• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 5:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7849 posts
743 upvotes
What the show might do is have Jaime "presumed dead" by all the major characters then have him come back at some crucial moment later on.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 11:25 pm
is the Lannister army all gone, or was this merely a small part of the army? This was the infantry was what I recall them saying. I guess they haven't sent out their cavalry yet.
There's a quick scene where Tarley talks with Jamie. He says all the gold is safely through the gates and that their forces are stretched thin. So we can probably assume that this is just a portion of the army that Dany destroyed. Also since gold got the King's Landing, that means the Iron Bank is repaid (or at least an installment), so that means Cersei can borrow more money for more troops. Cersei will still have a large army, but maybe not so much in supplies. Makes me wonder if Cersei will hire the faceless men? Her own version of the Unsullied?
Talamasca wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 11:23 am
You seriously think that's how they end a major character like Jaime Lannister? Just have him drown in his armour? Of course he's going to be rescued, almost guaranteed to be from Bronn.
I agree there's no point of Bronn saving him at the last second, if he was going to drown.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2241 posts
140 upvotes
I don't think that plot is going to happen. There's only three more episodes for this season and i believe Cersei arc needs to be finished this season.
They can't drag it to next season and mix it with the White Walker's battle.
Besides it has dragged long enough imo.
Plus next episode it looks like Jn is finally helping Danny against Cersei.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1741 posts
274 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 11:28 am
What the show might do is have Jaime "presumed dead" by all the major characters then have him come back at some crucial moment later on.
There's no way he's dead. He'll get pulled out and probably be captured by team Dragon.

My guess is that he'll get swapped for Yara. As the last episode Theon was asking for a rescue mission but that would essentially be taking over Knights Landing and Cersei effectively ending the southern battle story. Makes more sense they can get Yara back with just a prisoner swap, which also draws back on the earlier seasons where Jaime was captured and swapped.

-LeeBear
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7849 posts
743 upvotes
LeeBear wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 2:19 pm
There's no way he's dead. He'll get pulled out and probably be captured by team Dragon.

My guess is that he'll get swapped for Yara. As the last episode Theon was asking for a rescue mission but that would essentially be taking over Knights Landing and Cersei effectively ending the southern battle story. Makes more sense they can get Yara back with just a prisoner swap, which also draws back on the earlier seasons where Jaime was captured and swapped.

-LeeBear
I said "presumed dead", not dead dead aka maybe he'll find a way to get out somehow (as opposed to captured) and everyone will THINK he's dead, but he'll be somewhere else then reintroduced into the story at a later date. They've done this for a few characters now. I mean look...half of Westerns thought Arya Stark was dead...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4500 posts
570 upvotes
We can kinda guess what happens...there's two candidates...judging from the title of the next episode.

Then again. Other stuff keeps happening... (trying not to spoil for those who don't know).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7017 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
What was the pt of Euron keeping Yara alive, just to convenience the plot for the prisoner swap?

Glad those Sand Snakes and Red Viper's widow is done, another silly subplot.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
1917 posts
471 upvotes
Global Village
Talamasca wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 10:42 pm
Amazing! Dracarys all over the place!

Interesting that it wasn't a total victory for Team Dany though, as all of the gold made it back to King's Landing.
And now that there is evidence the Scorpion can do some dragon damage they are bound to invest in Scorpion-fortifying the place.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4370 posts
680 upvotes
Some questions and comments:

Jaime isn't dead, homie. But that last scene was important because it actually saved him for the rest of the season / show - what was his other option? Hang around and get slaughtered with everyone else? He was never going to retreat. So the writers dumped him in a lake to chill for a bit. The question is who saved him and it was probably Bronn or Dickon. Maybe Dickon's dad but likely one of the other two.

Gold reached Kings landing = plot device of uncertainty (tension!) as to whether the Iron Bank (aka Goldman Sachs circa GOT) would be repaid and allow Cersie to purchase reinforcements gets resolved. That means she can buy mercenaries. Great. Remember the mercs are from across the sea and they know all about the dragons - no one was willing to mess with Danni-Drogon tag team over there, other than the slavers who got massively dunked on, so 50/50 as to whether they sign up to get barbecued easily.

3 episodes are left. That means this whole Westeros thing probably needs to get shored up so they can move along to the white walkers plot.

Pew pew pew dragon fire pew pew pew.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Jun 15, 2012
702 posts
48 upvotes
MB
Jaime was staying in the shallow water and all of a sudden falling into 15 meters deep lake on the middle of the vast plains.
---
Aria 40 kg teen got hit in the chest by 100 kg woman, no broken ribs whatever.
---
The shortest queen in the world, saw the arrow nearby by instead of retreat decided to bring dragon as target again.
After trying to pull out harpoon arrow with bare hands equally stupid.
---
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Mar 31, 2017
721 posts
174 upvotes
zod wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 10:35 am
SPOILERS:

Isn't Jaime dead? Unless someone pulls him out at the end of the next episode it's hard to swim with armour on?
Someone has to kill his crazy sister. I bet it's him. Now that he knows she'll dump him for the man with the biggest army or navy, there are no loyalties.
Mar 24, 2015
531 posts
86 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
badOne wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 9:34 pm
Someone has to kill his crazy sister. I bet it's him.
or Arya disguised as Jamie? I guess she has to kill either Cersei or The Mountain or both, since they are on her list.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

b166er1337, dngo12, boonjaca