• Apr 18th, 2005 7:41 pm
Tags:
None
10 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
Gamestops ripoff just as much as EB when I lived in the US. In fact Gamestops were slightly more underhanded.
So no deal here. The great thing is, Walmart will keep them in check.
Jul 15, 2003
910 posts
554 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Well... less competition in the states. I wish we had some KB Toys here, they had really great deals each time I went... =(
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
There's only been 1 EB location that treated me better than scum, hopefully this is an improvement.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Headhunter wrote:There's only been 1 EB location that treated me better than scum, hopefully this is an improvement.
ya thats why i would rather go to block buster if i need to trade in or buy now. i dont like the staff working at most eb games
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
x-batman wrote:ya thats why i would rather go to block buster if i need to trade in or buy now. i dont like the staff working at most eb games
What kind of trade-in values do you get on games? EB offers literally less than the cost of travelling to a location, it's a slap in the face...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Headhunter wrote:What kind of trade-in values do you get on games? EB offers literally less than the cost of travelling to a location, it's a slap in the face...
Blockbuster has a minimum trade-in value of $8 ($5 for movies). They give ~$35 to the most in demand games (GTA: SA, Jade Empire, etc.). You can of course use this credit towards buying/renting anything in the store, which is nice.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
Talamasca wrote:Blockbuster has a minimum trade-in value of $8 ($5 for movies). They give ~$35 to the most in demand games (GTA: SA, Jade Empire, etc.). You can of course use this credit towards buying/renting anything in the store, which is nice.
Yup, I have found them MUCH better than EB for trade in credit
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:Blockbuster has a minimum trade-in value of $8 ($5 for movies). They give ~$35 to the most in demand games (GTA: SA, Jade Empire, etc.). You can of course use this credit towards buying/renting anything in the store, which is nice.
Minimum, even for games that are 3+ years old?
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11978 posts
115 upvotes
Headhunter wrote:Minimum, even for games that are 3+ years old?
Yes, but they reserve the right to refuse the trade-in if they have too many of the game in-stock. I traded in all my old EA sports games when they had that 4 for a new game deal Xmas time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)