bla, so rushed like this whole season.

I think the only good parts were Drogon not dying and Jon *finally* giving some love to Ghost.
Since Brienne is at the council meeting, I assume she is in charge of the Kingsguard.
This gives her the right to write (in the book).
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
LoL, its crazy that Drogon just gives a pass to Jon for taking out Dany/Mhysa/Mom.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
rebel_rfd wrote: LoL, its crazy that Drogon just gives a pass to Jon for taking out Dany/Mhysa/Mom.
It's like 'meh', whatevs, I'll just melt that inanimate object. Plot armor, but saving Jon for what, exactly? Show's literally done that episode.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
well one less show to bitch about. All those years of theories about who will become the Night King came to nothing heh heh
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
badOne wrote: well one less show to bitch about. All those years of theories about who will become the Night King came to nothing heh heh
One less lol? I don't think I've ever bitched about any show before this one lol. This one was quite aggravating in parts.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote: LoL, its crazy that Drogon just gives a pass to Jon for taking out Dany/Mhysa/Mom.
I felt that was legit.
Drogon doesn't have free will on this - my read is that dragons are not capable of attacking Targaereans due to some sort of mystical evolutionary reason/limitation. I could be wrong, but don't the books elaborate on the relationship between both?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: well one less show to bitch about. All those years of theories about who will become the Night King came to nothing heh heh
It's almost like Martin has become the Rick Roll of modern literature.

Almost 23 years of theory crafting led us to tonight...

At least I have this Johnny White Walker to wash away the bad taste...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7065 posts
3378 upvotes
That is one smart dragon. It decides to take out its frustration on the throne, which it knows costed Dany's life.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: I felt that was legit.
Drogon doesn't have free will on this - my read is that dragons are not capable of attacking Targaereans due to some sort of mystical evolutionary reason/limitation. I could be wrong, but don't the books elaborate on the relationship between both?
The books do hint at Targs being able to control dragons/riding them. But that could also be propaganda by the Targ dynasty to prevent other Houses from trying to domesticate dragons.

The earlier scene shows Drogon being "cool" with Jon as he woke up from his slumber.

But the post death scene makes no sense at all, especially after seeing Drogon show up out of nowhere and risk being skewered to save Dany from the Harpies.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
There was a theory that Mance Rayder was Rheagar Targaryen in hiding. That would be fitting if it was true with this ending for Jon.

In the books, magic is used to swap Mance with someone else so the person killed wasn't Mance.

So, Jon heading back, across the Wall would be fitting of his father's arc to become King Beyond the Wall and lead the freefolk.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: I felt that was legit.
Drogon should’ve killed him. And I just noticed at the end the ice wall seems to have been miraculously rebuilt. Ugh
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7805 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Her speech was the best part of the episode. Jon shouldn’t have even been able to get near her, grey worm has been guarding her this whole time suddenly
He’s no where to be found when known traitor Jon walks in with her alone. Then Jon goes from staunchly loyal nice guy / pansey to killing her in a matter of minutes after a chat with Tyrion. Laughable. The whole bran as king thing played out like a joke, small council meeting also came off as nonsense, suddenly the seriousness of the show is gone and it’s now a comedy. I was so with them last week , and could rationalize her burning the city but this was the definition of dropping the ball. Don’t even get me started on the whole prince that was promised crap and Jon coming back from the dead only to be banished to a no longer needed nights watch. Le sigh. Not as bad as dexters ending but pretty damn close lol
Imagine how powerful that speech scene would've been if there was any real build-up to her descent into madness instead of flipping a switch over the course of one episode...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Drogon should’ve killed him. And I just noticed at the end the ice wall seems to have been miraculously rebuilt. Ugh
It's the same crew from Iron Islands that built all those ships for Yara out of seawater in 2 weeks.

They showed up, renovated King's Landing.

Then went North to rebuild the Wall.

TTC needs to hire those guys!
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Drogon should’ve killed him. And I just noticed at the end the ice wall seems to have been miraculously rebuilt. Ugh
If memory serves only part of the Wall collapsed when Viserion struck it. You can see parts of it still up when the Wight army goes through.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: Imagine how powerful that speech scene would've been if there was any real build-up to her descent into madness instead of flipping a switch over the course of one episode...
It was quite the imagery.

All it was missing was the Red Band. It had Nuremberg vibes.

With Drogon in the background, UnSullied/Dothraki in front. And her imagery as an Angel of Death as she walked out.

I mean as a Westerosi bystander watching this speech of hers, you could feel the chills of what she was trying to accomplish after.

Scary.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)