• Sep 8th, 2019 11:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
uber_shnitz wrote: If memory serves only part of the Wall collapsed when Viserion struck it. You can see parts of it still up when the Wight army goes through.
That wall was obliterated the door and everything was gone now it looks untouched: they dropped the ball majorly
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7057 posts
3368 upvotes
What exactly is the wall useful for now? It seems a place to dump the undesirables but beyond that, is there a reason for the wall now?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
848 upvotes
Drogon was in mode, "F* this, I am out of here!"
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8292 upvotes
Toronto
Heavenleigh85 wrote: That wall was obliterated the door and everything was gone now it looks untouched: they dropped the ball majorly
I don't think it was rebuilt. The wall has various castles and gates.
I think they were simply at an intact portion of the wall.
Weird that they would not at least show the destroyed portion...
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: What exactly is the wall useful for now? It seems a place to dump the undesirables but beyond that, is there a reason for the wall now?
It's up because it's always been up.

The freefolk don't really care about living in Westeros.

It's not like the Berlin Wall but more like the Great Wall of China.

A remnant of the past.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2316 posts
1091 upvotes
shikotee wrote: I felt that was legit.
Drogon doesn't have free will on this - my read is that dragons are not capable of attacking Targaereans due to some sort of mystical evolutionary reason/limitation. I could be wrong, but don't the books elaborate on the relationship between both?
This is right, since the Queen was immune to fire and possibly all Targs then Snow probably cannot be burned alive? Also think there is strong linkages between the Targs and dragons so Drogo still thought Snow was part of the family, couldn't touch him. Really wanted to see a revision where Drogo accepts Jon as new master or something and they go bury her together, and many on Youtube suggested he had baby dragons somewhere which they nvr showed. Really pathetic he is the only surviving member of his species with a hollow existence somewhere, all siblings dead. Where they hell did Drogo go? I thought in the ending it would show him on some island somewhere, he just vanished.

The episode was anti climatic, very weak, they made the cripple who did basically nothing the entire run the King becus he can see the past (the battle at winterfell he did nothing as well), Snow gets orphaned again in the North but in the last scene he treks with the free folk into the wilderness so did he abandon the night watch to live up North as free men? Tormund didn't even get a speaking part, lol
All the long expositions about the night king and white walkers for the entire series killed in one episode with no clues in the final of maybe a threat into the future.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8292 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: What exactly is the wall useful for now? It seems a place to dump the undesirables but beyond that, is there a reason for the wall now?
Perhaps the watch will now become more like immigration services?
What do you mean you don't have a passport?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
heat?? wrote: Jeez HBO is known for horrible series finales
Haha they have a lot of experience in this regard covered now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
shikotee wrote: Perhaps the watch will now become more like immigration services?
What do you mean you don't have a passport?
LoL.

You mean the militia situated in a icy part of the world will become Westeros' version of ICE? Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

HAHAHA
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Heavenleigh85 wrote: That wall was obliterated the door and everything was gone now it looks untouched: they dropped the ball majorly
No, it's you that has forgotten. Viserion destroyed a section of the Wall at Eastwatch by the Sea, the easternmost point of the Wall. Castle Black is in the centre, hundreds of miles from the destroyed section.
Last edited by Talamasca on May 20th, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Does anyone remember how Yara's support for Dany was contingent on the Iron Islands becoming independent and sovereign? Sansa declares independence and Yara just shrugs? Who needs consistency when you have House of Mouse money on the horizon!
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you look at around 4:47 you can see a section of the Wall still standing in the background (behind the section crumbling), but I'm unsure where the door and all that stuff was
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: Does anyone remember how Yara's support for Dany was contingent on the Iron Islands becoming independent and sovereign? Sansa declares independence and Yara just shrugs? Who needs consistency when you have House of Mouse money on the horizon!
Yea, it would have been funny after Sansa asked for independance, the rest of them chimed in and asked "Wait, that's an option?"

Iron Islands and Dorne should have asked for independence also.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
rebel_rfd wrote: k4m15r8d0az21.jpg
Meh, details smetails lol.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
I'm still disappointed how rushed everything felt over the past three seasons, especially this season. 1.1 million (and growing) signed the petition (https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-gam ... nt-writers), at least it'll let D&D know how they've disappointed millions after jumping the shark, not following logic, rushing through like crazy.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10120 posts
10230 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: I'm still disappointed how rushed everything felt over the past three seasons, especially this season. 1.1 million (and growing) signed the petition (https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-gam ... nt-writers), at least it'll let D&D know how they've disappointed millions after jumping the shark, not following logic, rushing through like crazy.
There's definitely more than 1.1million morons ...lol @ change.org petition for a TV show story.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6228 posts
4829 upvotes
Yes, it's comparing apples and oranges, but Ha..."Avengers: Endgame" was definitely superior to "Game of Thrones" series finale. The End. Actually it's not over, the friggin' showrunners are in charge of the next Star Wars trilogy now. Yike! LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)