Game of Thrones - Season 7, July 16, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 31, 2017
546 posts
116 upvotes
What was the point of the Arya Stark arc where she goes and learns how to be an assassin but winds up doing none of this? In the books, does she wind up killing some important enemy?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6722 posts
199 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 11:04 pm
What was the point of the Arya Stark arc where she goes and learns how to be an assassin but winds up doing none of this? In the books, does she wind up killing some important enemy?
She just killed the Freys using her assassin skills.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23851 posts
5060 upvotes
GTHA
Talamasca wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 7:17 pm
Trailer# 2 dropped today. Winter is Here! Less than a month to go.
IGN's full breakdown of Game of Thrones' Season 7 "Winter is Here" trailer, with their full theories, Easter eggs and analysis.

Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2187 posts
130 upvotes
I for one want to be done with this show. I wish this was the last season and they wrap up the stories.
I am simply tired of wating for a year between seasons, it fizzed my excitement about the show.
Mar 31, 2017
546 posts
116 upvotes
They're lucky no major cast member died while between seasons.
May 22, 2016
587 posts
76 upvotes
Ontario
badOne wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 11:04 pm
From what i remember she doesn't do this in the book. She kills somebody else thats not in the series. The books are completly different and better.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3904 posts
1022 upvotes
Kingston, ON
webshark wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 11:45 pm
From what i remember she doesn't do this in the book. She kills somebody else thats not in the series. The books are completly different and better.
The books are very different and better in a number of ways. The show's well past the books now though, so we can't say for sure what will or won't happen. When the 5th book ended, Arya was still in Braavos and Walder Frey was still alive.

The "Frey Pie" element that Arya used before killing Walder was similar to an excellent chapter in the 5th book with Lord Manderley at Winterfell, so since we didn't get that scene in the show, we got this homage instead. It ties into the Rat Cook story in Book 3 and Walder Frey's breaking of guest right when he had Robb Stark killed. Who knows, maybe something similar will happen when Walder finally dies.
Dec 9, 2006
861 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any place in Toronto that will play the show (bars?)

If not then I guess I'll figure out a way to get the VPN to work
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3904 posts
1022 upvotes
Kingston, ON
joep wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 12:15 pm
Are there any place in Toronto that will play the show (bars?)

If not then I guess I'll figure out a way to get the VPN to work
VPN - $x/mo
HBO Now - US$15/mo ~= CA$20/mo
+messing around to make it work

or

Basic Cable - $25/mo
HBO/TMN - $20/mo
+HST

It is more expensive to do it the Canadian way since TMN doesn't offer a standalone HBOnow equivalent (thanks BCE!), but at least you'd get full TV for the 7 weeks.

Alternatively, pay someone who hasn't cut the cord $20 to subscribe to TMN and use their login for TMN GO.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
13973 posts
3251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
back to my iptv server being slammed on sunday nights lol

GOT is worth it though.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9751 posts
513 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't know about about watching it in a bar. I've seen Youtube videos of the Burlington Bar in Chicago(?), and while it looks fun, you're bound to miss some key dialogue because of other people talking and stuff. And the cost of a couple of beers and some wings is already more than a monthly subscription to TMN/HBO.
May 2, 2017
31 posts
1 upvote
Desperately waiting for this season although I still cried what happen to Hodor in S6. Moreover if anyone finding any problem watching it online through HBO so follow this Your text to link here... to watch it without HBO subscription in Canada
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." ~ Bruce Lee
Nov 30, 2010
917 posts
276 upvotes
Just added the free 2 month HBO Canada and TMN promo with Bell - I'm so ready for SundaySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 31, 2017
546 posts
116 upvotes
jpy wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:02 am
Just added the free 2 month HBO Canada and TMN promo with Bell - I'm so ready for SundaySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Dominos still has their 50% off for Sunday, and MCD still has their dollar drink days

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)