PC & Video Games

Games that should of never existed/killed the franchise!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2017 9:16 am
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
25971 posts
1456 upvotes
Winnipeg
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:41 pm
Star Fox Adventures
Final Fantasy X-2
Super Paper Mario 2
Guild Wars 2 (killed it for me even though it was mildly successful)
Diablo III
Brave Fencer Musashi 2 (Samurai Legend)
Legend of Dragoon 2
Chrono Cross
diablo 3 shown innovation, first arpg where you can dual weld credit cards
4930k/32gb/256gb ssd/8tb hdd/win10pro/msi 290
list of ongoing trades BST & free stuff giveaway
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4033 posts
1517 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:23 pm
God Of War Ascension - hard to say exactly what I didn't like about this game but I lost interest after a couple hours despite finishing every other game in the series
Funny you mention this one! I have started it on multiple occasions and played the first hour or so and then I just forget to pick it back up. Now with the PS4 backlog, it's been shelved even though I've played all the rest when they came out. GOWIII was a day 1 CE purchase for me, good times.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4033 posts
1517 upvotes
Mississauga
raspeed wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 5:21 pm
Pepsiman

Seeing this brought back some serious memories. I remember this on my PS1 as a 7-8 year old. Damn.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
4033 posts
1517 upvotes
Mississauga
Batman Arkham Origins comes to mind...it didn't kill the franchise, but I could have lived without it. Such a downgrade after two amazing games (different devs I know).

Another one that comes to mind is Tony Hawk, anything after American Wasteland (for me personally). It just stopped being fun, but man did I spend hours on hours playing Underground.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13473 posts
1271 upvotes
Toronto
Ren wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 4:42 pm
Games that should of never existed/killed the franchise!
ಠ_ಠ

Mechassault and its sequel should never have been associated with the Mechwarrior brand. They should have been marketed independently. Mechwarrior 4 was also a downgrade from Mechwarrior 3.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2449 posts
268 upvotes
BC
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:45 pm
ಠ_ಠ

Mechassault and its sequel should never have been associated with the Mechwarrior brand. They should have been marketed independently. Mechwarrior 4 was also a downgrade from Mechwarrior 3.
Couldn't agree more. I have some hope for Mechwarrior 5, but it's more like guarded optimism.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
1116 posts
327 upvotes
Markham
I got 2 for the same franchise, from the Command and Conquer franchise. Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight and the even worse free to play Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances. Both shouldn't exist and both have likely meant Command and Conquer is a dead IP.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18546 posts
2027 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Duke Nukem 3D
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Tennis Wii
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Sep 6, 2009
237 posts
16 upvotes
GTA - West End
Having really enjoyed Red Faction: Guerrilla, I'd say the next game in the series, Red Faction: Armageddon, really killed the franchise, quite literally imo as they never did make another one. Game went from a open world game on mars plus multiplayer to a linear corridor shooter which had coop.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel