• Jul 27th, 2017 12:03 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
2456 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
I binge watched the entire season this past week and it was good, but it felt very different than the previous seasons IMO. Too many good things happened, and that's not what GoT has been about. I don't know if it's the result of them working ahead of the books now, or if this is actually how JRR expected the story to develop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved that the fortunes are finally turning in the "good guys'" favor, but it was almost too much. I fully expected someone to come from behind and slit Jon Snow's throat in the final episode when he/they were in the hall.

GoT has had the knack of getting the audience to root for someone only to brutally murder them shortly thereafter.

Is JRR ever going to release his next book? It's been so long since I read them all that I feel like I'd almost need to go and read them all again (though I highly doubt I will at this point).
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23917 posts
5091 upvotes
GTHA
If you know someone who has not watched GoT and wants watch season 1, CTV will be airing it season 1 intact, unedited, and with reduced commercial time.

Winter is Coming -- CTV to Broadcast GAME OF THRONES Season 1 in Historic Network Marathon Beginning August 8
– CTV unlocks 10-episode first season; episodes to air intact, unedited, and with reduced commercial time. Viewer discretion is advised. –
TORONTO (July 7, 2016) – CTV unveiled today the centrepiece of its Summer 2016 programming strategy, announcing in a network first, plans to air HBO’s GAME OF THRONES Season 1 in a 10-episode programming marathon this August. The broadcast on CTV marks the first time the worldwide phenomenon has aired on network television in North America.

The most-watched series in HBO Canada history makes its broadcast debut on CTV and the CTV GO app beginning Monday, August 8 at 10 p.m. in all markets. Each weeknight for 10 straight episodes, the season unfolds until its chilling season finale on Friday, August 19 (see schedule below). The announcement, made by CTV in partnership with HBO Canada, which is the exclusive home of GAME OF THRONES in Canada, confirmed all 10 episodes are set to air intact, unedited, and with reduced commercial time to further enhance the viewer experience.

GAME OF THRONES Season 1 Marathon Schedule:
Monday, Aug. 8: Episode 1 – Winter is Coming
Tuesday, Aug. 9: Episode 2 – The Kingsroad
Wednesday, Aug. 10: Episode 3 – Lord Snow
Thursday, Aug. 11: Episode 4 – Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things
Friday, Aug. 12: Episode 5 – The Wolf and the Lion
Monday, Aug. 15: Episode 6 – A Golden Crown
Tuesday, Aug. 16: Episode 7 – You Win or You Die
Wednesday, Aug. 17: Episode 8 – The Pointy End
Thursday, Aug. 18: Episode 9 – Baelo
Friday, Aug. 19: Episode 10 – Fire and Blood
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1060 posts
232 upvotes
^ Very pleased about them airing Season 1 on CTV with all the episodes being complete with subtitles and all. Too cool, no need to borrow the DVD's from the library.

Last year in 2015 after first being introduced to GOT's through watching Season 5 Episodes 9 and 10 at the Cineplex viewing party, I later started with Season 1 right after during the summer. However, the torrent files I grabbed were missing the important subtitles in the dialogue. I was too lazy to search for them and never knew what I had missed. LOL Anyway, fast-forward to 2016 I binged watched Season 2 to 5 all completed before the month of May. Season 6, I watched like everyone else on a weekly basis but without the luxury of having HBO.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17385 posts
1196 upvotes
Confirmation of what Gendry is doing.
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-gendry-still-rowing/
Dan Weiss: “He’s still rowing.”

David Benioff: “Yes, he’s still rowing. It’s a long, a very long–”

Dan Weiss: “He’s coming up on Florida.”

David Benioff: “He’s getting in great shape. Think of the shape he’s in after rowing for four seasons.”

Dan Weiss: “Big lats.”
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
701 upvotes
[video]
[/video] summary narrated by Samuel Jackson
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23917 posts
5091 upvotes
GTHA
Seven-episode season seven will premier in summer 2017.

"Game Of Thrones‘ executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have been saying for a while that the next season of the HBO blockbuster would consist of fewer episodes than usual and that it would likely opened later. Today we officially learned that those episodes are going to be airing a couple of months later with a summer 2017 premiere of the seven-episode season and that will have an Emmy effect."
from http://deadline.com/2016/07/game-of-thr ... 201787998/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9756 posts
516 upvotes
Mississauga
That must have been a tough decision for HBO. Thrones was guaranteed to get tons of Emmy noms.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1750 posts
403 upvotes
Unionville, ON
rageking wrote:
Jul 12th, 2016 11:35 pm
[video]
[/video] summary narrated by Samuel Jackson
LMAO.

The last 30 seconds sums up how I feel about these damn bandwagon fans. DRAGONSSSSSSS!!

Man, STFU!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8683 posts
1457 upvotes
Somewhere
Conjuring wrote:
Jul 19th, 2016 9:26 am
Now Wait 1 year for Season 7.. would it be the last?
no. season 8 confirmed.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3446 posts
754 upvotes
Charlottetown
i can't believe we have to wait two more years to see how this all ends :(
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17385 posts
1196 upvotes
townie22 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 4:05 pm
i can't believe we have to wait two more years to see how this all ends :(
Imagine the agony for those who have been reading the books since the beginning.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed