None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7175 posts
677 upvotes
Victoria
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 8:17 pm
its called cliffhanger. good old cliffhanger to keep the viewers engaged and wondering and looking forward to the next episode. Jaime is going to be well and alive, most likely captured
I assumed originally it might of been a cliffhanger, but then GoT has surprised me in the past so I thought.. well maybe he is dead.

You couldn't really see who pushed him out of the way, but then he drowns, which kind of makes it moot. So you expect cliffhanger, but sometimes Got just messes with you...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4500 posts
570 upvotes
Uh, Jaime being dead-dead is not happening, at least not at this time.

Why would they bother showing Bronn diving and preventing Jaime from death by fire...only to have him die by drowning? Just save screen time and roast Kingslayer in his armor, more entertaining that way as well.

Jaime's either going to be fished out, or "drowned" and then revived.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8691 posts
1460 upvotes
Somewhere
peanutz wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:48 pm

Why would they bother showing Bronn diving and preventing Jaime from death by fire...only to have him die by drowning? Just save screen time and roast Kingslayer in his armor, more entertaining that way as well.

I think he'll be fished out, held hostage by the dragon chick, exchanged for Yara. And since GoT is all about warm and fuzzy family reunions lately, he's gonna have a heart to heart chat with his little (HAHAHA) bro Tyrion, confirm that he didn't kill Joffrey, then he'll take his concerns back to his sister-lover, who will dismiss it, which just adds onto his doubt of her, crescendo-ing in him killing her (Kingslayer becomes Queenslayer!)
:confused:
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17456 posts
1213 upvotes
peanutz wrote:

I think everyone is taking the physical part of the scene too literally.

As he looked around him on the battlefield seeing the carnage inflicted onto the soldiers, he was scared and angry. We have never really seen him rattled this badly before. Jaime's now alone and sinking into the abyss is more about his emotional state and represents his fear and helplessness.

To hit the feeling home, they had a longer black screen before the silent credits.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15587 posts
431 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:18 am
the end is coming...more characters will die...
to piss off the fans, they should leak a fake ending where all the Starks + Dany die, Cersei survives, meets the White Walkers .... , becomes the Night Queen and rules the world as undead. THE END!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6271 posts
276 upvotes
GT'eh
Great episode ever if it was the shortest one, my guess, Jamie ain't dead, will most likely be fished out & rescued by Bronn or other knight Dickon? (still can't believe that's his name) and in the process they will sacrifice their life for his.
There's too much that has to happen in 3 episodes. We may not even get to see the grand battle with the WW.

There was so much significance in that last scene with him drowning, the producers said it was meant to show how his armor & to a degree Cersei was holding him back & weighing him down.

IMO, I still say this was the 3rd best battle sequence behind Hardhome & Battle of the bastards, but wouldn't call it much of a battle since the Lannister alliance got owned by Dany & her forces.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Jul 12, 2015
96 posts
12 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I feel like Jamie being a hostage again is most plausible, especially for a future prisoner exchange. I think Tyrion and him need to have a little closure chat, as Tyrion seems to have his doubts as well. Don't think Bronn is anywhere near Jamie, he had his own problems a moment ago, jumping out of the way of a huge dragon breathing down on him.

I do hope Bronn doesn't die, I love his character. I just want to see other people riding the other dragons!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Neovingian wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:28 am
Great episode ever if it was the shortest one, my guess, Jamie ain't dead, will most likely be fished out & rescued by Bronn or other knight Dickon? (still can't believe that's his name) and in the process they will sacrifice their life for his.
There's too much that has to happen in 3 episodes. We may not even get to see the grand battle with the WW.

There was so much significance in that last scene with him drowning, the producers said it was meant to show how his armor & to a degree Cersei was holding him back & weighing him down.

IMO, I still say this was the 3rd best battle sequence behind Hardhome & Battle of the bastards, but wouldn't call it much of a battle since the Lannister alliance got owned by Dany & her forces.
Well, we had two episodes of Dany's alliances being swamped by the Lannister/Iron Islands forces. I guess they had to add those two defeats in to show that Dany wouldn't steamroll through Westeros with her Dragons/Unsullied/Dothraki.

Both Jaime and Cersei have said in the past that they came together in the world and will leave together in the world. And this series is built on prophecies, so we definitely will not see the last of Jaime. He's back up afloat next episode.

No one is sacrificing their life for Jaime anytime soon since he's on his own redemption arc, well he was, seemed to fall off of it but maybe a future event seeing Cersei turn into a Mad King herself will spark something within him.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Purplenim wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:34 am
I feel like Jamie being a hostage again is most plausible, especially for a future prisoner exchange. I think Tyrion and him need to have a little closure chat, as Tyrion seems to have his doubts as well. Don't think Bronn is anywhere near Jamie, he had his own problems a moment ago, jumping out of the way of a huge dragon breathing down on him.

I do hope Bronn doesn't die, I love his character. I just want to see other people riding the other dragons!
Who is in the Red Keep for Jaime to be traded for?

All the Stark kids are back in Winterfell, Ellaria and Tyene Sand are dead, and Euron took Yara back with him to the Iron Islands.

At this point if you can be captured by Cersei, you are dead/deserve it. Only a fool would march into King's Landing thinking he/she could parlay with Cersei at this moment. If anything she seems to be the adopted daughter of the Mad King.
A Queen bent on vengeance.

Jaime probably escaped with the help of Bronn.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:24 am
to piss off the fans, they should leak a fake ending where all the Starks + Dany die, Cersei survives, meets the White Walkers .... , becomes the Night Queen and rules the world as undead. THE END!
Seems like a lost of wasted budget for a troll ending lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 8:30 pm
I assumed originally it might of been a cliffhanger, but then GoT has surprised me in the past so I thought.. well maybe he is dead.

You couldn't really see who pushed him out of the way, but then he drowns, which kind of makes it moot. So you expect cliffhanger, but sometimes Got just messes with you...
peanutz wrote:

I think Jaime's role in this series is to take out Cersei.

They both believe neither can die if the other is alive, as they both came into the world together and will leave together.

Jaime is also always reminded, along with the audience that he is a "Kingslayer."

It seems only fitting that now that Cersei is the Queen, he is the one to be "Kingslayer/Kinslayer."

I think the trigger for Jaime, cause its very likely he is alive, will be seeing Cersei shift to a Mad King herself, which we are slowly seeing as she blew up the Sept last season.

I think Cersei's only play at this moment, is hoping that the White Walkers thin out the North and Dany's forces, or somehow that Golden Company that Qyburn went to to hire last epsiode is insanely large.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17456 posts
1213 upvotes
trini wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 12:38 pm
If Bronn ran like that against one Dothraki i can't imaging what it would be like when he sees an army of White Walkers.
He was rushing to get to the Scorpion so he could try to take out Drogon.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Mar 31, 2017
721 posts
174 upvotes
The dragon will stick its head into the water and grab mr. one-hand, where he will be a prisoner for the foreseeable future until the WW becomes a credible threat to even Cercei.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

b166er1337, dngo12, boonjaca