1149 posts
250 upvotes
GTA
has anyone tried this? are they legit?
Mar 16, 2009
74 posts
47 upvotes
Halifax
I just tried it, since this is a very good price and all CC's have anti-fraud measures these days, so I can just call the bank and charge-back if it ends up being fake.

Anyway, I completed the purchase, and it came to $51.31 CAD (due to a 2% processing fee or something). I got a weird page that said payment failed, yet my card appears to have been charged. I have not yet recieved any code after 10 mins. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt at this point and chalking it up to a processing error of some kind. I've contact their "support" and I got this e-mail as a response, within about 5 minutes:
Dear customer,

as you may have noticed, we are currently experiencing some technical problems with our delivery system at the moment.

Please be assured that our technical department is working incessantly on the issues and is doing everything to resolve the problems as quickly as possible.
However, at this moment we do not have any estimated time frame when the issues will be resolved.
We hope to be able to resolve this by evening. If you did not receive your order until then, please contact us again.

If you are understandably not willing to wait any longer, please use our helpdesk to request a refund:
https://www.smartliveservice.com/index. ... ebase/List

We will then refund your order(s) as quickly as possible using the same payment method chosen for your purchase.

As a small means of compensation, we are hereby sending you a 4% off voucher for your next purchase:

<redacted>

We wish to sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences and waiting times this has caused you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
I'm going to wait until "this evening" as they said, keep an eye on my card transactions, and call my bank if there is trouble.

May want to stay away from this one. I will post again if this is truly a case of their payment system not working. I checked here:

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.gamesdeal.com

It does seem that they're having "issues" today, as the reviews further down seems to suggest it was working yesterday and prior to that. Those 'reviews' could also be fake. I'll give it 24 hours and see what happens.
Mar 16, 2009
74 posts
47 upvotes
Halifax
Posting again, as I just received my code, and it worked! This came after an apologize for the inconvenience. I can confirm that this is legit :)
Nov 30, 2005
678 posts
84 upvotes
Leduc
GhaladReam wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 7:56 am
Posting again, as I just received my code, and it worked! This came after an apologize for the inconvenience. I can confirm that this is legit :)
did you get any order emails? I just tried and it went through the process and it dumped me back to the page to buy the membership with a red bar saying payment processing failed or something.
Mar 20, 2013
22 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
I can confirm working as well. Got the code via email shortly after. Ended up on the confirmation/invoice page after checkout, so it all worked properly for me (YMMV).
Jun 8, 2011
128 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
For anyone wondering how these sites operate and give customers cheaper than normal deals to these online products is quite simple. These sites are often based out of China. They buy hundreds of codes of various software on stolen credit card info. I rather go to a more reputable site or wait for a normal sale than give one of these sites my credit card info. That's just my preference though!
Mar 15, 2010
361 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Apollo74 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:11 am
For anyone wondering how these sites operate and give customers cheaper than normal deals to these online products is quite simple. These sites are often based out of China. They buy hundreds of codes of various software on stolen credit card info. I rather go to a more reputable site or wait for a normal sale than give one of these sites my credit card info. That's just my preference though!
I just clicked on link and that website definitely looks bootleg and sketchy. Kudos to those who got it and it worked, but I will just wait for a legit company to sell them for same price or cheaper. I was able to get 12 months for $39.99 off Amazon on boxing day last year.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1459 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
My Xbox Live expired this morning. Perfect timing.
Mar 16, 2009
74 posts
47 upvotes
Halifax
microwave wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:24 am
did you get any order emails? I just tried and it went through the process and it dumped me back to the page to buy the membership with a red bar saying payment processing failed or something.
That's exactly what happened to me, but I got my code about 30 mins later.
Nov 30, 2005
678 posts
84 upvotes
Leduc
As mentioned above I ordered this morning. Got a confirmation email but got a payment error after the payment process. Still haven't received a code and tonight got a call from visa fraud department. So ya not a good deal and those that got a code should keep an eye on their bank account.

Hopefully someone reliable puts gold memberships on sale soon.
Dec 8, 2013
195 posts
54 upvotes
Good deal but I wish I could find a deal I can afford right now and that is a discount on one month of Xbox Live. MS gave me a deal on one account last month for $6 Canadian and change but nothing on any of our accounts this month. : S Anyone know of any good single month deals?