PC & Video Games

Games that should of never existed/killed the franchise!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 9:16 am
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
26608 posts
1629 upvotes
Winnipeg
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:41 pm
Star Fox Adventures
Final Fantasy X-2
Super Paper Mario 2
Guild Wars 2 (killed it for me even though it was mildly successful)
Diablo III
Brave Fencer Musashi 2 (Samurai Legend)
Legend of Dragoon 2
Chrono Cross
diablo 3 shown innovation, first arpg where you can dual weld credit cards
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
bst/free stuff/btc/ether
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4178 posts
1767 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:23 pm
God Of War Ascension - hard to say exactly what I didn't like about this game but I lost interest after a couple hours despite finishing every other game in the series
Funny you mention this one! I have started it on multiple occasions and played the first hour or so and then I just forget to pick it back up. Now with the PS4 backlog, it's been shelved even though I've played all the rest when they came out. GOWIII was a day 1 CE purchase for me, good times.
Got an Established Ebay selling Account? I'm looking to increase my selling limit. DM me!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4178 posts
1767 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:21 pm
Pepsiman

Seeing this brought back some serious memories. I remember this on my PS1 as a 7-8 year old. Damn.
Got an Established Ebay selling Account? I'm looking to increase my selling limit. DM me!
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4178 posts
1767 upvotes
Toronto
Batman Arkham Origins comes to mind...it didn't kill the franchise, but I could have lived without it. Such a downgrade after two amazing games (different devs I know).

Another one that comes to mind is Tony Hawk, anything after American Wasteland (for me personally). It just stopped being fun, but man did I spend hours on hours playing Underground.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13740 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
Ren wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 4:42 pm
Games that should of never existed/killed the franchise!
ಠ_ಠ

Mechassault and its sequel should never have been associated with the Mechwarrior brand. They should have been marketed independently. Mechwarrior 4 was also a downgrade from Mechwarrior 3.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2559 posts
292 upvotes
BC
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:45 pm
ಠ_ಠ

Mechassault and its sequel should never have been associated with the Mechwarrior brand. They should have been marketed independently. Mechwarrior 4 was also a downgrade from Mechwarrior 3.
Couldn't agree more. I have some hope for Mechwarrior 5, but it's more like guarded optimism.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
1181 posts
413 upvotes
Markham
I got 2 for the same franchise, from the Command and Conquer franchise. Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight and the even worse free to play Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances. Both shouldn't exist and both have likely meant Command and Conquer is a dead IP.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18716 posts
2226 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Duke Nukem 3D
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Tennis Wii
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Sep 6, 2009
246 posts
17 upvotes
GTA - West End
Having really enjoyed Red Faction: Guerrilla, I'd say the next game in the series, Red Faction: Armageddon, really killed the franchise, quite literally imo as they never did make another one. Game went from a open world game on mars plus multiplayer to a linear corridor shooter which had coop.